Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So... where is it? I activated it and have no idea where to find it lol.
    I have no idea still. Maybe there's some nonsense where you have to buy points/level it up and then it shows up? I don't want to buy points though right now so I won't be finding that out I guess for a while.

EDIT- Apparently I was googling the wrong things last night.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ip_compendium/
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-01-04 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    I got everything, even got golden hookblade of my first box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I got the shitty Natures Prophet staff.....
    Hm I wanted that the most, I got the normal slark blade instead.

Got Axe shoulder. Pretty cool looking.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Recently played my first dota 2 matches. It feels like 90% of the people I'm matched with are Russian and every game that I won had a 20/0 Russian smurf on my team and every game I lost had a 20/0 Russian smurf on the enemy team.

So all in all, I don't feel like I experienced dota as it should be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Recently played my first dota 2 matches. It feels like 90% of the people I'm matched with are Russian and every game that I won had a 20/0 Russian smurf on my team and every game I lost had a 20/0 Russian smurf on the enemy team.

This is pretty much dota today (not the russian part but the smurfing at low ranks), Not sure why people get a kick out of it, i find it really boring.

Dota is either really fun or really horrible, i never have a game inbetween the two. If possible find some friends to play with dota has a very bad community, rarely a game with people talking shit about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    This is pretty much dota today (not the russian part but the smurfing at low ranks), Not sure why people get a kick out of it, i find it really boring.

Dota is either really fun or really horrible, i never have a game inbetween the two. If possible find some friends to play with dota has a very bad community, rarely a game with people talking shit about someone else.
    What the game needs to combat this is something akin to CS:GOs casual game mode. The fact that you get punished for leaving when you don't want to be there anymore and don't find the game enjoyable really brings out the worst in many people. I experience enough toxicity in CS:GO competetive matches to just mute everyone at the start of the game (even though communication there is far more important then in Dota 2 pubs) compared to the CS:GO casual play I do to recognize the need for this in Dota 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post

I'd imagine that smurfing becomes much less of a problem as you start to level up. You can always try limited pick mode, none of the Heroes there are pub stompers, AFAIK, so its less likely you'll run into people smurfing. They're also some of the more basic heroes to start with too, so it kills two birds with one stone if you're new to the genre.

Dota is a game that's best played with friends. Its the quickest and easiest way to getting games played as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    What the game needs to combat this is something akin to CS:GOs casual game mode. The fact that you get punished for leaving when you don't want to be there anymore and don't find the game enjoyable really brings out the worst in many people.
    This is why I've always been in favour of a surrender option. It provides a way out for people who aren't enjoying the game without ruining it for the other players. I know its not going to please everyone, but it's the least objectionable way to end a game for the most number of people. Unfortunately its hard to have a proper discussion about it without people resorting to "go back to LoL" and similar comments .

surrender option would ruin dota, because if ure 1-2 kill behind or getting stomped because enemy team has good early team. bads would just surrender the game. happens in everygame i've played with surrender. Smite and HoN, also sucks to be snowballing and the enemy just surrender..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    surrender option would ruin dota, because if ure 1-2 kill behind or getting stomped because enemy team has good early team. bads would just surrender the game. happens in everygame i've played with surrender. Smite and HoN, also sucks to be snowballing and the enemy just surrender..

weird i play smite as well and i barely ever see a surrender vote working. Then again you know, theres the fact that smite does not let you surrender at 1-2 kills. You cant surrender in the first 10 minute of a match in smite, 10 minute of smite is literally 25+ minutes in a dota game. Allow to surrender 25 minutes in, is more then acceptable.

Honestly, a lot of times I'd rather the enemy team just tapped out rather than collectively having a bad time. Sure, sometimes I've been playing fantastically, but the novelty factor of stomping wears off pretty fast.

This game is so fucking flawed with griefing couriers and there is no way to properly report such idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    This game is so fucking flawed with griefing couriers and there is no way to properly report such idiots.
    Actually there is. You can open the player by clicking a button on top left, click offending players name and select the "report player" option to access the in-game report tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Actually there is. You can open the player by clicking a button on top left, click offending players name and select the "report player" option to access the in-game report tool.
    Apart from the fact that by griefing a courier or courier with items directly can throw you a won game when russians decided its time to throw a won game couse I didnt dive T4 vs 5 and T1 still standing and creeps pushing into base. Just to prove their point I have to dive with them.
    Prolly could have 1vs5 the team if it didnt happen that they griefed the courier items.

On top of that couldnt report during due to dota network failing, however I think all griefing should be treated completly different with twice/three times the normal LPQ or even force to bot match 100 times. It would teach the people.

/MoM attack speed jugger so fun ;d
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2015-01-06 at 02:10 AM.

I have to try MoM jug, I usually go treads-phase/drums/manta/basher and/or diffusal/ bfly-bkb-blink

manta diffusal is insane as jug, feels better than am lmao
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

havent seen mom jugg played well by anybody after the AS change, but i can kind of see the pub potential of 2x the amount of regular attacks between slashes in omni.

I really liked the way they played it yestarday in D2l .

Cheap effective items, however without drums in case which you must have a mana boots in team. However with phase/yasha/MoM it took very little time to regen in fountain. Also 1/1/4/3 + stats all the way. Spin only for the free bkb and items sth along:
    - Phase, I'd love Threads but I find myself hindered so much anytime I make them on jugg.
    - Mom / Mael / Yasha random order
    - Mjolnir
    - Utility items, MKB if needed, diffusal, finished manta or sny and/or deadalus. Eventually you can finish with Agh. Though CD sux a lot without agh but you wont have mana to spam it either between fountain breaks early game due to no regen.

Dont forget to activate MoM before ult.

I was looking long time ago about /haste/ breakpoints for jugg but seems nobody ever done it really deeply which is a shame tbh. It could show how much potential differnt item choices have.

If you want early game damage boost to your ultimate, medallion probably gives a lot more than MoM without doing any math.

but MoM gives you insane farm plus the movement speed you need to right click people down (while chasing) I tried it today (jungle jug kappa) MoM->phase->aquila->syy/manta->basher->diffusal/abyssal/butterfly. build 1-1-4-1
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    What the game needs to combat this is something akin to CS:GOs casual game mode. The fact that you get punished for leaving when you don't want to be there anymore and don't find the game enjoyable really brings out the worst in many people. I experience enough toxicity in CS:GO competetive matches to just mute everyone at the start of the game (even though communication there is far more important then in Dota 2 pubs) compared to the CS:GO casual play I do to recognize the need for this in Dota 2.
    It's a sad day when a game strives to be CSGO.