10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I feel the same way.
    I usually report the guy who spams in all chat "report X for bad", and given how usually the following day I get the notification about action being taken against the player these type of players do crap like that a LOT.

Given how the report system is pattern based I'm curious to know how these people think reporting some guy for having a bad game (Who is statistically the same skill due to mmr) is going to actually do anything.
    I don't think much thought goes into it. I've had plenty of games where I had a bad start and some dickhead on my team goes "report pizzashark" in allchat repeatedly and then I end up carrying the game. It's just a knee-jerk reaction to the perception that someone on their team is "ruining the game" for them. Like you said, these are the people I typically use reports on, and I usually get them back a day or two later.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Cloud 9 just made a BIGGEST FAUX PAS in HISTORY OF DOTA in game 2

Beyond imagination. As a C9 mild supporter, C9 is now officially T2 team after this unless they win a big tournament soon.

quoting "TP's are like pants, you don't have to have them but you cannot be caught without them"
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2015-02-07 at 04:39 PM.

Given how the report system is pattern based I'm curious to know how these people think reporting some guy for having a bad game (Who is statistically the same skill due to mmr) is going to actually do anything.
    Anyone who isn't a complete and total idiot can see the benefit towards reporting someone who's playing so incredibly bad that they single handedly lose the game. If it's just a bad game, just a 1 time thing, just a super rare occurrence, then guess what? They have nothing to worry about because nobody else is going to report them in their future games because they'll be playing better, right?

If you're playing consistently terrible, and you find yourself with a mute, that's the universe's way of saying "you've had enough ranked today".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Anyone who isn't a complete and total idiot can see the benefit towards reporting someone who's playing so incredibly bad that they single handedly lose the game. If it's just a bad game, just a 1 time thing, just a super rare occurrence, then guess what? They have nothing to worry about because nobody else is going to report them in their future games because they'll be playing better, right?

If you're playing consistently terrible, and you find yourself with a mute, that's the universe's way of saying "you've had enough ranked today".

You sir, are retarded.

You shouldn't report people for being bad, you should report them for flaming / feeding on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    You sir, are retarded.

You shouldn't report people for being bad, you should report them for flaming / feeding on purpose.
    Why report for flaming when I can just mute them and end the entire thing instantly? Are you one of those children who says "have fun in LPQ", and then sits there arguing with the flamer until the game ends?

Go play a pw server for like 3 games and tell me you don't get instantly reported for not being able to perform on the level of the chinese.

If you want to get good at the game, go play unranked pubs. You're expected to not be bad and know how to play in ranked. Simple as that.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-02-07 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post

Beyond imagination. As a C9 mild supporter, C9 is now officially T2 team after this unless they win a big tournament soon.

quoting "TP's are like pants, you don't have to have them but you cannot be caught without them"
    What'd they do? I've kind of always felt they were a second tier team. But maybe that's just because I really, really hate EE's fans.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What'd they do? I've kind of always felt they were a second tier team. But maybe that's just because I really, really hate EE's fans.
    You have to watch it without spoiling.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Don't queue US East. I've stopped doing that and only queue USW and EUW now. I've traded Peruvians for Russians, and honestly I like the Russians a lot more.
    Being European, I've not queued US servers usually. Doesn't stop the servers from occasionally going bottoms-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to watch it without spoiling.
    That requires a lot of free time

They beat secret once and almost beat them two more times. We're talking about the top seed of the tournament and likely the world at this point, almost lost 3 games in a row to c9. I think most people would agree that Secret did not even really beat c9 either game, more like c9 beat themselves. And you say they're going to be t2 team? If anything I have gained new respect for c9 from watching ADC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They beat secret once and almost beat them two more times. We're talking about the top seed of the tournament and likely the world at this point, almost lost 3 games in a row to c9. I think most people would agree that Secret did not even really beat c9 either game, more like c9 beat themselves. And you say they're going to be t2 team? If anything I have gained new respect for c9 from watching ADC.
    The issue with C9 is that they can't seem to get into anything remotely resembling a late-game pressure situation without shitting the bed in some comically incompetent way. The team simply has no functioning leadership once they hit the lategame and there's ANYTHING at stake.

If C9 ever wants to compete on even ground with a team like Secret or Vici they need to somehow pick up a captain that, when the lategame comes around, tells EE and Bone 322 to shut the fuck up, get their heads out of their asses, and stop throwing like fucking retards. The team has so much raw potential in terms of Dota skills and squanders it all because two of their cores are completely devoid of game sense when it matters.

Edit: What this boils down to essentially is "Kick EE, win TI5", because Lord knows that guy is too self-important to ever have shots called for him despite the fact that he's probably the worst captain in supposedly top-tier Dota atm, and by a long-ass shot, too.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-02-08 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit that game 2. How the fuck can one team be so good and so fucking terrible at the same time? How the fuck do you end up with literally no one on your entire motherfucking team not having a single TP? Good play on Arteezy to notice that and take advantage.

Feel bad for S4, can't do anything as Puck against Axe with cancer scepter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who isn't a complete and total idiot can see the benefit towards reporting someone who's playing so incredibly bad that they single handedly lose the game.
    What a polite way to start off your reply. Figures, that you're the guy that reports people for having bad games.

If it's just a bad game, just a 1 time thing, just a super rare occurrence, then guess what? They have nothing to worry about because nobody else is going to report them in their future games because they'll be playing better, right?
    Wrong. That's what mmr is for. If they are inconsistent and suck they drop mmr.

How on earth is somebody being unable to communicate going to suddenly make them realise they've have some bad games? The player won't be able to talk, but he will still be "bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Game 3 is so fucking dumb. Bone7 aggressively feeding, EE and Bone7 buy Lothar's when there's a Slardar on the other team, zai trolling C9 by spending all his free gold on Dagon and Eblade. How do you let them get Broodmother when your team has no answer to her? ES isn't really an answer because any smart BM will just send the spiderlings somewhere else anytime there's gonna be a teamfight. IMO Kunkka's the best counterpick to her, Tidebringer wipes out spiderlings in droves and ignores invis completely, X prevents her from running away too. Good Omniknight play by notail, but that hero is a waste of a pick if you can't give him a solo lane, he needs XP and gold way too much to be a typical ward bitch support, he's a super greedy support. Axe doesn't buy Crimson Guard against the hero that CG is basically designed to be used against (they didn't get CG against a team with a fuckton of summons in game 2, either. Idiots.) Pop Crimson Guard, gz on immunity to summoned units. Gondar would've been a better choice than Axe (even though Axe is OP) for the Track vs Broodmother, VS and Dubstep are squishy enough to make it worth having the Gondar too. Hell, SF is pretty squishy too.

Funny as shit watching C9 dogpile on Arteezy, fail to kill him, then Arteezy has time to just stand there and ult (and they don't even think to back off while he's doing this) and wipes out their entire damn team. How many times did that happen? Like four? Hell, it sure seemed like Arteezy took someone with him every time he died.

I definitely think Juggy is a fad that will taper off soon. He's good but not first-pick status good, he's so goddamn squishy. Lot of times, I'd rather have a PA. His Agh's is OP as fuck though. Axe is probably here to stay, though. I'm just surprised it took them this long to notice how strong Axe and Troll are. It'd be interesting if the pros would talk about trends after they've already happened - like "we started experimenting with this hero and that hero a couple months before the patch arrived that put them into the spotlight" to see how long it takes them to "discover" those heroes after a patch arrives that nerfs the current meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Feel bad for S4, can't do anything as Puck against Axe with cancer scepter.
    Applies to a lot of heroes. Axe dominates lane after all the buffs he was given so he could jungle effectively, and since call goes through BKB, he never really falls off in effectiveness even if he basically afks for the first 30 mins. I've never understood why pros lane Axe and don't max Battle Hunger though. That skill is such fucking horseshit to deal with, especially if he times it decently. It's a pretty potent slow, does 30 dmg/sec after reductions at max level, and pretty much has no cooldown at max level too. I can understand maxing spin early to speed up farming/jungle speed, but I feel like even after the nerf to cd/duration, Call is still his weakest skill for the first 25 mins of the game. A value point gives you plenty of utility for setting up ganks, other stuns, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What a polite way to start off your reply. Figures, that you're the guy that reports people for having bad games.
    All of his posts are like this. Just do what I did and put him on ignore.

People playing consistently poorly does happen though. You make it sound as if its totally unheard of for players to be on tilt. It doesn't just happen to pro's, it can and will happen to just about everyone playing Dota at one point or another. And it usually leads to them playing over-aggressively and end up feeding, or in other words, playing consistently bad and losing games.

How on earth is somebody being unable to communicate going to suddenly make them realise they've have some bad games? The player won't be able to talk, but he will still be "bad".
    Exactly this. And the worst part is you're trying to dress it up like you're doing them a favour. You also have to realise that the person playing badly knows that they're playing badly. Constantly pointing it out to them isn't going to help and reporting them for it is just going to make them play even worse in their next game - Muted or not.
    If you really want to help these people then the best thing to do is to point out the things they're doing well. Give them some positive encouragement, even change up your teams strategy or laning arrangements. You can even stop whatever it is you're doing and go help them out of the mess they're creating. Some people skills and a positive spin on events can help you salvage even the worst of games.

Not naming and shaming but reporting such mofo is best what you can do.

Guy at ~3.8k mmr picks SF, feeds mid, get treads + euls in 25min and have no clue why on earth pros buy, use and what for that eul's. An example of a cancer player with low IQ that copycats pros without even a slight clue what he is actually trying to copy.

I manageto explain him what for that eul's is, but he so bad that pulling euls + ulti combo is way too much for him.

No regrets. Ever. To be made for players like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    ►Well played!
    ►Well played!
    ►Well played!
    ►Well played!

Great post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...cret_made_the/

The amount of "IFs" that happened leading to that situation is just WoW ~~

What pisses me off the most are people at ~4k mmr not knowing basic stuff like autoattacking creeps,pulling on a single unstacked camp, harrasing near enemy creeps, people thinking they HAVE TO defend the tier1 towers at all cost even if its 1v5 and ofc necro and pugna being only supports.
    I refuse to believe that those people are at my mmr or that they are just having a ''bad day'' so i report some of them because its probably a matchmaking bug that valve needs to fix!