Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    You sound very skilled and well knowledge enough about dota for me to respect your opinion, im just bored of this topic because i already know im right.
    That's why I said "It was mediocre while it lasted", because there's no point if someone's so adamant that they must be completely correct.

That being said, for someone who was "done talking" to me, you seem to not be. That being said, I am done though, I'll let other's throw their two cents in. Although I do find it funny that nowhere have I or most people in this thread resorted to flat out insulting you yet you find it perfectly viable to fire back insults like it proves your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's why I said "It was mediocre while it lasted", because there's no point if someone's so adamant that they must be completely correct.

That being said, for someone who was "done talking" to me, you seem to not be. That being said, I am done though, I'll let other's throw their two cents in. Although I do find it funny that nowhere have I or most people in this thread resorted to flat out insulting you yet you find it perfectly viable to fire back insults like it proves your point.
    oh sorry i meant im done talking about ranked, as you dont really know what it is or how it works.

strictly on a personal experience level, i mean. obviously.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    oh sorry i meant im done talking about ranked, as you dont really know what it is or how it works.

strictly on a personal experience level, i mean. obviously.
    Well of course, I don't have a personal experience with it, but chances are I'll never have a personal experience with rankings up near like 5k anyway. Just like I'll never have personal experiences with professional football playing, the most I'd do is play with a few friends.

Like I said, that's what I have other's experiences for, which for the most part always label trench as a terrible area to be stuck in, which was my original point.

I guess I lied about not responding either, but it doesn't seem to be as conflicting of a discussion anymore so eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I come into this thread there's always chronic bitching about one thing or another. Why can't y'all have CIVIL conversations.

Because if I do my chronic bitching in game, I'll get muted.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, for anyone who didn't watch Twitch during the grand finals, Wynter Wyvern was confirmed to be released in the new bloom event. (or near)
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2015-02-10 at 03:57 AM. Reason: series of edits Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    FYI, for anyone who didn't watch Twitch during the grand finals, Wynter Wyvern was confirmed to be released in the new bloom event. (or near)
    Coolio. New Bloom isn't that far away correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Coolio. New Bloom isn't that far away correct?
    About a week or two.

Maybe a few days.

About a week or two.

Maybe a few days.
    Sorry, I forgot, Dota still suffers from Valve time. But still cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Hi
    Oh, I also say hello to that statement. Although I'm actually that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't think it's pointless to argue, I mean, in my opinion he kind of kneecapped his own argument bringing up leaderboards. If 5650 can get you in the top 200 NA players, and Valve isn't lying about their 10+ million unique players, then 5k is DEFINITELY top 99%. You could create a pretty simple bell curve graph and make a fairly reasonable estimation of where players fall, given the data we know (top 200 player MMR/total accounts). I'd put money on 3500 putting you in the top 80-85%, 4500 putting you in the top 99%.
    After some digging around I did come across this graph which was made with user submitted data. It does have a relatively small sample size of just over 7000 and is only representative of those who've used the site, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Pulling some numbers from it though, 4.7k MMR would put you in the 88th percentile, while 3.5k would put you in the 43rd percentile. These are numbers from ranked only however, where as your method would give you estimates for all Dota players world wide. Feel free to make of it what you will.

This is a little disappointing, I was hoping for Pit Lord to be next. But on the bright side, it leaves just two more unreleased Heroes. Who knows, by this time next year we might be seeing the first Dota 2 original Hero.

It's also one of those heroes that after I see someone zoom from one lane to another to gank someone I'll be like "How do they still have mana after ulting there".
    Hah, I know. For a long time I felt like I instantly ran out of mana on him, but it's gotten a lot better, and as you get farmed up holy balls can you roll. I was zipping along chasing a Pudge from our top t2 to the top rune. Though then I had I an Orchid, Scythe and BoT, but still man, shit can roll.

Still no idea what is the optimal skillbuild really. I know I want a few levels in the vortex, and at least a value point in the other two, but Idk how to balanace them. Or what the item progression should be. I've just been going treads into orchid, then fuck if I know what I do after that.

Deleted
    There's 2 skill builds that are popular currently. The relatively new one was popularised by Sumail, it's basically 4-0-4. Going that path means you'll have more mana to use for ult and remnant and ultimately do more dmg. Of course you lose the disable Vortex gives you. Also, you farm faster with this (incl jungle) and you can push out lanes faster.

Then there's the traditional 1-4-1 which pretty much the opposite of the above. Means you can gank more reliably but at the cost of damage.

What go for really depends on the situation. When you think you don't need vortex cos you have other disablers in team then it's perfectly fine to go 1st build. However, in pubs I would suggest just going 1-4-1 cos you don't really know if you can rely on your teammates. What you go after that doesn't matter much. Most max overload before remnant.

Item progression also depends a lot on the game. Treads into Orchid is almost always a really good opener unless the enemy team has too many good ways of removing the silence (omni/abba/etc). Or if you're so behind on farm that you'd get the orchid super late, after enemies have bkb's and stuff.

Apart from these my suggestions are: Consider getting a soul ring after treads, esp if you're in a sidelane and not mid. Now after you're done with orchid you need to make a judgement call. If you think you're ahead in farm and you can snowball off it, finish the bloodstone. However, don't make the mistake many Storm players do when they are getting rekt by enemy team, buy a bloodstone and lose all charges in 5 mins. Definitely consider if you need a BKB. It seems like a waste but it's actually super important when the enemy has a lot of ways of silencing/disabling you. An alternative to BKB (you can still get both) is Linken's, again depending on what you're facing. The stats and the regen it gives are pretty legit too. Your endgame is almost always Hex, you can never go wrong with that item if you ask me. There are many options for filling last slots now. Some get shiva's, others get right click items(deso, etc) but honestly you can go whatever you feel like. Last thing is I saw you mentioning BoT's, I would suggest only getting that as your 6th slot as the treads are super good on storm.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    After some digging around I did come across this graph which was made with user submitted data. It does have a relatively small sample size of just over 7000 and is only representative of those who've used the site, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Pulling some numbers from it though, 4.7k MMR would put you in the 88th percentile, while 3.5k would put you in the 43rd percentile. These are numbers from ranked only however, where as your method would give you estimates for all Dota players world wide. Feel free to make of it what you will.
    Eh, user submitted data means a select representation of online users, already vastly more likely to be higher ranked by virtue of being a demographic that takes the internet more seriously. Your 95% that make up the 1-3k range also tend to be the people that only log in for a game or two and never waste their time browsing the internet after.

I highly recommend going vortex on Storm. Sumail skips it because he has (currently) the best team in the world behind him ready to help him set up kills. In pubs, you cannot count on your allies to stun people for you, you have to do it for them if you want kills.

Four points really necessary though? I've been going like 1-1-3, then put one or two more points into Vortex, max out Overload and max out Remnant after, then go back for the last Vortex point(s). Alternatively 1-3-1, maxed out Overload and gone back for Remnant...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2015-02-10 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Eh, user submitted data means a select representation of online users, already vastly more likely to be higher ranked by virtue of being a demographic that takes the internet more seriously. Your 95% that make up the 1-3k range also tend to be the people that only log in for a game or two and never waste their time browsing the internet after.
    Indeed, its far from being perfect. But unless Valve release some official up-to-date Ranked statistics sites like that are probably going to be the best we'll get. And I'm not sure that Valve ever will make that kind of information public. The only time I can see them doing so would be if they decided to introduce Ranked Seasons, and even then only as a way to let people know how highly they finished the season. I won't say never but I don't think Valve will do it, or anything even remotely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Indeed, its far from being perfect. But unless Valve release some official up-to-date Ranked statistics sites like that are probably going to be the best we'll get. And I'm not sure that Valve ever will make that kind of information public. The only time I can see them doing so would be if they decided to introduce Ranked Seasons, and even then only as a way to let people know how highly they finished the season. I won't say never but I don't think Valve will do it, or anything even remotely similar.
    They gave out stats when they showed people their MMR in the first place. You either trust them or not. Whether there has been some inflation since then is the biggest question, and while I'm sure the answer is yes, it probably isn't much. I doubt ranked MMR is higher than unranked across the board.

I usually do 1/1/3 on storm mid, really all depends on who you're against. You'll want higher vortex against heroes like QoP, and you don't need more than a point or two in it for heroes like CM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I come into this thread there's always chronic bitching about one thing or another. Why can't y'all have CIVIL conversations.
    Because Liilo isn't banned right now.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Four points really necessary though? I've been going like 1-1-3, then put one or two more points into Vortex, max out Overload and max out Remnant after, then go back for the last Vortex point(s). Alternatively 1-3-1, maxed out Overload and gone back for Remnant...
    I prefer 1-2-2-1 at lvl 6 if i can kill the mid, but if games hard i usually max q - e and farm jungle till orchid.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Imo most important thing for playing storm is quickcast on orchid... Being able to orchid someone during ball lightning when you innitiatie without having to click is the best thing you can do.

Same can be said about hex and vortex. It makes things much more easy, yet often overlooked or unnoticed by players.

Talent builds as much as item builds, vary a lot whatever is needed.

Most people have issue to recognize what items would be good though. I'd say 20% of your team success in games are item builds to counter another team. It is like most pudges building aghanims scepter instead shiva/cuirass/halbard most of the time. Useless. But it is easier to blame others for your own mistakes or being outplayed.