10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    How many games played by each? Pubs know Slark is OP and spam him, he's first pick in most games now. Inevitably that's going to bomb his winrate as players even worse than me play him and lose because they're just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    AA shuts down Slark really hard
    What retarded Slark would ever get hit by something as slow as ice blast?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How many games played by each? Pubs know Slark is OP and spam him, he's first pick in most games now. Inevitably that's going to bomb his winrate as players even worse than me play him and lose because they're just that bad.

What retarded Slark would ever get hit by something as slow as ice blast?
    It's not up to Slark if he is going to get hit by Ice Blast when he leashed someone. It's a lose/lose situation for Slark. He either just wasted leash (in sense that he have to move away and dodge ince blast), or gets hit by Ice blast. Also Cold Feet is quite important spell that is able to wreck Slark heavily (and for argument sake - any assassin who just used his only way in/out of fight). It's all up to AA player to make these things work because of free purge that Slark have in his possession
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Luna's pro game winrate outstretches slark's by an even wider gap for the entirety of the current patch, but then again, meta shifts make that data meaningless on labeling which heroes are OP.

Larger sample size didn't seem to hurt Zeus' absurd 56-57% winrate, and nobody here complains about that mario coin bumping, mid-lane instalocking, ion cannon imitating, greasy italian pizza maker looking, pub cruiser.

He can still be scary in higher bracket.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Luna's pro game winrate outstretches slark's by an even wider gap for the entirety of the current patch, but then again, meta shifts make that data meaningless on labeling which heroes are OP.

Larger sample size didn't seem to hurt Zeus' absurd 56-57% winrate, and nobody here complains about that mario coin bumping, mid-lane instalocking, ion cannon imitating, greasy italian pizza maker looking, pub cruiser.

He can still be scary in higher bracket.
    Pugna 10chars
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I don't think, pugna is a good Zeus counter.

2 out of the 3 spells Zeus uses have literally no backlash from pugna's ward. Chain lightning costs no mana, while still triggering his strong passive, and Zeus ult range is shockingly large. Oh and if you defensively decrep someone on your own team, he's 100% going to die no matter what.

Reminds me of this comic though:
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-06-30 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think, pugna is a good Zeus counter.

2 out of the 3 spells Zeus uses have literally no backlash from pugna's ward. Chain lightning costs no mana, while still triggering his strong passive, and Zeus ult range is shockingly large.
    Iirc, arc lightning has ~90 mana cost, and it's spammable. Having a ward on a lane = Zeus can't farm and push. Having it in a teamfight = Zeus can't ult refresh ult

Why would you stand in range of a pugna ward when you can reduce the hp of every hero in the game to sub 50% while standing anywhere on the map?

Also 80 mana per Q means maybe 120 ward damage per use. That's figuratively nothing.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-06-30 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compare that to amount of Cs her throws in a teamfight/when farming and you'll get a picture. The ward is about 1600 range iirc, it depends on how you utilize it. Pugna blink-warding on top of you while you are being slowed by Banish and nuked by something else? Even simply walking away out of ward range to do something you could do instantly can lose you a teamfight, especially when something like BMs boar or Viper ult+passive sits on you.

There is way around it, but having a Pugna (and actually playing around it) on your team when enemy team has Zeus significantly increase your chances to win.

I'll take your word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i'm not sure about it. Zeus can reliably interrupt Pugnas' ult, also he denies Pugnas' ability to save his teammates with Banish. But if you do not rely on any of these things then it's fine. I remember when i've played Zeus that having Ward somewhere nearby is huge annoyance that can actually drop you down on health and mana and makes basically huge 3200 "no farm" zone for you.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-06-30 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's official, Dota 2 is complete shit outside of scrims/inhouse games. Matchmaking system is complete shit because there's no region locking and no punishment for shitty behavior of any sort, and then when Valve's servers inevitably fuck up because they're overloaded (because, again, no region locking) the player gets punished. Server fails to load the game, reconnect attempts fail because of course they do, so leave the game it says is safe to leave... and have to sit out 10 minutes because Valve's servers fucked up.

Yeah, fuck that shit. It's hard to believe a company running such a shitty show is making so much money and maintains such good customer satisfaction ratings. Valve is no better than EA used to be, honestly.

I also think that I have gotten legitimately worse at the game from playing pubs. Pubs instill so many bad habits in you, and I get penalized hard for those habits in IH/scrims because there's actual teamwork, communication, and coordination happening.

So, yeah. Fuck pubs.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2015-07-01 at 06:32 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

team liquids inhouses are fun if you like cm. no scary players like beesa still play them, but fireball has been hosting them for like 4 years.

Deleted
    I've stopped playing dota, once again - until bloodseeker gets nerfed, its not fun playing aginst him.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I've stopped playing dota, once again - until bloodseeker gets nerfed, its not fun playing aginst him.
    Agreed, he is far worse than sniper troll and jugg ever were. The techies virus has also spread pretty well and there's one of them in almost every game now, too. And even worse, they almost always lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Agreed, he is far worse than sniper troll and jugg ever were. The techies virus has also spread pretty well and there's one of them in almost every game now, too. And even worse, they almost always lose.
    It's not even specific heroes, it's just players. So many just clueless and super awful players in ranked, in addition to the usual spread of assholes and people otherwise too drunk or high to pay attention. Ranked should be for serious play, unranked for casual play, and the difference should be enforced.

Like, in spite of all its flaws and lazy gameplay balance approach, DotA is still really fun when everything works out properly, but that just doesn't happen in pubs because Valve doesn't give two shits about match quality or anything that isn't selling more compendiums or hats. It really says something about how awful pubs are in DotA when you can be in a good mood starting up the game and be in a terrible, angry mood 35 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's not even specific heroes, it's just players. So many just clueless and super awful players in ranked, in addition to the usual spread of assholes and people otherwise too drunk or high to pay attention. Ranked should be for serious play, unranked for casual play, and the difference should be enforced.

Like, in spite of all its flaws and lazy gameplay balance approach, DotA is still really fun when everything works out properly, but that just doesn't happen in pubs because Valve doesn't give two shits about match quality or anything that isn't selling more compendiums or hats. It really says something about how awful pubs are in DotA when you can be in a good mood starting up the game and be in a terrible, angry mood 35 minutes later.
    How do you enforce seriousness on people playing a match?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Honestly I could understand if you hoped for a Leshrac nerf, but BS is still countered by a tp...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    How do you enforce seriousness on people playing a match?
    Plenty of ways of doing it, but nearly all of them would require them to actually spend money on systems and eventually people to shepherd it. A quick way of doing it would be an extension of the existing report system, with human oversight before punishment occurs for any new options beyond the existing three. Punishments don't even have to result in low priority, just a temporary ban from ranked games. Ideally, all punishments are associated with IP addresses so that you can't easily skirt around them with smurf accounts (most people are gonna be too stupid to use a VPN.)

A company that probably grosses several hundred million dollars a year from Dota 2 alone can certainly figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I could understand if you hoped for a Leshrac nerf, but BS is still countered by a tp...
    sup 70 sec cd on TP

Deleted
    BS ulti isn't even the problem, its his retarded passive - 700 + Move speed and 300 dmg during a team fight at 15 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Tusk and Lesh is much bigger problem than BS

His ult is countered by a TP early game, sure.

All he needs is a Skull Basher to semi-fix that though.