1. #1
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117

    DOTA 2 is going too fast!

    With every patch update, they are bringing such changes which is making the matches to end faster. Like in 7.06 update, jungles will respawn every minute which will give an opportunity to farm faster for jungler in early game and carries in middle game.

    What your views about it?
    - says Ralph

  2. #2
    Jungle was always responding every minute up until 7.0. When they put the bounty runes in the jungle they changes it so bounty runes spawned on the even minutes and jungle on the odd. Personally, i don't like the bounties in the jungle and prefer the creep re-spawning every minute, it's more fun as support to balance stacking/pulling/harassing.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

  3. #3
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Jungle was always responding every minute up until 7.0. When they put the bounty runes in the jungle they changes it so bounty runes spawned on the even minutes and jungle on the odd. Personally, i don't like the bounties in the jungle and prefer the creep re-spawning every minute, it's more fun as support to balance stacking/pulling/harassing.
    They were respawning every minute before 7.0 but the quantity was less. Earlier there were only 6 neutral camps (1 small, 2 medium, 2 hard and 1 ancient) and now there are 9 neutral camps (1 small, 3 medium, 3 hard and 2 ancient). It effect's the game much in terms of both farming and stacking.
    - says Ralph

  4. #4
    Trying to get that League crowd

  5. #5
    Err, this change is making the game slower IMO. You can sit back and farm if you had a poor laning phase instead of being forced to fight from a disadvantage.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Err, this change is making the game slower IMO. You can sit back and farm if you had a poor laning phase instead of being forced to fight from a disadvantage.
    Ye at lower skill maybe, at 5k+ people gonna use any advantage they can get and after a really good early phase to let the oppenent farm freely is surely not gonna happen.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Ye at lower skill maybe, at 5k+ people gonna use any advantage they can get and after a really good early phase to let the oppenent farm freely is surely not gonna happen.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say with this. Because the same logic can be applied to what I'm saying.

    As I see it there's more creeps to farm spread out all over the map again so heroes that can flash farm with levels will have an easier time to recover.

    I'm confident we'll see rat dota getting viable again. More defensive drafts with farm oriented cores.


    If we're gonna push it to pro level we already had drawn out games before this patch and you seriously don't think good mid/safe lane players are gonna take advantage of being able to use their jungle again after a poor laning phase?

  8. #8
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say with this. Because the same logic can be applied to what I'm saying.

    As I see it there's more creeps to farm spread out all over the map again so heroes that can flash farm with levels will have an easier time to recover.

    I'm confident we'll see rat dota getting viable again. More defensive drafts with farm oriented cores.


    If we're gonna push it to pro level we already had drawn out games before this patch and you seriously don't think good mid/safe lane players are gonna take advantage of being able to use their jungle again after a poor laning phase?
    This is what something I was looking for, but what I meant is that this easy farming is making the games to end quicker, rather than making it slow. People with brain know how to farm quickly with this advantage and games are ending at around 30 to 35 mins with massive farms. Ain't that quick?
    - says Ralph

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    This is what something I was looking for, but what I meant is that this easy farming is making the games to end quicker, rather than making it slow. People with brain know how to farm quickly with this advantage and games are ending at around 30 to 35 mins with massive farms. Ain't that quick?
    I think that's still slower than before where games could basically be over after 15-20 mins but you just couldn't end because you needed stuff like BKBs to push high ground. There's more farming going on at the start now and less pushing/fighting from what I can see.

  10. #10
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I think that's still slower than before where games could basically be over after 15-20 mins but you just couldn't end because you needed stuff like BKBs to push high ground. There's more farming going on at the start now and less pushing/fighting from what I can see.
    I second you on that, but that 15-20 mins thing was quite rare. I'm playing usually with people ranging between 3K to 3.5K and observing that the games were usually of 45 to 50 mins, but nowadays they are ending up at around 30 32 mins at an average. There are no clear stats for that, but just an average I've been observing.
    P.S. not comparing to tournament matches.
    - says Ralph

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,346
    Camps provide 20% less xp/gold is actually pretty big nerf.

    I'm 4k and my matches on average are 45 minutes.

  12. #12
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Camps provide 20% less xp/gold is actually pretty big nerf.

    I'm 4k and my matches on average are 45 minutes.
    Yeah, but with time their bounty increases!
    - says Ralph

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    Yeah, but with time their bounty increases!
    To be on par with the prenerf the game has to be 75 minutes long...

  14. #14
    High Overlord proralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bendigo, Victoria
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    To be on par with the prenerf the game has to be 75 minutes long...
    Oh well, yes!
    - says Ralph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •