I just noticed how scary Veno's movement sounds are. :I

I also think selecting (other) units (than your hero) is a pain compared to even wc3. I mainly miss having mouse button 4/5 to cycle through units (or does tab work? (on the other hand I have to admit that I have been using a 3 euro mouse for over a year now anyway which has only 2 buttons and a mousewheel, so it wouldn't matter that much for me anyway. Though the tab option would be nice though)). For some reason I have problems controlling the other (fire/storm) pandas as well as necro spawns properly since dota2, as it sometimes takes me up to three or four attempte so select the proper creature. Some of my friends have been complaining about this too, and I can imagine this could have a serious influence on someones (future) Meepo performance... I remember cycling though the copies with the net was awesome!

(P.S. Has anyone been playing dota1 recently? Skywrath Mage + Legion Commander is some boss ult combo. o.o' Can't wait for them to be implemented (though they will probably be nerfed anyway)).

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    On which team? If you're his enemy the only thing you can see is him raising his arm, which can also easily be a fake cast depending on how good he is.
    I generally recognize the ult by it's green glow instead of the raising of the arm as I generally antipick SK for my team (most stunners/silencers should do the trick) and lurk near my team dedicated to scout for a hidden SK powering up his ult and hopefully interrupting it in time. I think SK generally needs to be counterpicked as Pipe simply doesn't absorb enough damage unless it is combined with a meka or a (few) bkb(s). And even then the SK ult is often backed up with a Krob/Tide/Enigma ult so I would argue that specifically counterpicking SK is rarely a bad idea.
    Last edited by conceit2; 2012-05-12 at 02:06 AM.

I was talking about Kunkka's torrent =p

Different pages and all of that.

SK is definitely very powerful and is one of the heroes I have max performance on, very easy to be one of the strongest heroes in the game. Between burrow/blink dagger you have effectively two blinks and an invis, very hard to kill, very reliable AoE CC, very good farming ability. Can dominate some lane matchups with his passive and one of the best initiates in the game...

It's too bad a well timed global ult like silencer/zeus/mercurial/someone with radiance nearby/scepter NS/or even just a lucky powershot and other risidual AoE can completely screw him over. Still, a very powerful pick in most teams.

Tab to change unit groups works, I do this on panda.

SK is definitely very powerful and is one of the heroes I have max performance on, very easy to be one of the strongest heroes in the game. Between burrow/blink dagger you have effectively two blinks and an invis, very hard to kill, very reliable AoE CC, very good farming ability. Can dominate some lane matchups with his passive and one of the best initiates in the game...

It's too bad a well timed global ult like silencer/zeus/mercurial/someone with radiance nearby/scepter NS/or even just a lucky powershot and other risidual AoE can completely screw him over. Still, a very powerful pick in most teams.

Tab to change unit groups works, I do this on panda.
    Dont forget pugna, a well placed ward can "fuck" you.

Deleted
    Valve got the Dota trademark that they wanted, so blizzard renamed their Blizzard DOTA to Blizzard All-Stars

http://gosugamers.net/general/news/1...s-up-all-stars

Good outcome, really. I'm glad that it happened as it did and Dota 2 is still Dota 2!

Ah, excuse me, my brain must have ignored the first part of the quote yesterday, so in that case yes, one can have a hard time recognising the torrent for said reasons.

Deleted
    How did you all get a key? I heard valve stopped giving out keys because people sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellprank View Post
    How did you all get a key? I heard valve stopped giving out keys because people sell them.
    I got my first three keys in November for filling in this survey.

I got my next three keys in February by posting in this thread.

I presume both methods still work.
    Last edited by conceit2; 2012-05-12 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post

Okay thanks, ill try my luck and hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post

Darer is also doing a promotion on Facebook. If you like their page and share a certain post you get entered in a drawing for a key. They have 300 or so keys to give out and I believe it started yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimoose View Post
    Darer is also doing a promotion on Facebook. If you like their page and share a certain post you get entered in a drawing for a key. They have 300 or so keys to give out and I believe it started yesterday.
    Can you give me a link to that?
    I really wanna try out Dota2 so taking any chance i can to get a key

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    Dont forget pugna, a well placed ward can "fuck" you.

My favourite one is when vs crystals maiden.

900 damage if she dares to cast her ulti

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post

Her ult really needs a lowering of the mana cost for a hero with such garbage stat gain =/
    It's already so bad it barely warrants skill points.

Her ult really needs a lowering of the mana cost for a hero with such garbage stat gain =/
    It's already so bad it barely warrants skill points.
    Back in days, crystal maidens mana pool was not enough(literally) for her ulti so leveling ulti at level 6 was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post

How about that Lina ult, where the recoil deals more damage (680mana/1050dmg) than the ult(950dmg) itself.
    Last edited by conceit2; 2012-05-14 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Back in days, crystal maidens mana pool was not enough(literally) for her ulti so leveling ulti at level 6 was pointless.
    Yeah I remember that, but there was also a point in time where it was actually fairly reliable for damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching a lot of games since I can't seem to get a key, and I see Morphling almost every damn game, and whoever is playing him generally seems to be completely unstoppable after a certain point, being pretty much immortal and producing some enormous damage.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yes morphling is an extremely powerful caster carry, arguably the most. With a full build he can ethereal blade for about a thousand damage, his adaptive will hit for even more than that, and then the wave form will be about 500 if they're still alive. He tops very close to 400 agility full core full agility morph.

He's one of my favorite heroes because, unlike hyper carries, he's not useless early/mid game either. He can have a very rough lane phase with his awful starting damage and range, and all of his core items are very expensive and difficult to build.

With the ability to morph 8 str/sec which produces the best heal in the game, an instant teleport to anywhere on the map as long as he keeps his ult up, and a built in blink/nuke, I can see why he might appear immortal.

I still don't see him picked much, though. Windrunner and PotM are literally in nearly every game I play. Looking through my game history, in the past few weeks of dozens of games there are like four total with neither of those heroes.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-05-14 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see him picked much, though. Windrunner and PotM are literally in nearly every game I play. Looking through my game history, in the past few weeks of dozens of games there are like four total with neither of those heroes.
    Yeah, I've mostly been watching joinDOTA games and I see Morphling in nearly every game, and the team that has Morphling nearly always loses, it just seems to be a fact of nature, like Melk dying every single teamfight if he's Venomancer.

I still like it when the high level players choose unconventional heroes. I still don't see Pudge or Chen very much, and Invoker's always banned. Had fun seeing Ursa get picked once... they lost, but it was hilarious watching Ursa two-shot anything that let him get close.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Still surprised...though DotA has developed a very specific LoL-style meta lately, it doesn't surprise me that "unorthodox" carries would lose a lot...just that they would get picked at all o_O