Why are people playing co-op vs bots?

I don't play a new hero for the first time in PvP. This is because, for example, I find out things like Wisp doesn't have keybindings for spirits in/out. Not the sort of thing I want to find out in the middle of my lane.

Just play with bots vs bots? Much easier to just practice on stuff then

It is faster to queue co-op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Just lost a bot game a few hours ago. First time DotA player ever, level 3 BH against two bots top who were both level 10 when I checked. Beastmaster went 0-4 against jungle creeps, drow had one wraith band and 5 empty slots at 20 minutes, and I was testing wisp so there was nothing I could do. Haven't seen that kind of new in a long time.
    Oh my. I just get people with no game sense that run blindly into stupid engages.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Oh my. I just get people with no game sense that run blindly into stupid engages.
    That's okay, my win ratio is at best .1 when I queue with friends, and it's over 5.0 when I solo. The matchmaking system really has no idea how to balance a game with me in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    People love me, usually i play support, and BUY WARDS AND COUR. everyone happy
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    That's okay, my win ratio is at best .1 when I queue with friends, and it's over 5.0 when I solo. The matchmaking system really has no idea how to balance a game with me in it.
    I'm slowly working my way up to 50-50 win/loss. 1 win away now, had a lot of bads drive my score down massively

Part of me secretly wonders what my winrate would be if I didn't have friends. I'd still rather lose with Zefie than win with randos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me secretly wonders what my winrate would be if I didn't have friends. I'd still rather lose with Zefie than win with randos.
    Well I got so close, then the matchmaking did it's usual trick of slamming me with a team of retards. Both morph and akasha wanted to go mid...... so they did.... and lost to drow

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of observations from today's games:

- Furion is fucking OP as shit. It's that fucking teleport, free Boots of Travel is ridiculous. No fucking wonder he's picked or banned in nearly every single pro game. His ult can easily hit someone for 50% or more at the 15-30 minute range and he's a monster pusher once he maxes trees and teleport. Use trees to push one lane, teleport to the other lane, make some trees, and push that lane, too! Trees, tellyporta, and his ult all combine to create a hero that's ridiculously strong.

- Bane is really, really good. He's a monster in lane once you get Soul Ring (nonstop harass /w Brain Sap), his Q pretty much takes a carry out of the fight and has a long damn range, and his E would probably be really good in something that isn't a pub game. Tends to get broken a lot in pub games by retarded teammates. His ult is ridiculous, and once you get Necrobook, it gets even worse. BKB that shit and get your necrominions on them and they come out it with hardly any health and no mana. Getting hit by that shit is pretty much a death sentence. Lots of fun playing as him. Surprised he's not seen in pro games more, really beastly laner. Maybe it's because he doesn't have any real push?

Good CMs make me cry. Enemy team had a retarded Furion (that still was like 30/5/15 because OP teleport), but their CM basically carried them to victory. Really fantastic timing on the ults, every time I'd go in for a Ravage she'd ult on top of me and I'd die without being able to do much more than a Ravage followed by a Gush. Once she was able to pick up her BKB she didn't even have to wait for the Ravage first, she'd just BKB and run on in. Furion built hard carry style (had Mjolnir, Crystalys, and Lothar's by the end, they would have won 20 minutes earlier if he wasn't an idiot and knew how to use trees and ulti to push) so we were focused on keeping him from right-clicking stuff down, CM would get in and it just turned into a trainwreck after that.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've seen few games where we had nothing to do to stop furion push due to our hero set up. Even you win xp and gold, you just can't stop furion without anti-push power. I agree, furion is OP.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I've seen few games where we had nothing to do to stop furion push due to our hero set up. Even you win xp and gold, you just can't stop furion without anti-push power. I agree, furion is OP.
    Tinker puts that pushing power to a complete halt, and Alchemist can feed off it TONS. All you need to do push them back. It is annoying harassment, but it isn't OP by any means. Old KOTL's pushing power was OP. (Aggs + Refresher = 4 spirits and SHIT tons of priests, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Lots of fun playing as him. Surprised he's not seen in pro games more, really beastly laner. Maybe it's because he doesn't have any real push?
    and no aoe
    he need lvls to be effective but there are better heroes for 3-4 role and as ward whore he wont get exp fast enough to mean something in team fights

enfeeble is really good spell but by the time you max it (as both brain sap and nightmare are on higher prio) enemy AM doesnt give a fuck about -100dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Tinker puts that pushing power to a complete halt, and Alchemist can feed off it TONS. All you need to do push them back. It is annoying harassment, but it isn't OP by any means. Old KOTL's pushing power was OP. (Aggs + Refresher = 4 spirits and SHIT tons of priests, anyone?)
    Alchemist and Tinker don't get free bots. That 2500 gold they spent on boots can be spent by Furion on other, more useful items, and Tinker's push requires him to be present. Once trees are sumoned, Furion can basically leave the lane and push another lane. You won't push all the way to a rax with just one round of trees, but they'll obviously give your creeps a huge edge. It's basically a guaranteed tower unless the other team sends someone to stop it.

And his ult is just plain OP in the midgame if it's used right. It's ridiculous to see pro games where Furion zaps someone for half their health without the kind of setup AA ulti and similar global ults take.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I couldn't find this video in this thread so I'll show it to you. This video is not made by me. Tobi Wan is the commentator and one of the best I've ever heard commentating.
    It is a summary of all awesome moments from the first Defense tournament, I hope you`ll enjoy. If this video was posted anywhere else please feel free to remove it.

Deleted
    As you may have noticed it is also far from being completed. There are missing at least 1/3 of gamemodes and 1/3, if not more, of the heroes. They start adding new stuff once they've added all the missing things from the Wc3 Dota. I also played dota since its early versions, around 5.1 I guess. They just made the game "put of beta" because the game mechanics are nearly done. Just give it some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbl View Post
    I couldn't find this video in this thread so I'll show it to you. This video is not made by me. Tobi Wan is the commentator and one of the best I've ever heard commentating.
    It is a summary of all awesome moments from the first Defense tournament, I hope you`ll enjoy. If this video was posted anywhere else please feel free to remove it.
    [video=youtube;Y6W376wMpdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6W376wMpdk[video]
    I'll never understand why people have such a hard-on for black holes when they're all bunched up. Were they expecting him to use it when they're not?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyJoe View Post
    Don't be so naive, it is in beta for 8 months, the game is nearly finished or close to being so. Heroes can be implemented later, they really doesn't matter that much, it is the stuff around that is important and dota 2 brings nothing new in this area.
    Considering the success of Counter Strike: Source and the likely success of CS:GO I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Thanx for video. It's always fun to watch Tobi's VODS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'll never understand why people have such a hard-on for black holes when they're all bunched up. Were they expecting him to use it when they're not?
    Of course they are not expecting them to use it when they're not bunched up. But the fact that someone finds the enemy team all bunched up is very very rare in a competitive match because as a team you must be all time scattered in teamfights if there's an Enigma in the opposite team.