Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starchaser View Post
    the graphics dont really seem as good as what they should ie, dont wan to get to technical , its pretty much instinct when u see it , its like seeing thing that is 1 pixel and something that is 100 you dont need to see each individual pixel to know whats up
    I have really no clue what you're talking about. All I can say is glad to not have people like you in the game then.
    If you had any constructive critisism sure, but things like 'boo graphics bad hurr durr', really?
    In DotA I'm normally so focussed on last-hitting/trying not to feed/ganking etc. that I don't even pay attention to the graphics.

But then again...I play Dwarf Fortress so I guess I don't care about graphics anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    She WAS pretty shitty, but not much she could have done to stay on the lane. Missile and rocket barrage are all magical damage, and Windrun doesn't really save her from missile. The tower wouldn't hit the missile enough before it just hit her. But honestly, she wasn't good.
    Well, don't get caught away from creeps and rockets don't do much, and missile isn't a big deal if you don't try to run from it.

Has anyone built Soul Ring on wisp? Wondering if his partner will gain the mana when he's tethered to someone. But it's not an actual mana gain, but a temporary +150 mana buff, so it doesn't SOUND like it'd be transferred...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I have really no clue what you're talking about. All I can say is glad to not have people like you in the game then.
    If you had any constructive critisism sure, but things like 'boo graphics bad hurr durr', really?
    In DotA I'm normally so focussed on last-hitting/trying not to feed/ganking etc. that I don't even pay attention to the graphics.

But then again...I play Dwarf Fortress so I guess I don't care about graphics anyway.
    yeh so why would they make dota 2 then when wc3 dota is basically that

yeh so why would they make dota 2 then when wc3 dota is basically that
    More developer freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    More developer freedom?
    i guess thats the most important aspect from it then imo

Maybe you should think for a while before voicing any more unique, interesting opinions.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's a more important aspect than 'pleasing graphicwhores'.
    Thank god.

OT: How to lane as a melee character? I'm having troubles (at least against AI) to lane as Sven and Juggernaut. Whenever I go for a minion, the enemy naturally targets me.

Should I aim more for at trying to kill the opponent? Or just wait until I can farm at tower? Same with supporting as Ogre Magi really. I'm having quite some success with Ogre-Magi, but harassing without using your skills is difficult, as it's a melee champ.
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2012-08-03 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god.

OT: How to lane as a melee character? I'm having troubles (at least against AI) to lane as Sven and Juggernaut. Whenever I go for a minion, the enemy naturally targets me.

Should I aim more for at trying to kill the opponent? Or just wait until I can farm at tower? Same with supporting as Ogre Magi really. I'm having quite some success with Ogre-Magi, but harassing without using your skills is difficult, as it's a melee champ.
    It's not LoL, you don't really harass if you're melee against a ranged

Buying a Stout Shield will help a lot. 20 damage off of a ranged hero's attack (who for the most part do less damage than melee characters during the laning phase) can substantially reduce the amount of harassment you take. Quelling Blade will increase your damage vs creeps pretty substantially, making it easier to dart in for a kill and get out before you take too many hits.

Also be aware that if they're harassing you, they aren't getting denies or last hits. Assuming you don't die and they can't harass you so hard you have to back off, you can still stay ahead on creepscore. Denies hurt ranged characters more than melee as well, since melee characters still get a small amount of XP from denies (since melee are much more vulnerable to harassment.)

If you're melee and you're laning against an orbwalker like Drow or Huskar, or someone like Visage or Viper... you need to switch lanes, because Viper and Drow especially are just going to make you hug the tower the entire time, in-lane harassment is one of their strong suits.

For best results if you're running someone like Sven or Juggernaut, make sure you lane with someone that has a disable. Sven + Vengeful Spirit is an incredibly dangerous lane for the enemy: both have a 2 second stun right from level 1, both stuns do significant damage, and Sven's naturally high attack damage combos very well with VS's armor-reducing Howl.

Juggernaut can get an easy first blood with some quick boots (buy some consumables but hang onto your last 200-300 gold and buy your boots as soon as you can; not recommended vs higher MMR players, though) and a lane mate that can stun or slow - try laning Juggernaut with a Crystal Maiden or even a Wisp (+20% movespeed while tethered and if you spin through them, they will be stunned by the tether.)

You can also combo with heroes like Sand King, Tidehunter, or Chaos Knight, but you're asking for trouble by laning two melee together if you don't murder the shit out of the enemy lane, and you never, ever want two carries laning together and fighting for last hits.

EDIT: Oh, and creep/tower aggro works like this: They prioritize a friendly hero being attacked over everything else. If a friendly hero is nearby and being attacked, they will immediately drop what they're doing and attack whatever is attacking their friendly hero.

However, they have an "aggro range" of 500, and the game only re-checks the "aggro table" every 2 seconds. You can abuse this to get in some free shots without drawing aggro. If you're more than 500 units away from all creeps/towers and you issue an attack command (right-click) on an enemy hero, the system checks to see if anything's in range - nothing is in range, so the creeps and towers don't respond. You can then attack that hero for two seconds before the system will check again, so if you can right click while out of range, dart in and squeeze off an attack, and then get back out of range before the 2 seconds pass, you just got a free shot off and the creeps won't care.

This largely only applies to ranged heroes (since melee heroes can't get in range to attack and then back out again before the 2 sec is up), but it's something to watch for. If you see a ranged hero getting shots off at you and the creeps don't react, they know the aggro trick - save that replay and watch it to learn how it's done, and try doing it yourself if you play a ranged hero.

On a tangent, ranged heroes are supposed to harass because their right-click damage is always lower than a melee hero's right-click damage (unless you're Invoker, because fuck you.) If ranged heroes couldn't harass melee heroes, the melee heroes would always win the creepscore battle
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-03 at 11:32 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Thanks for the elaborate reply! Much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the elaborate reply! Much appreciated.
    Oh, forgot to mention: be careful around Dirge in the lane. His primary attack is Decay, which does a little bit of damage and steals 4 Strength (76 HP) from you. Your HP bar will stay pretty much the same since your percent health isn't changing much, but your total health is. Dirge also gains damage from stealing your STR since he's a STR hero, and if you aren't careful you'll have 300 HP and he'll punch you to death with a couple of hits

Thank god.

Harass free lane is impossible for melees and there is no pattern how you should lane with a melee but here is few tips I can give you.

- Stay out of harass range and try to last hit creeps a little earlier than optimum hp because movement will take some time(assuming you're staying out of harras range)
    - Most of players do not spend their mana for first few levels, you can use spells for farming/harassing. Staying on lane with full mana has no benefit. In pubs, most of the time there won't be a fight in lane before level 3 so by not spending your mana you're just wasting your regen. Mind you, I'm not talking about mindless spell spam. If you do that you will be out of mana when you need it.
    - Some melees are good laners such as PA. You can use her dagger to farm effectively without getting much harras and she has blur which increases enemies' miss chance.
    - If you duo lane, playing aggressive in pubs always work. Also if enemy is stupid enough to stay near when they have 1 creep alive with low hp, stun him if you can. By doing this, your creeps will also do good damage(after killing enemy creep) to enemy hero. I do this all the time and I can't remember the number of FB's I got but this is applicable for bad players tho I see this mistake a lot.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-03 at 11:45 AM.

Just note that if you are new and you can manage to lane as a melee vs bots you will be fine in matchmaking. Unfair bots have pretty much perfect harass / denies and is much better than the players you will face in the start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Just note that if you are new and you can manage to lane as a melee vs bots you will be fine in matchmaking. Unfair bots have pretty much perfect harass / denies and is much better than the players you will face in the start.
    Unfair bots are actually comparable to players in high/very high skill bracket in last hitting and sometimes they are even better from my experience (I play against that setting every time I test new heroes)

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm not sure why they don't take action on heroes that are consistently appearing as first round picks or bans in nearly every game, though; Lycan, Dark Seer, Nature's Prophet. You could probably also make convincing cases for Chen, Enchantress, and Invoker. It seems to me that if these heroes are appearing consistently in almost every game, regardless of what the teams were playing as (gank-heavy, push-heavy, farm-heavy, etc), then it should be indicative of balance problems that need to be addressed.
    How long have you followed the professional scene? Were you complaining about Spectre when she was in 99% of drafts/bans? These things change. Should Valve "take action" against Kunkka and Shadow Demon, because they've swung into the recent common picks? After all, a SD/Kunkka dual lane mid absolutely shits all over whatever they face. You need to keep in mind that balance in DotA has always been to counter broken with more broken.

Well, I doubt they're gonna take any action until all the heroes are in, and there won't be any heroes being added until after The International 2 this month, so I guess we'll get used to seeing Furion, Lycan, and Dark Seer in every single game, and Invoker in most. You can pretty much skip the drafting phase and know those three are either picked or banned somewhere :P
    They have taken action already, they applied fixes from 6.73 and 6.74. SyndereN (from mTw) said he had "a funny feeling" that "every hero is going to be picked in TI2". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBLuxKJNon0#t=11m24s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    How long have you followed the professional scene? Were you complaining about Spectre when she was in 99% of drafts/bans? These things change. Should Valve "take action" against Kunkka and Shadow Demon, because they've swung into the recent common picks? After all, a SD/Kunkka dual lane mid absolutely shits all over whatever they face. You need to keep in mind that balance in DotA has always been to counter broken with more broken.
    That's a pretty fuckin shitty way to run a railroad. Sure, the trains get there, but they get there late and ruin the tracks in the process. I'm looking forward to seeing more variety, but I don't like what they were saying - that we're gonna see more heroes because there won't be enough bans to get rid of all of the top-tier heroes. That sounds like an excuse - who cares about balancing, you can just ban this broken hero!

And why the fuck isn't South America just restricted to their own little private hell? I had two games in a row fucking ruined by one variety of SA or another and it's getting really fucking old. We had a Mirana that was going "gank" all game and didn't lane, so their solo ogre mage up top got his arcane boots at like 4:45. Axe was jungling and I was playing Wisp with Leoric bot, and our Lich was taking solo mid.

Mirana did nothing but feed the entire game, and had at least as many deaths as I did as Wisp, but I had more kills than she did and almost as many assists. Hell, she only got assists at all because her MO was to leap in, starfall once, and then die. Lich then went afk and called me "fuck noob" every 2 mins because I said he was a fucking idiot for getting Mek when there was a Wisp in the game, after I had my buckler before he even finished his rushed scepter - once again, garbage fucking players that don't fucking pay attention or think (not sure if people from that particular area of Earth are even capable of thought from what I've been seeing), they just buy whatever's on the recommended items list. It pisses me the fuck off because I think if Mirana had just not even finished loading into the game, and Lich wasn't being a massive fucking twat, we could've won, and won pretty easily. But Wisp+Axe+Leoric can't win a 3v5, not when their ogre mage had a huge gold advantage basically all game (he'd basically unload on me and I'd die instantly), and we couldn't effectively push because they had a numbers advantage. They also had Syllabear, so the game dragging out was in their favor, and eventually they'd just push in with a 4k HP syllabear with mjollnir+aegis+cheese and basically sit back and watch as Sylla just soloed our entire team and then proceeded to eat four towers.

Next game, I load in and three of my four teammates are chattering away in Portuguese. The fifth teammate was an Aussie. Before the game had even gone five minutes, we had a Disruptor who took solo mid and refused to move to let our NS get the XP advantage he'd need. I went mid with Disruptor to leave NS a solo top (he won't get any farm but at least he can get some XP, right?) and NS feeds first blood about 8 seconds later. Disruptor then feeds Huskar a free kill because he's a fucking idiot and thinks a huskar with 20% HP with almost two full levels of XP advantage is an easy kill, and blames me for not healing him (I was about 2.5 fucking screens away.) Huskar gets lvl 6 from this, kills me (didn't see the lvl 6 pop, so it was my fault entirely), and then here comes our ES. Huskar's on the downward side of the ramp, ES fissures him and drops him to like 15 HP. ES runs in to finish him off... but he can't touch him because of the fissure. ES is taking hits from the tower the whole time, and Huskar kills him for a free triple kill. This is all taking place at like... 3 minutes.

Seriously. They made a fucking server farm in Brazil, why the fuck aren't they all required to play there and only there? I don't mind bad players so much as I mind BRs that are not only bad at the game, but also don't speak English (so you can't even TRY to help them learn the game), and also act like they know what they're doing and do nothing but spam insults if you try to explain why running into a 1v5 is a bad idea even if you DO get a kill from it.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-03 at 03:17 PM.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty fuckin shitty way to run a railroad. Sure, the trains get there, but they get there late and ruin the tracks in the process. I'm looking forward to seeing more variety, but I don't like what they were saying - that we're gonna see more heroes because there won't be enough bans to get rid of all of the top-tier heroes. That sounds like an excuse - who cares about balancing, you can just ban this broken hero!
    Sounds about right. If you think a hero is too good, or if it counters what you're trying to do with your lineup, you're given the choice to ban it out of the pool. With a hero pool of 108 (90? in dota2), of course you cannot ban the majority. You're faced with a choice - either you play the heroes you consider broken, or you hope your opponent do not play them. If you think that's "a pretty fuckin shitty" way to balance the game, you don't have to play it.

Tell me, if Lycan/Furion/Lanaya/Dark Seer/whatever else you consider broken are truly overpowered, should they not have a convincingly high win rate? At what level would you balance the game? The fact of the matter is that these heroes do not guarantee your win. In a long enough perspective, all heroes circle in on 50% win rate.

Natures Prophet has been drafted a total of 507 times in professional games (and banned 373 times) since The International. His win rate is 55%. This, on paper, makes him a really solid pick. Although - in actuality there's plenty of heroes with a similar win percentage: Kunkka (picked 34 times, 59% win), Lycan (picked 101 times, 58% win), Beastmaster (picked 422 times, 57% win), Dark Seer (picked 317 times, 56% win), Mirana (picked 309 times, 56% win), Night Stalker (picked 300 times, 55% win), Shadow Shaman (picked 361 times, 55% win), Anti Mage (picked 266 times, 54% win). Are these heroes all broken to the point where they turn games? I believe you are exaggerating by a lot when you say a hero is overpowered.

And why the fuck isn't South America just restricted to their own little private hell? I had two games in a row fucking ruined by one variety of SA or another and it's getting really fucking old.

*long stories*
    Sounds like you're stuck in the molten core bracket. I personally queue on Russian, European and USE servers. The occasional disruptor that will not speak in English is scarce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    Natures Prophet has been drafted a total of 507 times in professional games (and banned 373 times) since The International. His win rate is 55%. This, on paper, makes him a really solid pick. Although - in actuality there's plenty of heroes with a similar win percentage: Kunkka (picked 34 times, 59% win), Lycan (picked 101 times, 58% win), Beastmaster (picked 422 times, 57% win), Dark Seer (picked 317 times, 56% win), Mirana (picked 309 times, 56% win), Night Stalker (picked 300 times, 55% win), Shadow Shaman (picked 361 times, 55% win), Anti Mage (picked 266 times, 54% win). Are these heroes all broken to the point where they turn games? I believe you are exaggerating by a lot when you say a hero is overpowered.
    And how many times did those other heroes - barring Dark Seer, who is just as bad as Furion once he finishes scepter - win because they had a Furion on their team, basically doing the job of five heroes at once and with the farm to boot? How the fuck can you consider Furion balanced when he's amazing at every single role and bad at none of them? He can be a carry, he can be a pusher, he can be played as support, and he can do this because of how amazingly high his mobility is combined with how incredibly good he is at farming. Furion isn't a one-off pick like Beastmaster or Enigma or Tidehunter, a hero you pick for a single skill (their ultimates) and don't care about the rest. His ultimate is good, Sprout is good, Nature's Call is good, and Teleport is just plain insane.

How many games did the opposing team lose where the other team had a Furion? How many games have there been where the team's Furion wasn't the reason they won that game? I just watched CLG shit all over Mouz in a game because of how fucking insane Furion is. Singsing was left alone virtually the entire game to farm to his heart's content with Mirana and CLG's Furion still blew him completely out of the water in gold per minute because Furion can farm pretty much the entire map at will, it's fucking stupid and it needs to be fucking gone from the game because it's a bad fucking influence.

What's wrong with balancing the game around heroes that aren't godawfully overpowered? Why can't the Furions, the Lycans, the Dark Seers be considered outliers in need of adjustment, rather than going "oh well every hero should eventually be as broken as those three."

Sounds like you're stuck in the molten core bracket. I personally queue on Russian, European and USE servers. The occasional disruptor that will not speak in English is scarce.
    Dunno, I get good games occasionally but the vast majority of games I end up waiting for 5 minutes for the queue and then get stuck with a bunch of foreign players even though I queue only on USE and USW. Considering the vast majority of people playing DotA (and all games, really) are fucking terrible at them, I don't really think I'd have a 5 minute queue if my MMR said I was in the shit tier bracket, but since there's no way to check my MMR... meh.

All I know is that for every six or seven games I play, maybe one or two of them is a game where both my team and their team are competent, and it's one of the best experiences in gaming, like SC2 was before Blizzard decided Protoss should win because they picked Protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    There are no Tank's in LoL (Assuming you are talking about LoL since you post in that LoL thread I made like once a week). They are initiators, just like in DotA2. Initiating in DotA2 can be much easier than in LoL, honestly.

DotA2 is still largely influenced by what goes on at top level play. It's true for any game. Hell, LoL is balanced and designed for all level play. If something is too strong in low level play, Riot will nerf it. DotA2 you could argue doesn't give a shit about low level play and focuses on what these "top players" do. Pubstompers like Ursa are allowed to exist because at those "pro-levels" they are not strong picks. Thus, they are left to ravage lower level games. It is easy to argue the game is much more focused and designed for these "top level players" than you or I.

The major difference is that in LoL the "Pre-Determined" (Meta, Item Builds, etc) are mathematically proven. The Meta is what it is because it is what is most gold-efficient and sensible. The item builds are because those items give the best Gold-Per Stat. Unlike in DotA, where items have effects and actives that are very difficult to place a cost on, LoL pretty every stat can be broken down in gold costs. DotA2 items get less gold efficient the higher tier you go, while in LoL it's opposite. You can't blame players for building these, and the excuse "a pro does it" is pretty stupid.

No need to throw LoL under the bus just because you're starting a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I agree with the OP.

After turning 30 a few days ago and playing the game following the "meta", it has already started to become stale and boring. To the point that I don't feel like logging in anymore and continue the "grind".

Everything is predetermined in LoL. From summer spells to lane setups to champion setup to champion builds. You can't break any of these cause it will put you into a disadvantage. The game flow is very similar in every game as well. If you know the junglers well, you will know at what level they will first try to gank you (Ali at 2, Skarner at 3) and from there on wards you can ward the map. Have a control on dragon. You can even know when the mid will try to gank you with some experience on your hand.

One thing that bothers me the most is that if you are 10 kills behind and loose out on dragon, the game is pretty much over for your team unless the enemy team is attacking in bits and pieces and everyone is running across the jungle without being careful, aka over-confident. You cannot make a comeback through any strategy. Yes, you can go Baron, but the an organised enemy team is not stupid to let that happen and they will Baron before you do anyways, meaning more advantage to them. And even if you have Baron, it doesn't mean they will become a push over. In most LoL games you can determine if you will win or not in the first 10 mins, if not, then around 20 mins you will be certain. Meaning anything beyond that is simply a waste of time. There are exceptions to this ofc, when you meet a team that matches the skills to that of your team.

About 50% of the games I have played, my team or the enemy team surrendered at 20 cause it was no point continuing. These are the games I'm most frustrated about. They are not fun to me. I wasted 20 mins for nothing. Sure I got a win, but it's hollow to me. It just gives some people bragging rights at how they owned some "noobs", I don't find it fun cause I want COMPETITIVE PvP. I can faceroll so many other games, including PvP, if I wanted to brag. About 40% games have been where I knew whether we will loose or win within the first 15 mins but carried on playing because some people refused to surrender (including me sometimes), in case the enemy team become over-confident and mess up their team play. Hardly happened though. Maybe one or two matches from what I can remember. And there have been about only 10% games where I had no idea until the 30-35 min mark whether we will win or loose and tbh those are the most memorable games I have played and I can pretty much count them on my fingers. All this is an estimate from about 200 PvP games that I have played till now.

LoL is a grind for me atm in terms of gameplay and IP itself. The grind for runes is also major turnoff cause even though I'm level 30, I'm not really level 30 as I don't have runes for specific roles. The runes needed for specific roles is worth about 55k IP in total (AD/AP/Jungler/Support) and this is not counting specific runes required for champions like Ryze/Akali. I'm not going to QQ about buying Runes Pages for IP as I would buy them for real money, which I don't mind at all, the game is free and Riot deserves money from me for playing their game. I don't mind grinding IP for champion either, but if you place the price of runes for a champion they become extremely expensive. A champion like Ryze is not 450 IP rather 15450 IP. This is the reason why I simply put off buying Akali. I simply cannot waste my IP on new champions when I cannot play my current champions to max potential.

I have to hold on playing the game competitively for another 4 months atleast cause I lack IP and good champions set along with runes. It took me 2 months to get 35k IP.

The IP part doesn't belong in this thread but It's something I needed to get off my chest.

What I want is that, not everything should be determined before the game has started. You should make decisions during the game and have a strategy and a plan B if the previous strategy didn't work out. Right now the game is extremely straight forward in terms of game play and that's not how a PvP game should be.

Lets take summer spells, they can be made to choose during the game rather then start of the game to add variety to gameplay. Right now some summoner spells are the "best" because they are better to pick in case of uncertainty then other spells. When you are unsure about 2 options, you will definitely pick one which you think will bring overall better success in the future, but if you had the make a choice right at that moment, your pick might be different.

For eg. you pick a carry and you are a little behind in terms of gold and you lost your tower. In this case picking the Promote spells start to sound really good cause it will give you the extra pushing needed and the extra gold which you are lacking. This spell will bring you overall better success then lets say, Ignite or Heal, cause you don't really need Ignite to damage as carry or Heal because you will get your BT and you have your Support with you. Riot can add a lot more summer spells to choose during the game which will overall make the game more interesting and have more "turning points" and counter strategy during a game. Like a tier of summer spells which unlock as you level up kinda like in Generals and other RTS games. This is ofc, just an example.

They can also make the items have more active effects. More situation depending items then just dmg/hp increases.

Make the game have more buffs then just red/blue/baron(at 20 mins into the game). I was watching some Smite videos, the new 3rd person ARTS, and it had four buffs in it, speed, health regen, mana/energy regen, dmg increase (maybe it has more, I don't know). There were a few games where a player behind in level and gear took all the four buffs, was able to compete and the game turned around because of that.

I'm not saying that my ideas are the best or anything and should be implemented. They are just some ideas I can think of right now.

The Meta in LoL should be less rigid and the game should have more strategies to play with, cause right now, it's very boring for many people and people are simply playing the game cause it's a free PvP game.

But they can change it. Not right now ofc, but in the future. Less rigid meta makes the game more interesting and more competitive. Having a meta is not a good thing for game in the long term. They can change the meta for season 3, but then it will be the same thing for another year. Then they have to change the meta again. People will get fed up and leave if they don't do that.

This design has major flaws cause it promotes Riot to make champions suitable for the current meta. It has absolutely no guarantee that those champions (and older ones) will be viable in the new meta, see Fiddlesticks.

By making a game which has many "metas", they open up many possible champion designs, they don't have to the change their meta for many years, champions don't become "outdated", players have many things to work on, games aren't lost in the first few mins, and players will keep discovering new metas throughout the length of the game which will automatically increase it's life.
    This is what I posted long long before I even gave Dota 2 a thought, in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-for-me/page3.

I'm not throwing anything under the bus because I'm trying a new game. I still play LoL almost everyday. Have played only TWO GAMES of Dota 2. Not even sure I like it. The graphics and AA animation are a turn off for me atm. But I do like that the game is far more flexible and situation dependent.

Everything is predetermined in LoL, you cannot deny it, and most match wins depend on having one idiot less then the enemy team. This has been the case of almost every game in the past two weeks. Having played only one competitive game in about 20 over the past week is not fun.

The entire "team with most gold" wins is a very poor system.

And don't even get me started on rune page. LoL is not a buy to win game, but it's a buy to proceed game. I can't play two roles because the total amount of rune pages I can get for "free" are 3. I have to leave the select screen if I can't play the three roles rune page I have and no one is willing to give up the roles. Tbh, I am pretty sure a lot of people are going through the same experience as I am so I don't blame them. Yesterday I had to leave two games in a row cause in first I was asked to jungle, which no one else could. I have Mundo but didn't have the runes setup for jungle so I had to leave the screen. Second game, same thing with solo top. This way I simply wasted 20 mins. And with time being so short, it's a major waste of time.

Now you can ask to go double top in this situation. The fact is, you miss out on ALOT. Having a jungler in oppose to two people top, effects the game alot. You loose out on farm and experience and end being behind the enemy solo top and the jungle is going on about in every lane changing the momentum in his teams favor.

LoL is VERY RIGID and it's not something that I'm particularly enjoying coupled with the fact of rune pages, the noncompetitive gameplay in most games, and the horrible horrible community.

This doesn't mean I will love Dota 2. I might play Dota 2, I might play LoL. I might play both or even leave both. Nothing is set in stone for me. If I don't like somethings in Dota 2, you will see talking about those things just like I am talking about the things I don't in LoL, just like I don't like LFR in WoW, even though I love the game, just like I didn't enjoy Cata when I enjoyed WotLK and TBC alot and didn't play any other game during that time.

I am not biased or a hater, if I don't like certain things in a game, I will show my opinion on them, but it doesn't mean I hate the game. I don't hate LoL, I enjoy it from time to time, even though it's becoming rare.
    Last edited by Waterisbest; 2012-08-03 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

I'd just like to jump in and say WR is not a great hero. She can sit back and snipe last hits with her powershot in a 1v2 lane, sure, but even 1v1 so many heroes can push her out of lane. All you have to do is send a hero like Leshrac to solo her and she's done. Even better, send a hard carry to solo her who can still push her around, PL/SF/SA/AM/etc.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR win her lane. At best, she just doesn't horribly lose it like a solo SB would. In the "pro scene" maybe it's different, but for us casuals, people really need to give her a break, she's not that great. If you can't land epic shackles in team fights that stun two people you're a wasted pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me what your champions rating is based on?
    It's definatly not win/loss. Perfect example = Me. They're my 2 top rated characters, see the glorious amounts of games I win with them >.<

No idea what it's based on

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'd just like to jump in and say WR is not a great hero. She can sit back and snipe last hits with her powershot in a 1v2 lane, sure, but even 1v1 so many heroes can push her out of lane. All you have to do is send a hero like Leshrac to solo her and she's done. Even better, send a hard carry to solo her who can still push her around, PL/SF/SA/AM/etc.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR win her lane. At best, she just doesn't horribly lose it like a solo SB would. In the "pro scene" maybe it's different, but for us casuals, people really need to give her a break, she's not that great. If you can't land epic shackles in team fights that stun two people you're a wasted pick.
    I don't think she's that good either. Her ulti is kinda pointless, it can sorta kill towers fast once it's a decent level but there are other heroes who do it so much better and don't have to stand in one spot unable to do anything else but their ulti to maintain the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Chen and DS and furion are the same, in my opinion. Safe junglers will always be favorite picks, same with safe long lanes (windrunner). It's Invoker they should take a look at, there should not be SUCH a favorite solo mid =p
    Don't hurt my Invoker please >.> I'm still of the opinion that Quas/Wex is a much better build than Exort/Other. It's been argued to me that Exort openers are better farming but I don't really see the point when Invoker isn't a hard carry and Tornado/EMP > Cold Snap is such a powerful initiator
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-08-03 at 08:57 PM.