Get BKB if you need it, this goes for any hero in any game. Being able to ignore spells is absurdly powerful, it just depends on who you're against.

Deleted

Come on, Valve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

Come on, Valve.
    >US servers
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-08-24 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

Come on, Valve.
    Low priority, maybe?
    Has anyone reported you...a lot?

It would say in the s/s if it was low priority.

15+ Year Old Account
    picture looks photoshopped. the 5 and 4 don't line up properly
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    picture looks photoshopped. the 5 and 4 don't line up properly
    How, exactly?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, Lysah. I'll give it a try next time I play him. Might flat out pick him tonight, but I've always liked Lothar's more than blink unless its a hero like Sand King or Tide (travel time must be instant, and cheaper item).

Lane top with brood/visage against rhasta/ursa/furion. Both of us are 0-3 by level 4, about to just flat out rage quit for the first time in 950 games.

Stick in there for whatever reason, suddenly beyond godlike and destroying rax. Still not entirely sure what happened, but Ursa did some stupid tower dive suicides and rhasta wasted his early game gold advantage on blink. Exhibit A for why blink is a horribad item. 2150g and what did he get out of it? I attack him under web and he can't use it to get away. He still only has 700 health so three auto attacks + spawn spiders and he's dead. He can't use it to initiate because he's rhasta and just gets stomped on because, as previously stated, he has 700 health.

Rubick also somehow lost to a drunk slardar mid, I think, it took him 25 minutes to finish force staff somehow.

Deleted
    I quit playing on the EU servers completely when I play with 4 randoms, it's just THAT much more enjoyable when playing on USE and people actually communicate. The only downside is the effin latency that can be upwards to 150ms. However seeing actual ENGLISH being spoken it's manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lane top with brood/visage against rhasta/ursa/furion. Both of us are 0-3 by level 4, about to just flat out rage quit for the first time in 950 games.

Stick in there for whatever reason, suddenly beyond godlike and destroying rax. Still not entirely sure what happened, but Ursa did some stupid tower dive suicides and rhasta wasted his early game gold advantage on blink. Exhibit A for why blink is a horribad item. 2150g and what did he get out of it? I attack him under web and he can't use it to get away. He still only has 700 health so three auto attacks + spawn spiders and he's dead. He can't use it to initiate because he's rhasta and just gets stomped on because, as previously stated, he has 700 health.

Rubick also somehow lost to a drunk slardar mid, I think, it took him 25 minutes to finish force staff somehow.
    Think that's less of a "Blink is a bad item" and more of a "Player is stupid" example.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for AA, atos > euls
    Cyclone and your cold feet does zero damage. Atos accomplishes the same thing but they still lose 400 health in the process and are attackable the entire time. Atos also gives you health.
    Cold Feet's damage is pretty negligible - 300 damage over 4 sec before MR comes into play. Haven't paid enough attention to find out if W reduces MR to 18.75% (which would be 25 * 0.75) or 0% (which would be 25 - 25), but even if it reduces it to 0, it's still only 300 damage. I'm pretty sure your team will do a lot more damage than 300 to them while they're stunned for 3.5 sec

Main problem with Atos is that it's pretty expensive if you aren't getting a good amount of assists or opportunities to get some farm. It's only like 600 more than Eul's, but Eul's is also only about 600 more than Force Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Think that's less of a "Blink is a bad item" and more of a "Player is stupid" example.
    Dendi goes blink first all the time, but... well, he's Dendi.

Only had time for two games yesterday and both of them were complete curbstomps. It's nice to be on the winning team for once but... ugh, wtb even games :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Big problem I have with eul's AA is that the cyclone prevents you from doing anything to them while they're in the air. For the same reason it gives your team time to catch up if you get caught and use it on yourself, it gives their team time to catch up if you get a pick on them.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-25 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big problem I have with eul's AA is that the cyclone prevents you from doing anything to them while they're in the air. For the same reason it gives your team time to catch up if you get caught and use it on yourself, it gives their team time to catch up if you get a pick on them.
    Yeah, that's true, but saying you shouldn't get Eul's for that reason is a bit like saying you shouldn't get Astral Imprisonment on OD because you could imprison someone and give their team time to catch up.

The assumption is that you only use the cyclone to secure a CF proc when you can't get it any other way, like if you're solo or with someone that doesn't have a disable to chain with CF. If you're ganking as a team and you didn't do something retarded like pick 4 hard carries, you should always have another disable of some kind to ensure the CF procs.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming this is true (5:38), the order in which the final few heroes will be implemented in Dota 2 is as follows:

Meepo - Magnataur - Medusa - Centaur - Troll Warlord - Slark - Skywrath Mage - Tuskarr - Goblin Shredder - Bristleback - Pit Lord - Ember Spirit - Terrorblade - Chieftain - Phoenix - Techies - Legion Commander - Abaddon
    I'm not terribly pleased. Abaddon was one of my favorite heroes, and he's dead last. Even Techies will be implemented before him. That's a slap in the face if I ever saw (or felt) one.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-08-25 at 10:44 AM.

Eul's is awesome for the move speed and regen on a lot of utility/support heroes. The biggest reason we don't see much of it in comp play is there are just far more important items for low farm heroes to get, like mek, force staff, pipe. It fits really well into pub play though, way better than people realize. It's a more selfish item than force staff though imo (on people who actually use force staff correctly)
    Last edited by hailey; 2012-08-25 at 12:55 PM.

BB TC LC LOA Phoenix all showing up last on the list. Why does Valve hate strength heroes so much ._.

TI2 starts tomorrow. It's gonna be awesome!

with mufc's problems in getting their full roster to seattle unable to be resolved in time, valve have abruptly announced a last-minute change to the plans for the international line-up. Mousesports and world elite - the two standby teams who are both already in seattle - will fight each other to replace mufc as the final team in the full competition.
    !!
    Go mouz

Can't wait, 2 more hours!!