10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    -some random making a thorough ass out of himself-
    VS is not ideal as a carry, but she can fill the role adequately. I wouldn't select her as the only carry for a team but she performs just fine as a semi-carry and can be a hard carry even if she's not ideal for it.

She gets a free +36% damage aura, she has an armor pierce skill with greater than 100% uptime, and one of the better stuns in the game. Her ultimate can be used as initiation, escape, and anything in between. She can fill the role of carry just fine; how many hard carries have a spammable stormbolt or an aura that boost their entire team's damage?

This is the entire point - no one's saying VS is a better carry than Anti-Mage or Morphling, just that she can be played as a carry and is effective as one. You might want to dial the attitude back next time if you want your stay here to be a happy one.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I understand the meta game very well. Better than you, I would risk in saying. I believe you have a lack of understanding in the game itself. Or to paraphrase Dendi's words, meta-game is a term used by lazy people who prefer to copy others than think for themselves.
    Torn between how much I agree and how much I dislike the fanboyism =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    To be fair, the pros know their shit. You said yourself your issue isn't with the pros but with their fanclubs.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    To be fair, the pros know their shit. You said yourself your issue isn't with the pros but with their fanclubs.
    Yeah I'm just giving him a hard time.

Not actually fanboyism this time, I'm not really a fan of Dendi even he is one reason Na´Vi are fun to follow. It was more of a matter of making a good argument to the poster above, as he seemed obsessed with his idea of "meta-game" and tournament-level play. I could have argued on the basis that I've played probably 200-250 games on Vengeful Spirit (and Andromeda) in Dota, Hon and Dota 2 combined but because he had already stated that pub trash games dont count etc etc I figured drawing examples from the pro scene would make a better argument.

Besides, it's not a bad statement, although a bit crude. People tend to forget the meta-game shifts even without new maps and become obsessed with the current one to the point they forget there were different strategies that worked in the past and there will eventually be new strategies in the future. I get the feeling that when new maps are released, not even half the change in the "meta" and drafting trends is because a hero or strategy gets buffed or nerfed to the point where everyone agrees that they're OP or UP, but because the new maps encourage players to try new things. And teams that try new things seem to often end up being successful and later on mimiced, and then people will call whatever is born in the aftermath "the new meta."

I remember Tiny being picked as much as Invoker is now and Wolf and AM being considered garbage picks. Some of the popular strategies of DotA1 would probably amaze/confuse a lot of people. And not much has really changed.

I had played dota casually back in w3 days. I've been playing LoL for one year now, still at the same casual level. I tried Dota 2 beta a few weeks ago and didn't like it and the reason is the interface. It's too complex to my liking. It simply put me off so i couldn't spend much time with the game. I also didn't like base designs either.

I'm playing ARAM only in LoL, like 2 games max per day and that's it. Don't have much time for these games but considering it won't be f2p (unless they change their minds like they did with tf2) i don't see myself involving in dota 2.

DotA2 will be f2p when it ever releases. Shouldn't honestly be too long now, they already updated the game to reflect the beta DotA changes and just need to add the remaining heroes.

DotA2 will be f2p when it ever releases. Shouldn't honestly be too long now, they already updated the game to reflect the beta DotA changes and just need to add the remaining heroes.
    I'm pretty sure they will want to add tutorials and maybe their coaching-mode things before they launch it. Which again, might not be that far as recent data mining has proven some parts of the tutorials are already in the game files.

Oh I keep forgetting about that. They also have a ton of game modes to add if they want it to truly be like DotA....I would really like to see a non-ranked league similar to the way LoL does things. It would certainly help with playing with low/nonskilled friends.

Still, as much as I complained about their update speed in the past, they have proven recently that they can push new content very quickly when they focus on it. Another few months, at worst, is my guess. Let's not forget that they can "release" the game before it's done. My thoughts are, finish all of the heroes, release the game to the mass public, integrate in other systems such as tutorials/mentoring/game modes over time.

Valve has said that the main reason they have not released the game yet is because they dont have their desired server infrastucture up yet. My guess is that they are working on that now since TI2 is done and we will see a release pretty soon when all servers are up.

So I read they added Magnus to DotA2 in last patch, is that correct? I always loved him in DotA, or alteast after the latest chages to him (cleave from passive to castable active etc), how does he look like now? Good? Bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    So I read they added Magnus to DotA2 in last patch, is that correct? I always loved him in DotA, or alteast after the latest chages to him (cleave from passive to castable active etc), how does he look like now? Good? Bad?
    I've seen a lot of bad players feeding with him but his skillset is extremely strong.

magnus + enigma rush dagger on both = https://dotabuff.com/matches/47112843
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-10-08 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    Oh I keep forgetting about that. They also have a ton of game modes to add if they want it to truly be like DotA....I would really like to see a non-ranked league similar to the way LoL does things. It would certainly help with playing with low/nonskilled friends.
    I think/hope that custom games will be the same as in wc3. I also would like to see all the mods from dota also things like LOD dota and such, the current matchmaking system to me forces you that FUN=WINNING which wasn't really present in dota at least on the pub levels.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lot of fun with Magnus BEFORE they rolled his cleave and Overpower into the same skill. Now, early game, with a double nuke he's pretty nasty. Blink daggering into their team and charging 2-3 of them back into yours and ulting I would argue is on par with a Tide ult, but better imo. The stun is longer, and as long as it hits 2-3 of them with a strong initiate, you're going to win the team fight barring something like a smart Void hanging way back so he can leap in and Chrono.
    Also, he just makes any melee carry you have smash face, and I usually build him semi-carry after the dagger, getting a Buriza then Satanic if you can get the money, at least the crit and Helm of the Dominator.
    I've always liked that hero, and back in DotA1 had like a 100 minute game with him where the other team had gotten mega creeps but I was so farmed with Magnus that my crit cleaves were almost one-shotting entire waves with an Assault Cur and all. Fun hero, and his initiate power is amazing. Exactly what I wanted them to put into DotA2, it was a little frustrating that Tide and SandK were the only really amazing strength initiates they had put in the game.

I find it really annoying that they saved all the STR heroes for last. I'm still waiting on my favorites, like TC or BB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does Puck fall off towards the later game? His spells do little damage compared to a lot of other heroes and Dream Coil just feels like it's overall worse than, say, Ravage nine times out of ten. 500 damage with scepter boost (and ONLY if they break the coil) compared to 450 right up front, and the stun isn't really much longer than Ravage's (3.5 total stun time compared to about 3.2.)

Because his spells do so little damage and have semi-long cooldowns he's not amazing at pushing or counterpushing. Seems like the only thing he's good at in the later phases of the game is just staying alive.

You found a spell that is inferior to Ravage? I'll alert the press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You found a spell that is inferior to Ravage? I'll alert the press.
    You're always reliable for useful feedback and discussion.