1. #3641
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    DotA is not an action per minute game, that's for sure but skill isn't determining factor? You are spoiled hard. I suggest you to consider the bullshit you are saying because in a professional game, both side is equally experienced. Especially in DotA 2 because the game is new and there is not years of experience between professional players.

    Sometimes you win the lane in a pro game or in pub just because your timing is better than your opponent. The sum of these abilities called skill. According to you, the difference between you and a pro player is experience and game knowledge "in a lot of things". Right...
    That'd be the largest and most important part, yes. The difference between a professional player and me in a game like SC2 includes experience, but also a whole hell of a lot of raw APM, or skill. I'm not even close as good as IdrA (who's a pretty low-tier pro player) and I'm not sure I'd ever be able to play at MarineKing's level.

    I don't see that in Dota. The vast majority of difference between my play and a pro player's play is experience. Maybe on a hero like Invoker or Meepo or Visage, a hero that requires good APM, I'd be very outclassed, but on most other heroes? The difference would be fairly minor compared to the difference in experience, and that difference in experience would be the biggest reason I'd get completely trashed against them.

    Most games? You got a statistic? How do you determine if a game won by decisions or outpicking an opponent or outskilling? Just bunch of bullcrap as arguments.

    pro tip for you: You can change the fucking lanes during game. Predicting the lane means nothing.
    Almost guarantees your lane an XP/gold advantage, depending on whether or not they buy a TP or run to the lane they need to be in. If it's a solo lane you can often be level 2 before they finish switching lanes, meaning you're against level 1's - that's huge.

    Maybe it's because their opponent is nearly as skilled as Dendi, that is why he can't make his show all the time?
    It's more because those twitch reactions are usually only going to take place during the laning and early ganking/pushing phases. Once it moves into teamfights, those twitch reactions are considerably less important for most of the heroes I've seen him play.

    I don't think commentators in any e-sport or sports are the authorities when it comes to whatever game they are commenting on. They just comment on game, this does not mean they are better than anyone or know more than anyone who's interested in that sport.
    Day9 is widely considered one of the absolute best commentators for SC2 and yet while he's good, he's nowhere near the level of the Code S or even Code A players he's often analyzing.

    According to you John Champion(a british football commentator) is one of the best football players in the world, well because he's a commentator...Right brah
    Reading comprehension, brah. John Champion is not necessarily a good player, but he's extremely knowledgeable about the game.

    Dota is pure skillbased game. In low MMR ratings, knowledge may be the winning factor but at high MMR and professional games skill and strategy is deciding the winner.
    Strategy is not skill. Actual skill is a fairly minor difference between teams - the biggest difference is in finding ways to out-think the enemy team and play accordingly... which is based on experience and general knowledge of the game. Not skill.

    How about team fights? Where you can not go back to base? What you gonna do after shotgunning some1 with 1k hp? Str back? That takes time.
    At worst it's a 4v4 and they're missing a support. What happens if you lose your Chen or your Enigma or some other squishy support to Morphling's combo? You're going to have a difficult time holding off that 4v4, and it'll be a matter of seconds before Morphling's recharged and back in the fight, at which point it becomes a straight up 4v5.

    Sorry but I'm not buying "the most hard part of dota is learning" crap. Dota is nothing absolutely nothing in terms of amount of information a human can learn.
    Far and away, the most difficult part about learning Dota, and the part that makes it so hard for newbies to learn, is the sheer volume of information that has to be memorized to play even at a very low level. If you want to play at a higher level, it requires even MORE information to be memorized.

    Dota is a very, very simple game from a gameplay perspective - the depth of the game and why it's successful as an eSport is due to the sheer number of permutations and alternatives you can find in a single game. Compare this to League of Legends, which has only slightly simpler gameplay, but MUCH much simpler knowledge requirements (or, the "metagame.")
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  2. #3642
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Almost guarantees your lane an XP/gold advantage, depending on whether or not they buy a TP or run to the lane they need to be in. If it's a solo lane you can often be level 2 before they finish switching lanes, meaning you're against level 1's - that's huge.
    That's minor as it can get.



    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Day9 is widely considered one of the absolute best commentators for SC2 and yet while he's good, he's nowhere near the level of the Code S or even Code A players he's often analyzing.
    That's what I'm saying playing != analyzing or observing and than making comments like a boss...It may be case for SC2 because that game is heavily APM oriented but DotA is not. Also DotA is far more complex to balance compared to a strategy game because you can measure efficiency in strategy games for each stat. You just need to determine how valuable damage, movement speed, etc. ALso you should stop comparing SC2 with DotA. It just doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Reading comprehension, brah. John Champion is not necessarily a good player, but he's extremely knowledgeable about the game.
    You disproved yourself yet again. Skill has nothing to do with being knowledgeable. You, indeed, lack skill for generating strong arguments. Sometimes you just disproof yourself...


    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Strategy is not skill. Actual skill is a fairly minor difference between teams - the biggest difference is in finding ways to out-think the enemy team and play accordingly... which is based on experience and general knowledge of the game. Not skill.
    Who said skill is strategy? Reading comprehension fail? Pizzajoke...

    Read that part, give yourself sometime, try to understand and then come back.

    Let me help you a bit. Here is the org. post:
    "skill and strategy is deciding the winner."

    it clearly says skill AND strategy.


    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    At worst it's a 4v4 and they're missing a support. What happens if you lose your Chen or your Enigma or some other squishy support to Morphling's combo? You're going to have a difficult time holding off that 4v4, and it'll be a matter of seconds before Morphling's recharged and back in the fight, at which point it becomes a straight up 4v5.
    4vs4: If morph does not jump there is a big possibility he will die with that low hp, if he jumps to base that means they are missing a support but you are missing your CARRY in team fight. Enjoy your team wipe. I'm not saying this will be always case. Sometimes you will just win games because of shotgun combo of morph but I think it's rare and morph was not close to OP.


    You answers are poor if not repeating previous post. You've been destroyed in last two pages yet you keep talking. Well I'm done on this.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-22 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #3643

  4. #3644
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    No one cares.
    I cares :0
    It's funzies watching them struggle to maintain a semblance of discuss

  5. #3645
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,882
    Does anyone else have free copies of DOTA 2 to give away? Valve gave me 3 and I am not sure what to do with them, all of my friends prefer LoL so I have no reason to keep the extras.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  6. #3646
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I cares :0
    It's funzies watching them struggle to maintain a semblance of discuss
    Yeah, I'm just adding him to my ignore list :-/

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Does anyone else have free copies of DOTA 2 to give away? Valve gave me 3 and I am not sure what to do with them, all of my friends prefer LoL so I have no reason to keep the extras.
    Yeah, Valve's been spamming people with extra keys. I imagine they're ramping up for an official release sometime early next year, and it's not like they stand to lose anything since the game will be F2P, anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  7. #3647
    I feel sorry for your need of publicly stating that you are putting me on ignore list. I bet you didn't do that

  8. #3648
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You may not take me seriously, but as hard as I may try I don't see your post being more credible than mine. Again you're just contradicting yourself by saying Chinese teams love safe play (which isn't as much true as it used to be any more, just look at iG) and they pick Morph because he is "risky" but also he has no risk? And again your arguments just boil into your opinions made into statements without any evidence ("chinese teams used him because he was op".)

    On top of that I don't think I ever saw anyone shift-queue Morphling combo, and Morph is only a steroid if you're comfortable Morphing yourself down to 1300 HP. Meanwhile you forget that AM has 1.35 second BAT, which is probably a better late-game steroid than the other two.

    The rest of your post is just hyperbolic rambling so I'll leave it at that. I tried to build and argument, I used rhetorics, you reply with "nah m8 hes just OP." Why even bash pizza if you can't do any better?
    You may think my post is hyperbolic rambling, to that I can only think that your morph play was terrible, that's the only sensible reason you would say that.

    And I didn't contradict myself, I clearly meant that AGGRESSIVE heroes are normally risky. So to simplify it for you, I said;
    AGGRESSIVE HERO=RISKY. MORPH=AGGRESSIVE. BUT HE IS SO GOOD/OP THAT EVEN WHILE BEING A AGRESSIVE CARRY, HE IS A SAFE CHOICE(CAN'T BE GANKED BUT NOT UNCOMMON TO SEE TONS OF KILLS EARLY), AKA TOO STRONK K?

    Then you talk about how chinese teams aren't playing so passively anymore..WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I am talking about TI2, you know.. almost three months ago? So what they are doing now is irrelevant.

    AM's BAT timer of 1.35 means nothing when you have half the agility of morph, and you are melee while probably having less HP even while morphling is completely agi morphed.

    Most pro's I have heard talk about morph considered him OP(Including Icefrog, otherwise he wouldn't have been nerfed l guess). Sure they could just say that for no reason(Maybe blaming their defeat on the hero maybe), but where is YOUR proof that he was not OP?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    4vs4: If morph does not jump there is a big possibility he will die with that low hp, if he jumps to base that means they are missing a support but you are missing your CARRY in team fight. Enjoy your team wipe. I'm not saying this will be always case. Sometimes you will just win games because of shotgun combo of morph but I think it's rare and morph was not close to OP.


    You answers are poor if not repeating previous post. You've been destroyed in last two pages yet you keep talking. Well I'm done on this.
    Worst argument in this thread.

    So according to you, a replicate was ONLY able to stand in well? So Morphling couldn't actually shotgun someone, then port back to his team? O.K.

    And if he can, then why make that argument about the 4v4 scenario? It's freaking false.
    Last edited by MasterOfInvocation; 2012-11-22 at 06:58 PM.

  9. #3649
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, I'm just adding him to my ignore list :-/

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:28 AM ----------



    Yeah, Valve's been spamming people with extra keys. I imagine they're ramping up for an official release sometime early next year, and it's not like they stand to lose anything since the game will be F2P, anyway.
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  10. #3650
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    You may think my post is hyperbolic rambling, to that I can only think that your morph play was terrible, that's the only sensible reason you would say that.

    And I didn't contradict myself, your reading comprehension is the shocking thing here. I said;
    AGGRESSIVE HERO=RISKY. MORPH=AGGRESSIVE. BUT HE IS SO GOOD THAT EVEN WHILE AGRESSIVE HE IS A SAFE CHOICE, TOO STRONK K?

    Then you talk about how chinese teams aren't playing so passively anymore..WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I am talking about TI2, you know.. almost months ago? So what they are doing now is irrelevant.

    AM's BAT timer of 1.35 means nothing when you have half the agility of morph, and you are melee while probably having less HP even while morphling is completely agi morphed.

    Most pro's I have heard talk about morph considered him OP(Including Icefrog, otherwise he wouldn't have been nerfed l guess). Sure they could just say that for no reason(Maybe blaming their defeat on the hero maybe), but where is YOUR proof that he was not OP?
    Nice, so you jump to more hyperbole, refuse to admit your errors and assume I'm bad. Cute. I thought your posts were rambling because you didn't seem either capable or willing of engaging coherent discussion on the matter, but if it bothers you I can let you in on the fact that I've only ever played Morphling on random and I was just fine, and my ability to play the hero has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter.

    My reading comprehension is also just fine, and what you had to emphasize in allcaps is something that was never in your original post. And when I was talking about the current playstyle of some Chinese teams, I was actually referring to the agressive style they've showcased since months before TI2, which I thought would be obvious because of the the iG reference. Maybe I should have allcapsed that for you, no? Anyhow, I'm glad Lysah was already able to discuss the matter politely and coherently so excuse me for not engaging in further conversation Mr. pizzashark 2.0 lest you put some focus in appearing polite and actually knowledgeable.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 08:11 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  11. #3651
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    29.99 is only for instant access, they've confirmed it's F2P on release.

  12. #3652
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    29.99 is only for instant access, they've confirmed it's F2P on release.
    Ok that is an interesting model lol. Anyone want an invite?
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  13. #3653
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've read quite a lot about game theory because it's an interesting subject. Designing balanced games is not difficult.
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth? Or just design a game that is more complex than checkers yet balanced?

    I've stated repeatedly that I base my opinions off of professional games and "very high MMR" games that I've watched, not my own games. The game isn't balanced around my wood league solo queue gameplay, but it is balanced around the professional level... right?
    This is the 5th or something time you say that. I shall thus base my opinion on Pizzasharks opinion because he says his highly intellectual opinion is based on him watching professional games.

    No, really, you think you're going force feed your opinions to someone on the basis that "I've studied this matter, you should have my opinion on it?" You never have an argument that isn't just you paraphrasing dota2wiki and being overly aggressive about your opinions, you never have statistics or replays or examples or throughout theorycrafting or pretty much anything solid. You just say how you think it is because everyone should think like you think it is.

    OP rarely is.
    You heard the story of "The boy who cried OP?" It's not very funny, either.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 07:38 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  14. #3654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth?
    What is gameplay depth?

  15. #3655
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    What is gameplay depth?
    The difference between tic-tac-toe and chess. I'm sorry if I articulated that badly, but you get the general idea - designing is easy if you go for simple design without many layers of depth. I could say that art is easy, I got a good grade in my one and only high school art class.

    Maybe I will leave the discussion it at this anyway, I feel more flame coming my way and I'd just rather focus on this Dreamhack, so many good games already. Does anyone know what the fuck happened to James and who is this guy with a shave and a haircut in a suit?
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 08:14 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  16. #3656
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth? Or just design a game that is more complex than checkers yet balanced?

    You heard the story of "The boy who cried OP?" It's not very funny, either.
    You are a hypocrit. You are mad at Pizza because he speaks out against how Icefrog is balancing, and that Pizza disagrees with it.

    But so do you. This is too funny.

    Disagreeing with Morph was OP you actually indirectly disagree with icefrogs decision to nerf him.

    Oh and how much time did you use on your last post? I actually edited it right after I made it, yet you still have the old quote. Meh, just found that funny :P

  17. #3657
    I was kindly asking you to step up the quality of your posts, you do the opposite. Too much attention, I guess.

    Edit: This would be like remotely challenging if you didn't try so hard to prove me right.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 09:24 PM.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  18. #3658
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    tbh items are worth 90% of this price so its not like you are paying 30euro for ONLY beta

  19. #3659
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I was kindly asking you to step up the quality of your posts, you do the opposite. Too much attention, I guess.
    Suure. Saying my posts are hyperbole and complete trash does not make it so.

    And yet again you fail to counter-argument with anything beside "DIZ IS STOOPID"
    Last edited by MasterOfInvocation; 2012-11-22 at 08:59 PM.

  20. #3660
    Herald of the Titans Tuvok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    West Sussex, England.
    Posts
    2,709
    I have 4 dota 2 licenses on steam to give away if anyone wants.
    "The truth, my goal."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •