How do you not farm eth blade with a hero who can nuke an entire wave over and over and also has huge auto attack damage to back it up? I already said that if you're not killing people by mid game you've been slacking off in your lane. Morph really can fall asleep and still CS his way to 600 gpm.

I never liked BFury on AM. A 5k gold investment that is only meant to make more gold, like some sort of super midas, is a waste of gold more often than not. If you can build it at 15 minutes and proceed to jungle for another 20 minutes so that you will have manta treads heart bfly on top of that bfury, sure, go for it. Too many people spend the entire game trying to farm with no boots and pers and finally finish their bfury at 30 minutes with no base around. 200+ damage an auto attack is fantastic and all but when you have 800 health you're still dead.

We actually used to have arguments about whether bfury was a good item and should be bought by ANYBODY in ANY game back in the DotA1 days. Now people feel it's basically required for heroes like AM or even BH (BH? What the hell?). I can see making one on Sven or Magnus to cap their cleave, but that 5k gold can easily be a manta style on AM which is a hell of a lot scarier in a fight.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-22 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    How do you not farm eth blade with a hero who can nuke an entire wave over and over and also has huge auto attack damage to back it up? I already said that if you're not killing people by mid game you've been slacking off in your lane. Morph really can fall asleep and still CS his way to 600 gpm.
    Lasthitting might not be hard for Morphling, but still he can have very bad time if there's more than one enemy player on their lane. And I tried to point out that Eblade isn't always a good option, and even when it is, you need levels in Adaptive to make it work regardless of how fast you rack in gold, and if you need to defend T2 towers 15-20 minutes in you're probably much less useful than many other carries.

I never liked BFury on AM. A 5k gold investment that is only meant to make more gold, like some sort of super midas, is a waste of gold more often than not. If you can build it at 15 minutes and proceed to jungle for another 20 minutes so that you will have manta treads heart bfly on top of that bfury, sure, go for it. Too many people spend the entire game trying to farm with no boots and pers and finally finish their bfury at 30 minutes with no base around. 200+ damage an auto attack is fantastic and all but when you have 800 health you're still dead.

We actually used to have arguments about whether bfury was a good item and should be bought by ANYBODY in ANY game back in the DotA1 days. Now people feel it's basically required for heroes like AM or even BH (BH? What the hell?). I can see making one on Sven or Magnus to cap their cleave, but that 5k gold can easily be a manta style on AM which is a hell of a lot scarier in a fight.
    I couldn't really agree more with this, they even nerfed BF in HoN and I died a bit inside every time a teammate made one. I rarely make one if I can avoid it on any hero, barring AM and PA. BF BH is something I've seen way too much, I very rarely flame people for their play but when I have BF BH in my team I'd really like to but I can't find the words. I've had like 2 games in the past week where I'm playing with 3 or 4 friends and we run around the map mid-game, pushing and teamfighting and getting a lot of kills while our 5th player is happily farming on the opposite side of the map with their BF Gondar. It wouldn't even be a bad item for him if only people who built one farmed enemy team instead of creeps.

Like I said, it's disappointing how pro players seem to be unable to skip BF on AM these days. A while ago it wasn't uncommon to see quick Treads+Vanguard+Vlads fighting AM or even a rushed BKB, but I can't even remember the last time I saw any of that.

Vanguard AM used to be so meta, what happened to those games. A 10 minute treads/vang on AM was considered "GFG" at one point in history, you knew you were never killing him.

Still, no hero can do it alone, even morph. Like I said, I don't consider him OP, but it's really annoying how little skill it takes to farm with him and to carry with him. Even if you can stack an aggressive enough lane to beat him with, he can just wave form spam until he catches up. Even if he can't rush eth blade for the raw burst a build as simple as treads/aquila/2x wraith will make him strong enough between morph agility/strength and his nukes to be relevant as a carry mid game. He can turn the gold he gets from team fights and pushing into a linken's and manta and then he's immortal, as usual.

I'll just have to partially disagree on the difficulty question, although it obviously does kind of depend on who you're playing against. Well, at least someone was up to coherent discussion on the matter, so everything went better than expected. Personally the only time I remember being owned hard by a Morphling was when I was playing Enchantress and Morph was played by Trixi... I did great early-mid but then Scandal who was playing Invoker for us disced for 10 minutes in which time our team got rolled over and Trixi started diving me in our fountain past the rax and base towers to fuck with me. I wasn't amused the 5th or whatever time, but I kind of miss seeing good Morphling players in MM. Or Korokodile's stream.

At least after 3 days of getting an error whenever I tried to register the DA fantasy league is working for me. Loda better not disappoint me.

Diving past three waves of towers to kill someone, so rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I could keep giving strong arguments but you will keep fail to understand anyway.

You are a joke, a true internet joke. PizzaJoke?
    When you think something is OP you throw mud to IceFrog and even dare to say game design is easy. Have you ever read about game theory? Designed a game? NO.
    I've read quite a lot about game theory because it's an interesting subject. Designing balanced games is not difficult.

When you got raped hard in your lame MMR, you throw the bullshit of THAT SPELL or HERO IS OP AS FUCK.
    I've stated repeatedly that I base my opinions off of professional games and "very high MMR" games that I've watched, not my own games. The game isn't balanced around my wood league solo queue gameplay, but it is balanced around the professional level... right?

When you don't like something in competitive scene you throw mud to pros and their play style.
    Because if I buy a tournament ticket to watch games on DotaTV, I'd like to be fucking entertained, not "oh look it's the same five fucking heroes in the first pick/ban phase AGAIN."

Claiming Sven's stun is OP is not even funny.
    OP rarely is.

ps: somehow this guy is always right and rest is always wrong.
    Actually I've agreed with Hermanni and Lysah and others just as often as I've disagreed with them. When he's not busy raging at people directly, Hermanni makes a lot of really good points, and so does Lysah. The same goes for people on Reddit when I engage in discussions there.

Hell, even you manage to make good points once in a blue moon.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hell, even you manage to make good points once in a blue moon.
    When this quote comes someone who lost the credibility with tons of "this is OP bullshit" its even more convincing. I've never seen you made a good point. I don't consider your walls of texts with skill explanations good points. And finally, I really give no shit about making good points. I think all this theoretical circle jerk kinda meaningless as long as the owner of that post lacks the skill to execute what he/she's thinking/saying.

Observation is not enough in any game. For DotA case, sometimes professional players/teams outskill/outpick each other that's why some heroes may seem underpowered or overpowered but you can't even understand it.

About morph, Some heroes easier than the others but the hardest and only significant part is playing against good players which always have room for improvements and skill. They would know exactly what you are going to do and I really don't think a game is purely lost in pro scene just because you could combo wave shotgun and back to base or somewhere else combo.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-22 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When this quote comes someone who lost the credibility with tons of "this is OP bullshit" its even more convincing. I've never seen you made a good point. I don't consider your walls of texts with skill explanations good points. And finally, I really give no shit about making good points. I think all this theoretical circle jerk kinda meaningless as long as the owner of that post lacks the skill to execute what he/she's thinking/saying.
    Skill isn't really the determining factor in a lot of things in Dota, it's more about memorization and what you would call "gamesense." That's achieved by simply playing lots and lots (and lots) of games, not through being particularly skilled. Obviously you need quick reaction times to perform at the professional level, but those reaction times and APM (actions per minute) are far below that of professional Starcraft or Quake players.

Most games are won or lost based on the decisions made by the given teams, not based on reaction times or pure APM. Knowing when someone will be in their jungle, when they'll be coming for a gank or what route they'll take when trying to escape a gank, memorizing pathways through trees, predicting their lanes and arranging yours to stymie theirs... all of that's based purely off of experience, which is quite different from skill.

It's fun as hell to watch Dendi pull of feats of amazing reaction time, but very rarely do those isolated incidents make the difference between a win and a loss.

Observation is not enough in any game. For DotA case, sometimes professional players/teams outskill/outpick each other that's why some heroes may seem underpowered or overpowered but you can't even understand it.
    lol? Some of the best commentators on sports in general are people who never played it at the professional level, and especially in a game like Dota where the burden is mostly on rote memorization and general experience, you can get a lot of information simply from watching and analyzing other people play, especially people at a high level. This goes double for the after-game interviews that are becoming more common, where those players are explaining what was going through their head at the moment something happened.

About morph, Some heroes easier than the others but the hardest and only significant part is playing against good players which always have room for improvements and skill. They would know exactly what you are going to do and I really don't think a game is purely lost in pro scene just because you could combo wave shotgun and back to base or somewhere else combo.
    It was a significant contributing factor in a lot of games where Morphling won - the ability to dive into the enemy team to instantly kill a support and replicate back out to avoid punishment. Like Lysah said, that turns it into a 4v5 at minimal cost to Morphling's team.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-11-22 at 10:54 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Skill isn't really the determining factor in a lot of things in Dota, it's more about memorization and what you would call "gamesense." That's achieved by simply playing lots and lots (and lots) of games, not through being particularly skilled. Obviously you need quick reaction times to perform at the professional level, but those reaction times and APM (actions per minute) are far below that of professional Starcraft or Quake players.
    DotA is not an action per minute game, that's for sure but skill isn't determining factor? You are spoiled hard. I suggest you to consider the bullshit you are saying because in a professional game, both side is equally experienced. Especially in DotA 2 because the game is new and there is not years of experience between professional players.

Sometimes you win the lane in a pro game or in pub just because your timing is better than your opponent. The sum of these abilities called skill. According to you, the difference between you and a pro player is experience and game knowledge "in a lot of things". Right...

Most games are won or lost based on the decisions made by the given teams, not based on reaction times or pure APM. Knowing when someone will be in their jungle, when they'll be coming for a gank or what route they'll take when trying to escape a gank, memorizing pathways through trees, predicting their lanes and arranging yours to stymie theirs... all of that's based purely off of experience, which is quite different from skill.
    Most games? You got a statistic? How do you determine if a game won by decisions or outpicking an opponent or outskilling? Just bunch of bullcrap as arguments.

pro tip for you: You can change the fucking lanes during game. Predicting the lane means nothing.

It's fun as hell to watch Dendi pull of feats of amazing reaction time, but very rarely do those isolated incidents make the difference between a win and a loss.
    Maybe it's because their opponent is nearly as skilled as Dendi, that is why he can't make his show all the time?

lol? Some of the best commentators on sports in general are people who never played it at the professional level, and especially in a game like Dota where the burden is mostly on rote memorization and general experience, you can get a lot of information simply from watching and analyzing other people play, especially people at a high level. This goes double for the after-game interviews that are becoming more common, where those players are explaining what was going through their head at the moment something happened.
    I don't think commentators in any e-sport or sports are the authorities when it comes to whatever game they are commenting on. They just comment on game, this does not mean they are better than anyone or know more than anyone who's interested in that sport.

According to you John Champion(a british football commentator) is one of the best football players in the world, well because he's a commentator...Right brah

Dota is pure skillbased game. In low MMR ratings, knowledge may be the winning factor but at high MMR and professional games skill and strategy is deciding the winner.

It was a significant contributing factor in a lot of games where Morphling won - the ability to dive into the enemy team to instantly kill a support and replicate back out to avoid punishment. Like Lysah said, that turns it into a 4v5 at minimal cost to Morphling's team.
    How about team fights? Where you can not go back to base? What you gonna do after shotgunning some1 with 1k hp? Str back? That takes time.

Sorry but I'm not buying "the most hard part of dota is learning" crap. Dota is nothing absolutely nothing in terms of amount of information a human can learn.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-22 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DotA is not an action per minute game, that's for sure but skill isn't determining factor? You are spoiled hard. I suggest you to consider the bullshit you are saying because in a professional game, both side is equally experienced. Especially in DotA 2 because the game is new and there is not years of experience between professional players.

Sometimes you win the lane in a pro game or in pub just because your timing is better than your opponent. The sum of these abilities called skill. According to you, the difference between you and a pro player is experience and game knowledge "in a lot of things". Right...
    That'd be the largest and most important part, yes. The difference between a professional player and me in a game like SC2 includes experience, but also a whole hell of a lot of raw APM, or skill. I'm not even close as good as IdrA (who's a pretty low-tier pro player) and I'm not sure I'd ever be able to play at MarineKing's level.

I don't see that in Dota. The vast majority of difference between my play and a pro player's play is experience. Maybe on a hero like Invoker or Meepo or Visage, a hero that requires good APM, I'd be very outclassed, but on most other heroes? The difference would be fairly minor compared to the difference in experience, and that difference in experience would be the biggest reason I'd get completely trashed against them.

Most games? You got a statistic? How do you determine if a game won by decisions or outpicking an opponent or outskilling? Just bunch of bullcrap as arguments.

pro tip for you: You can change the fucking lanes during game. Predicting the lane means nothing.
    Almost guarantees your lane an XP/gold advantage, depending on whether or not they buy a TP or run to the lane they need to be in. If it's a solo lane you can often be level 2 before they finish switching lanes, meaning you're against level 1's - that's huge.

Maybe it's because their opponent is nearly as skilled as Dendi, that is why he can't make his show all the time?
    It's more because those twitch reactions are usually only going to take place during the laning and early ganking/pushing phases. Once it moves into teamfights, those twitch reactions are considerably less important for most of the heroes I've seen him play.

I don't think commentators in any e-sport or sports are the authorities when it comes to whatever game they are commenting on. They just comment on game, this does not mean they are better than anyone or know more than anyone who's interested in that sport.
    Day9 is widely considered one of the absolute best commentators for SC2 and yet while he's good, he's nowhere near the level of the Code S or even Code A players he's often analyzing.

According to you John Champion(a british football commentator) is one of the best football players in the world, well because he's a commentator...Right brah
    Reading comprehension, brah. John Champion is not necessarily a good player, but he's extremely knowledgeable about the game.

Dota is pure skillbased game. In low MMR ratings, knowledge may be the winning factor but at high MMR and professional games skill and strategy is deciding the winner.
    Strategy is not skill. Actual skill is a fairly minor difference between teams - the biggest difference is in finding ways to out-think the enemy team and play accordingly... which is based on experience and general knowledge of the game. Not skill.

How about team fights? Where you can not go back to base? What you gonna do after shotgunning some1 with 1k hp? Str back? That takes time.
    At worst it's a 4v4 and they're missing a support. What happens if you lose your Chen or your Enigma or some other squishy support to Morphling's combo? You're going to have a difficult time holding off that 4v4, and it'll be a matter of seconds before Morphling's recharged and back in the fight, at which point it becomes a straight up 4v5.

Sorry but I'm not buying "the most hard part of dota is learning" crap. Dota is nothing absolutely nothing in terms of amount of information a human can learn.
    Far and away, the most difficult part about learning Dota, and the part that makes it so hard for newbies to learn, is the sheer volume of information that has to be memorized to play even at a very low level. If you want to play at a higher level, it requires even MORE information to be memorized.

Dota is a very, very simple game from a gameplay perspective - the depth of the game and why it's successful as an eSport is due to the sheer number of permutations and alternatives you can find in a single game. Compare this to League of Legends, which has only slightly simpler gameplay, but MUCH much simpler knowledge requirements (or, the "metagame.")

Almost guarantees your lane an XP/gold advantage, depending on whether or not they buy a TP or run to the lane they need to be in. If it's a solo lane you can often be level 2 before they finish switching lanes, meaning you're against level 1's - that's huge.
    That's minor as it can get.

Day9 is widely considered one of the absolute best commentators for SC2 and yet while he's good, he's nowhere near the level of the Code S or even Code A players he's often analyzing.
    That's what I'm saying playing != analyzing or observing and than making comments like a boss...It may be case for SC2 because that game is heavily APM oriented but DotA is not. Also DotA is far more complex to balance compared to a strategy game because you can measure efficiency in strategy games for each stat. You just need to determine how valuable damage, movement speed, etc. ALso you should stop comparing SC2 with DotA. It just doesn't make sense.
    Reading comprehension, brah. John Champion is not necessarily a good player, but he's extremely knowledgeable about the game.
    You disproved yourself yet again. Skill has nothing to do with being knowledgeable. You, indeed, lack skill for generating strong arguments. Sometimes you just disproof yourself...

Strategy is not skill. Actual skill is a fairly minor difference between teams - the biggest difference is in finding ways to out-think the enemy team and play accordingly... which is based on experience and general knowledge of the game. Not skill.
    Who said skill is strategy? Reading comprehension fail? Pizzajoke...

Read that part, give yourself sometime, try to understand and then come back.

Let me help you a bit. Here is the org. post:
    "skill and strategy is deciding the winner."

it clearly says skill AND strategy.

At worst it's a 4v4 and they're missing a support. What happens if you lose your Chen or your Enigma or some other squishy support to Morphling's combo? You're going to have a difficult time holding off that 4v4, and it'll be a matter of seconds before Morphling's recharged and back in the fight, at which point it becomes a straight up 4v5.
    4vs4: If morph does not jump there is a big possibility he will die with that low hp, if he jumps to base that means they are missing a support but you are missing your CARRY in team fight. Enjoy your team wipe. I'm not saying this will be always case. Sometimes you will just win games because of shotgun combo of morph but I think it's rare and morph was not close to OP.

You answers are poor if not repeating previous post. You've been destroyed in last two pages yet you keep talking. Well I'm done on this.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-22 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    No one cares.
    I cares :0
    It's funzies watching them struggle to maintain a semblance of discuss

Does anyone else have free copies of DOTA 2 to give away? Valve gave me 3 and I am not sure what to do with them, all of my friends prefer LoL so I have no reason to keep the extras.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I cares :0
    It's funzies watching them struggle to maintain a semblance of discuss
    Yeah, I'm just adding him to my ignore list :-/

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Does anyone else have free copies of DOTA 2 to give away? Valve gave me 3 and I am not sure what to do with them, all of my friends prefer LoL so I have no reason to keep the extras.
    Yeah, Valve's been spamming people with extra keys. I imagine they're ramping up for an official release sometime early next year, and it's not like they stand to lose anything since the game will be F2P, anyway.

I feel sorry for your need of publicly stating that you are putting me on ignore list. I bet you didn't do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You may not take me seriously, but as hard as I may try I don't see your post being more credible than mine. Again you're just contradicting yourself by saying Chinese teams love safe play (which isn't as much true as it used to be any more, just look at iG) and they pick Morph because he is "risky" but also he has no risk? And again your arguments just boil into your opinions made into statements without any evidence ("chinese teams used him because he was op".)

On top of that I don't think I ever saw anyone shift-queue Morphling combo, and Morph is only a steroid if you're comfortable Morphing yourself down to 1300 HP. Meanwhile you forget that AM has 1.35 second BAT, which is probably a better late-game steroid than the other two.

The rest of your post is just hyperbolic rambling so I'll leave it at that. I tried to build and argument, I used rhetorics, you reply with "nah m8 hes just OP." Why even bash pizza if you can't do any better?
    You may think my post is hyperbolic rambling, to that I can only think that your morph play was terrible, that's the only sensible reason you would say that.

And I didn't contradict myself, I clearly meant that AGGRESSIVE heroes are normally risky. So to simplify it for you, I said;
    AGGRESSIVE HERO=RISKY. MORPH=AGGRESSIVE. BUT HE IS SO GOOD/OP THAT EVEN WHILE BEING A AGRESSIVE CARRY, HE IS A SAFE CHOICE(CAN'T BE GANKED BUT NOT UNCOMMON TO SEE TONS OF KILLS EARLY), AKA TOO STRONK K?

Then you talk about how chinese teams aren't playing so passively anymore..WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I am talking about TI2, you know.. almost three months ago? So what they are doing now is irrelevant.

AM's BAT timer of 1.35 means nothing when you have half the agility of morph, and you are melee while probably having less HP even while morphling is completely agi morphed.

Most pro's I have heard talk about morph considered him OP(Including Icefrog, otherwise he wouldn't have been nerfed l guess). Sure they could just say that for no reason(Maybe blaming their defeat on the hero maybe), but where is YOUR proof that he was not OP?

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:53 PM ----------

4vs4: If morph does not jump there is a big possibility he will die with that low hp, if he jumps to base that means they are missing a support but you are missing your CARRY in team fight. Enjoy your team wipe. I'm not saying this will be always case. Sometimes you will just win games because of shotgun combo of morph but I think it's rare and morph was not close to OP.

You answers are poor if not repeating previous post. You've been destroyed in last two pages yet you keep talking. Well I'm done on this.
    Worst argument in this thread.

So according to you, a replicate was ONLY able to stand in well? So Morphling couldn't actually shotgun someone, then port back to his team? O.K.

And if he can, then why make that argument about the 4v4 scenario? It's freaking false.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbf34486c; 2012-11-22 at 06:58 PM.

Yeah, I'm just adding him to my ignore list :-/

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:28 AM ----------

Yeah, Valve's been spamming people with extra keys. I imagine they're ramping up for an official release sometime early next year, and it's not like they stand to lose anything since the game will be F2P, anyway.
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    You may think my post is hyperbolic rambling, to that I can only think that your morph play was terrible, that's the only sensible reason you would say that.

And I didn't contradict myself, your reading comprehension is the shocking thing here. I said;
    AGGRESSIVE HERO=RISKY. MORPH=AGGRESSIVE. BUT HE IS SO GOOD THAT EVEN WHILE AGRESSIVE HE IS A SAFE CHOICE, TOO STRONK K?

Then you talk about how chinese teams aren't playing so passively anymore..WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I am talking about TI2, you know.. almost months ago? So what they are doing now is irrelevant.

AM's BAT timer of 1.35 means nothing when you have half the agility of morph, and you are melee while probably having less HP even while morphling is completely agi morphed.

Most pro's I have heard talk about morph considered him OP(Including Icefrog, otherwise he wouldn't have been nerfed l guess). Sure they could just say that for no reason(Maybe blaming their defeat on the hero maybe), but where is YOUR proof that he was not OP?
    Nice, so you jump to more hyperbole, refuse to admit your errors and assume I'm bad. Cute. I thought your posts were rambling because you didn't seem either capable or willing of engaging coherent discussion on the matter, but if it bothers you I can let you in on the fact that I've only ever played Morphling on random and I was just fine, and my ability to play the hero has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter.

My reading comprehension is also just fine, and what you had to emphasize in allcaps is something that was never in your original post. And when I was talking about the current playstyle of some Chinese teams, I was actually referring to the agressive style they've showcased since months before TI2, which I thought would be obvious because of the the iG reference. Maybe I should have allcapsed that for you, no? Anyhow, I'm glad Lysah was already able to discuss the matter politely and coherently so excuse me for not engaging in further conversation Mr. pizzashark 2.0 lest you put some focus in appearing polite and actually knowledgeable.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    29.99 is only for instant access, they've confirmed it's F2P on release.