Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    29.99 is only for instant access, they've confirmed it's F2P on release.
    Ok that is an interesting model lol. Anyone want an invite?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've read quite a lot about game theory because it's an interesting subject. Designing balanced games is not difficult.
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth? Or just design a game that is more complex than checkers yet balanced?

I've stated repeatedly that I base my opinions off of professional games and "very high MMR" games that I've watched, not my own games. The game isn't balanced around my wood league solo queue gameplay, but it is balanced around the professional level... right?
    This is the 5th or something time you say that. I shall thus base my opinion on Pizzasharks opinion because he says his highly intellectual opinion is based on him watching professional games.

No, really, you think you're going force feed your opinions to someone on the basis that "I've studied this matter, you should have my opinion on it?" You never have an argument that isn't just you paraphrasing dota2wiki and being overly aggressive about your opinions, you never have statistics or replays or examples or throughout theorycrafting or pretty much anything solid. You just say how you think it is because everyone should think like you think it is.

OP rarely is.
    You heard the story of "The boy who cried OP?" It's not very funny, either.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth?
    What is gameplay depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    What is gameplay depth?
    The difference between tic-tac-toe and chess. I'm sorry if I articulated that badly, but you get the general idea - designing is easy if you go for simple design without many layers of depth. I could say that art is easy, I got a good grade in my one and only high school art class.

Maybe I will leave the discussion it at this anyway, I feel more flame coming my way and I'd just rather focus on this Dreamhack, so many good games already. Does anyone know what the fuck happened to James and who is this guy with a shave and a haircut in a suit?
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Oh you read things. Not difficult, no? Then you wouldn't mind letting me in how you would balance a game like dota without reducing gameplay depth? Or just design a game that is more complex than checkers yet balanced?

You heard the story of "The boy who cried OP?" It's not very funny, either.
    You are a hypocrit. You are mad at Pizza because he speaks out against how Icefrog is balancing, and that Pizza disagrees with it.

But so do you. This is too funny.

Disagreeing with Morph was OP you actually indirectly disagree with icefrogs decision to nerf him.

Oh and how much time did you use on your last post? I actually edited it right after I made it, yet you still have the old quote. Meh, just found that funny :P

I was kindly asking you to step up the quality of your posts, you do the opposite. Too much attention, I guess.

Edit: This would be like remotely challenging if you didn't try so hard to prove me right.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you call 29.99 free to play? then no it is not free to play. Only for the people in Beta is it free to play.
    tbh items are worth 90% of this price so its not like you are paying 30euro for ONLY beta

Deleted
    I was kindly asking you to step up the quality of your posts, you do the opposite. Too much attention, I guess.
    Suure. Saying my posts are hyperbole and complete trash does not make it so.

And yet again you fail to counter-argument with anything beside "DIZ IS STOOPID"
    Last edited by mmoc8dbf34486c; 2012-11-22 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 dota 2 licenses on steam to give away if anyone wants.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    3 licenses to give away on steam here... shoot me a pm if you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    tbh items are worth 90% of this price so its not like you are paying 30euro for ONLY beta
    Truth, the items in the store are probably over priced, though =p
    Some mythicals are 10 USD, that's pretty extreme imo...pretty much everything I have I got by trading (well, Trixie trading my items for me), even getting gifts from friends is rare when everything is worth so much. Still, if you're interested in the cosmetic item trade game you at least have....somewhat of a start with the invite.

The real question remains:
    Why OH WHY did I not make a green greevil....white was such a bad decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I have a green one you can have if you want, I'm just gonna use my badger anyway.
    Also, agreed, white without unusuals is bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Truth, the items in the store are probably over priced, though =p
    Some mythicals are 10 USD, that's pretty extreme imo...pretty much everything I have I got by trading (well, Trixie trading my items for me), even getting gifts from friends is rare when everything is worth so much. Still, if you're interested in the cosmetic item trade game you at least have....somewhat of a start with the invite.
    well thats another story ;p
    but invite alone is not a huge ripoff

i fed my white 3 unusual ;_________;

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    YWorst argument in this thread.

So according to you, a replicate was ONLY able to stand in well? So Morphling couldn't actually shotgun someone, then port back to his team? O.K.

And if he can, then why make that argument about the 4v4 scenario? It's freaking false.
    I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

I was talking about a scenario involves team fight(5v5) and I was saying, shotgun combo is not an advantage in that case because you can not teleport to some safeplace. Also shotgun combo involves agi-dumped morph which is risky and can be ended with moprh's dead in team fight. So shotgunning some support to death between his/her team mates and switching to safe replicate is not always case. So if a heroes OP strength is situational, maybe its not OP? PizzaJoke insisted replicating to safe place during team fight after shotgunning some support to death which leaves both sides 4vs4 so 4vs4 scenario coined by PizzaJoke not me.. Anyway, in that case, one side has their carry in battlefield, the other has not.

This is the case I'm talking about.

I hope you are not talking about shotgunning and then replicating to base and TPing back...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-23 at 12:00 AM.

Write to me if u want invites

Suure. Saying my posts are hyperbole and complete trash does not make it so.

And yet again you fail to counter-argument with anything beside "DIZ IS STOOPID"
    The burden of proof lies on the individual asserting a claim. In this case, that would be you. Hermanni does not need to "counter-argument". Back up what the fuck you're saying with proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

I was talking about a scenario involves team fight(5v5) and I was saying, shotgun combo is not an advantage in that case because you can not teleport to some safeplace. Also shotgun combo involves agi-dumped morph which is risky and can be ended with moprh's dead in team fight. So shotgunning some support to death between his/her team mates and switching to safe replicate is not always case. So if a heroes OP strength is situational, maybe its not OP? PizzaJoke insisted replicating to safe place during team fight after shotgunning some support to death which leaves both sides 4vs4 so 4vs4 scenario coined by PizzaJoke not me.. Anyway, in that case, one side has their carry in battlefield, the other has not.

This is the case I'm talking about.

I hope you are not talking about shotgunning and then replicating to base and TPing back...
    I am talking about shotgunning someone DURING a waveform (Invulnerable), so he will always escape and then replicate say back to lowground(So maybe only replicate the range of 2000 or so) to his team, and then go force that 4v5 fight at their tier 3.

I am talking about shotgunning someone DURING a waveform (Invulnerable), so he will always escape and then replicate say back to lowground(So maybe only replicate the range of 2000 or so) to his team, and then go force that 4v5 fight at their tier 3.
    What if enemy team is forcing the fight? That's a clear 8-10 second fight without carry. What I'm saying "shotgunned you sucker enjoy your 4vs5" is not always the case. Also you always assume morph is initing but what happens if enemy team engages first? true weakness of shotgun morph is not being durable in fights(unless you wander around morphed to full str which means your damage will make enemy giggle) because of well...shotgun build and I'm not talking about early game. It's mid-late game I'm talking about where heroes get their key items and capable of doing good cc and burst.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-23 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What if enemy team is forcing the fight? That's a clear 8-10 second fight without carry.
    I am not sure where you get that 8-10 seconds timing from? Have you played morph? It's instant if you didn't know, his replicate can MOVE, so he will NEVER be out of the fight for that long.

Even if they somehow force a fight without morphling there(So let's say he is farming while his team is pushing, so actually he should be pretty farmed, yeah?) he can INSTANTLY morph to his team and join the fight. He can then still shotgun someone, only difference is morph's team might actually lose some heros in engagement instead of wiping them 5-0..Oh the horror :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I have a green one you can have if you want, I'm just gonna use my badger anyway.
    Also, agreed, white without unusuals is bleh.
    Give it to Trixie she can trade it for lots of stuff :3
    Unless it has 3 unusuals in which case I'll still use my war dog but I'll sure show it off to people to make them jealous.

Also why are you banned? You were supposed to learn from my mistakes not make them yourself. Next you'll be saying "Birth control? Not important."