Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can you provide a link?
    Literally the only thing in the game with voice acting is the narrator. Everything else is music. Helps that there are like 4 characters in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Literally the only thing in the game with voice acting is the narrator. Everything else is music. Helps that there are like 4 characters in it too.
    I didn't play Bastion but I was trying to say is there a game like DotA where there are tons of different characters and they are voice acted by different actors. I will guess no(unless you link me such big tittle) because it's not feasible. Also the quantity of voice actors has very little to do with quality.

Deleted
    I didn't play Bastion but I was trying to say is there a game like DotA where there are tons of different characters and they are voice acted by different actors. I will guess no(unless you link me such big tittle) because it's not feasible.
    Depends on how big it needs to be. 100+ characters probably not because most games don't have characters of that quantity.

Also the quantity of voice actors has very little to do with quality.
    I never implied this, you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want an example of a game where there are three voice actors for five billion different characters, look at any Bethesda game.

There's a reason old school RPGs had a lot of text and voice acting was only for important stuff :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

well, Batrider turned out to be actually interesting and funny hero
    +1 to favorites, it seems, right after Rubick and Jakiro
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-03 at 07:35 AM.

I've been playing with a friend of mine, we're usually going together top/bot in games. I've been having a lot of fun with Lich, anyone have any thoughts on a good laning partner for him? My friend's usually playing an agi carry, and sometimes some of the strength heroes, figured we could iron out a solid strategy.

Jugger or a strong str hero (not Sven!).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I've been playing with a friend of mine, we're usually going together top/bot in games. I've been having a lot of fun with Lich, anyone have any thoughts on a good laning partner for him? My friend's usually playing an agi carry, and sometimes some of the strength heroes, figured we could iron out a solid strategy.
    Lich works with anyone really, he is an extremely strong lane presence if you play him right.

If you want a lane that can get early kills however, Juggernaut as a couple of people have mentioned is the perfect choice. Just combo Frost Blast with Spin at the right moment and you're golden.

But really, any carry will work with Lich because he is a great babysitter.

If you want a good lane, I suggest Juggernaut + vengeful spirit. This lane will always work in pubs. Also tiny + centaur is a deadly lane.

If you're looking for an amazing pubstomp hero; Bat Rider.

Easily harass anyone in the lane. Nice to have a big hitter along with you like Sven, Jugg, Tiny, etc..
    Last edited by Defaulty; 2012-12-03 at 05:49 PM.

Your lanes are all terrible. If you really want your enemy to hate you pick an Axe based dual offlane. Axe + Veno is one of the best, especially if the enemy has a melee carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Your lanes are all terrible. If you really want your enemy to hate you pick an Axe based dual offlane. Axe + Veno is one of the best, especially if the enemy has a melee carry.
    I'm pretty sure venge + jugger lane can beat yours. Level 3 jugger + venge with initiation advantage is almost guaranteed kill. Especially considering the fact that jugger is magic immune while spinning which means that gale will be useless on him. Key factor is venge's position because she is pretty fragile and if gale hits, that means a taunt inc. but again, this lane setup is pretty safe for jugger.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-03 at 08:02 PM.

I'm pretty sure venge + jugger lane can beat yours. Level 3 jugger + venge with initiation advantage is almost guaranteed kill. Especially considering the fact that jugger is magic immune while spinning means that gale will be useless on him.
    Juggernaut doesn't work that well in offlane, and guaranteed kills are a rarity against skilled enemies who can assess the amount of damage you can put out and don't take risks. Veno + Axe completely stop you farming your own safelane except when it pushes to their tower and can easily force you to take a jog back to your base. Or if you're careless, they'll kill you effortlessly.

I haven't even played this lane in ages because I can't even do it in good conscience, but if you won't believe me I can find a replay.

Juggernaut doesn't work that well in offlane, and guaranteed kills are a rarity against skilled enemies who can assess the amount of damage you can put out and not take risks. Veno + Axe completely stop you farming your own safelane except when it pushes to their tower and can easily force you to take a jog back to your base. Or if you're careless, they'll kill you effortlessly.

I haven't even played this lane in ages because I can't even do it in good conscience, but if you won't believe me I can find a replay.
    I do believe you but I was just talking for average pubs. If you consider theoretical discussion where everyone is skilled and very experienced, your lane sucks as well.

I do believe you but I was just talking for average pubs. If you consider theoretical discussion where everyone is skilled and very experienced, your lane sucks as well.
    People can be skilled in pubs too. I'd like to have an argument better than "your lane sucks as well" though, considering I've never lost a lane with it and the only way I can see that happening is either against a good trilane, which is pretty rare in pubs, or ganks, which can be avoided.

your lane sucks as wel
    You didn't provide a better argument other than saying

"Your lanes are all terrible." and suggesting another lane(but I wasn't crying about it). I could easily counter your lane by suggesting another lane composed of three heroes(which is why I said your lane sucks) as you said but that would be too theoretical or fit to pros so I decided not to. I think chaos knight + lesh lane can deal with axe + veno. You are right about jugger + venge will be outfarmed in terms of CS but capable of decreasing the CS difference by killing heroes in lane and again I was just suggesting for pubs.

Also note that even if you can't kill enemy, you will force them to go back for sure which will let jugger to farm more in safe.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-03 at 08:37 PM.

People can be skilled in pubs too. I'd like to have an argument better than "your lane sucks as well" though, considering I've never lost a lane with it and the only way I can see that happening is either against a good trilane, which is pretty rare in pubs, or ganks, which can be avoided.
    Solo Lich, stack other lanes and crush them or have a free farming jungler because Axe is wasting his time in a lane. Lane won.

"Your lanes are all terrible."
    You know I was joking, right?

Besides, I did explain that Venge/Juggernaut is based on getting kills on safe lane, and if you're against a careful player or certain heroes you won't get them. Axe/Veno hardlane is meant to put a lot of pressure on the enemy carry and can achieve that without getting kills or committing much. Anyway, this discussion is sorta pointless, you can try it yourself, just get a friend you can communicate with and who knows whats up. If you don't know how it works here's how to do it.

If the enemy has a jungler get obs, otherwise optional. Veno gets lots of regen, few branches, maybe a RoP for Basi if someone else bought courier/obs. Axe gets maybe a stout shield or just str gloves and regen. When enemies come to farm their creepwave Axe attacks them to force them back and take damage. With a few levels Axe spams Battle Hunger and together with Veno they attack anyone coming close to the creepwave, and Veno Gales any enemy who dares to come close with low on HP or overextends. Axe farms Arcanes and maxes Battle Hunger, Veno puts 2 or more points in Gale, 2 or more in Sting and 1 in Wards at 3 or 4 if you need vision.

Full Battle Hunger + Poisons at level 3 are like 450 magical, 700+ at level 5, taking them at anything but full HP means death and every attempt your enemy take at coming close to the creepwave when it's not in range of the tower means they will take damage. Your kills might get denied but it doesn't matter. Any attempt to initiate on Axe is met with Gale and possible turnaround, any attempt to initiate on Veno needs to get past Axe. If you fail to get your kill, you probably won't get away after having taken few Helixes + Hunger + poisons.

Sorry for the empty talk about replays though, they're all too old and are unavailable.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Solo Lich, stack other lanes and crush them or have a free farming jungler because Axe is wasting his time in a lane. Lane won.
    This would be met with creepskipping Axe and a quick tower takedown. You're right, though, it's not exactly unbeatable, but against an unprepared enemy this lane is ridiculously good.

Some variants of this lane I've played include Axe/Undying, Axe/Silencer and something I've probably forgotten. You get the general idea. Seeing almost every Axe jungle is pretty sad considering how ridiculous he can be on a lane.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-03 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    For those of you who haven't been able to get in yet, I'm giving away 5 keys in my latest video to help you guys out! Let's all play this amazing game