Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Can they please just ban cyrillic writing on non russia server, it gets really annoying.
    That would be pure discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That would be pure discrimination.
    How so? Pls ban non cyrillic on the russian server I have no problem with that.

How so? Pls ban non cyrillic on the russian server I have no problem with that.
    I don't consider it as a question. If you ban Russian people's language and keep rest, then, that's discrimination. Also I am not sure why you are so much annoyed. I would understand if it was bunch of Russians speaking voice chat in their language but annoyed by texts that you do not understand...I don't know. To be fairly honest I am annoyed by amount of racism potential DotA community has. This is not a good sign and I really hope they punish very brutally racist attitude in game because I see racism towards Russians in every singe game.

ps: I am not russian and racism part is not directed to you.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-14 at 11:22 PM.

I don't consider it as a question. If you ban Russian people's language and keep rest, then, that's discrimination.
    I dont see the discrimination when there is an extra server just for them, they can speak cyrillic there. Its not like I want them to get locked out from other realms. Its just that if they play on a foreign server, they should speak in the language fitting the server. You dont drive to North America and expect the people to understand russian there. And I am annoyed by those texts because the only thing I learnd from this language by now are the curse words. If somebody has a problem with my play style I want to have it straight to my face and not hidden behind a language I cant understand. That plus its important to coordinate your team in dota. You simply cant do that with simple pings.

I dont see the discrimination when there is an extra server just for them, they can speak cyrillic there.
    I am fairly certain it was not ever stated that we russians MUST stick to our very own(lol haha) server.
    Get a clue, man.
    region locking is an awful thing in itself, just look at WoW and its forums.

but if russian is not a race

is it still racism

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    but if russian is not a race

is it still racism
    Racism and racial discrimination are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of whether these differences are described as racial. According to the United Nations convention, there is no distinction between the terms racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination, and superiority based on racial differentiation is scientifically false, morally condemnable, socially unjust and dangerous, and that there is no justification for racial discrimination, in theory or in practice, anywhere.[7]

In politics, racism is commonly located on the far right due to the far right’s common association with nativism, racism, and xenophobia.[8] In history, racism has been a major part of the political and ideological underpinning of genocides such as The Holocaust, but also in colonial contexts such as the rubber booms in South America and the Congo, and in the European conquest of the Americas and colonization of Africa, Asia and Australia. It was also a driving force behind the transatlantic slave trade, and behind states based on racial segregation such as the USA in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and South Africa under apartheid.[9] Practices and ideologies of racism are universally condemned by the United Nations in the Declaration of Human Rights.[10]

(c) Wikipedia

tl;dr racism and discrimination are almost similar terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they could implement some kind of automated translator to English for certain servers.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I wonder if they could implement some kind of automated translator to English for certain servers.
    What they could do, is have that automatic chat mechanism translate itself depending on your language. I've already been in some games with people who don't speak any, or very little english, but could still communicate what's going on with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I am fairly certain it was not ever stated that we russians MUST stick to our very own(lol haha) server.
    Get a clue, man.
    region locking is an awful thing in itself, just look at WoW and its forums.
    Did you even bother to read the second sentence of my post? I never proposed region locking, I suggested that you simply block cyrillic signs in the chatbox on non-russian servers.

Did you even bother to read the second sentence of my post? I never proposed region locking, I suggested that you simply block cyrillic signs in the chatbox on non-russian servers.
    and how is that different from region locking?
    and what it would achieve, besides sparing you the frustration you surely feel any time someone types in cyrillic?

It's going to achieve nothing. If anything, it will block the communication among Russians. I think you can ignore people. Why don't you use that feature?

I am pretty sure there will be huge complain-fest about how useless and bad quality(Google translator, any1?) the translator is and they would prefer cyrillic instead of some non-sense English.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-15 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to achieve nothing. If anything, it will block the communication among Russians. I think you can ignore people. Why don't you use that feature?
    It's a team game and you're suggesting the best thing we can do is ignore our teammates?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see the discrimination when there is an extra server just for them, they can speak cyrillic there. Its not like I want them to get locked out from other realms. Its just that if they play on a foreign server, they should speak in the language fitting the server. You dont drive to North America and expect the people to understand russian there. And I am annoyed by those texts because the only thing I learnd from this language by now are the curse words. If somebody has a problem with my play style I want to have it straight to my face and not hidden behind a language I cant understand. That plus its important to coordinate your team in dota. You simply cant do that with simple pings.
    Sounds like concentration camp, even if you say that you don't want russians to be banned from other regions. And again, not everything typed in chat is about tactics and strategy, and if you want to see a curse words in everything, you are welcome.

And what is this bastion announcer?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-12-15 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    What they could do, is have that automatic chat mechanism translate itself depending on your language. I've already been in some games with people who don't speak any, or very little english, but could still communicate what's going on with that.
    The chat wheel? That's how it works.

What do you guys think of the 6.77 patchnotes? Small patch, mostly number changes.

It's a team game and you're suggesting the best thing we can do is ignore our teammates?
    dont mistake retards for teammates.
    he suggests to ignore the former, not latter.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think of the 6.77 patchnotes? Small patch, mostly number changes.
    Scorched Earth affecting controlled creeps is gonna be OP as hell.

centaur is getting hard pounded, real hard.
    ulti no longer stuns, double edge no longer interrupts.
    All the while Slark gets some unneeded buff, wth.

edit: Jakiro Ice Path rescale

please read the fucking post again and consider who I am quoted and try to understand what I am trying to say. I am really sick of people reading posts with their asses in this thread.

I will just help you in case if you fail to understand

He said he's totally annoyed by cyrillic alphabet and suggesting banning him. I told him it will achieve nothing but block the communication among those who use it(Imagin 3-Russian premade). And I said, instead of banning whole alphabet, why don't you ignore them if you are so annoyed.

I have to say chat wheel is a perfect feature. I just love it. Most people can't speak English but they do know DotA terms.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-15 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sounds like concentration camp, even if you say that you don't want russians to be banned from other regions. And again, not everything typed in chat is about tactics and strategy, and if you want to see a curse words in everything, you are welcome.
    Did you really just compared: "Blocking an alphabet on servers designed for an area where not even 1 promille of the target group understand that language" with "Camps designed to massmurder people"? Wow just wow.

and how is that different from region locking?
    You could still queue for those realms, where is the region lock? If somebody chooses to not want to queue on this realms anymore, because he can no longer communicate properly(which he probably couldnt beforhand) than yes thats exactly what I am intending.

He said he's totally annoyed by cyrillic alphabet and suggesting banning him. I told him it will achieve nothing but block the communication among those who use it(Imagina 3 Russian premade). And I said, instead of banning whole alphabet, why don't you ignore them if you are so annoyed.
    In that particular situation there are 2 people completely blocked out of team communication. And if you had that situation that you really really want to talk cyrillic: Why is it such an unacceptable act to just queue for the russian server then? Ignoring them is no solution, it would be as bad as the status quo. Not being able to read anything from the team is like being on ignore. It wouldnt make the situation any better.