10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna have some good fun atleast for the lower MMR pick: Lion, Drow, Siper, Lich and TH. Lion and Sniper takes easy lane and should be able to get a kill ones level 6, Drow in mid, and Lich and TH for hard lane. This is a really good fun and working combo, Lich as Support with Mek ofcause and the lovely AoE Ulti and combine that would TH Ulti... sweet times.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Game difficulty, in my opinion
    Hybrid carry (sven, tiny, SB) > hybrid support (necro, puck, kroberus, OD) > hypercarry (AM, PA, drow) > support (CM, dazzle) > int carry (qop, tinker)

Getting no farm because you're always ganking and still coming out late game with items is harder than going AFK in the woods protecting someone and buying nothing but wards all game. Having your team rely on you to never, ever die and AFK farm effectively so you can save them against team pushes mid to late and win the game is difficult, if you're not an A+ last hitter and map watcher you probably should never pick hard carry (which is, surprisingly to me, most people - even good players can be terrible last hitters). Still, buying wards and protecting people and somehow managing to remain useful late game is very difficult, and there is a huge difference between a good support player and a bad support player. I would say that the only role you can pick where you can't possibly impress anyone is caster carry.

It's no wonder most team anchors play carry and go mid. These roles are not only the most important, they are the hardest to pull off against organized and skilled enemies. A good support can make a huge difference in many games, but a bad support can still run in, stun/ult, die and have been useful. Support is generally what you tell new players to pick because they aren't so important. Keep in mind I'm not saying playing support in general is easy, only fulfilling your role on the team is easy, and therefore I can't argue that it's very difficult to be a support player overall.

I'll say, I almost always play hybrid carry because it is way more demanding of me than other roles. I randomed Wisp last night and it was all standard play. Teleport around for ganks, see ally getting ganked and go teleport in to save him or die so he can get away. 20 minutes in we have BKB daedalus DK and manta lothars SF and its just overcharge and go afk while they kill everything.

SA is a good pick for certain teams because his backstab damage is ENORMOUS. As early as level 5 he can already be hitting for 100+ after armor when most heroes have 500-600 health. Once he's 6 you basically have to sentry the entire map because he can and (if he's a good player) will gank everywhere. SA is my favorite counter pick to afk farm furions and ESPECIALLY radiance rushing syllabears. Give him a hero like Slithice (net>cloud) or SD (disrupt>SC>cloud) and he will even smash his lane with his damage. If you can give him a support that forces people to run away, he will kill them.

That said, late game and in a straight up fight he easily loses to many hyper carries (jugg). Anyone who can stand still and just look at him vastly cuts his damage down so he's on a limited timer to do as much damage as possible and get items before the enemy can afford to group up and put gem on a BKB'd carry. People don't like him much for this reason, I believe. Losing the game because you let it go on too long is always a bad feeling.

As a side note, the blame game in DotA community gets pretty old, I agree. I saw Merlini go rush BoT>radiance on jugg and can't believe I never considered that (only way to play now). Naturally, I had to farm for a bit after I got BoT and by the time I had relic at 18 minutes (I'd say BoT/relic at 18 is pretty decent farm) my team had already died 15 times total trying to push bottom tower. If you know your allies are top and mid, why do you try to 3 man push with 5 mia? And then you go and blame your hypercarry for farming 15 minutes into the game when it's your own fault for trying to team fight without a team. People need to learn that if they die, sure, it can be someone else's fault, but it will always be theirs as well. Die saving a carry? Sure, it's his fault for going out of position, but you still made the decision to jump in and get in the way. Die defending a tower team won't help with? Sure, they should've come, but you made the decision to die defending an already dead tower. Died in a team fight because someone else screwed up his spells? This one's the hardest to accept but there's always something else you could've done other than relying on other people. Maybe if you're in an organized team of 5 it's okay to rely on others, but in public games? Recipe for disaster if you ask me.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-04 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Holy shit im about to kill a puppy with the sheer amount of hatred ive stored up after my last game.

>on weaver trying to farm up
    >ES my support, keeps hitting the creeps maknig it impossible for me
    >doesnt deny once against a centaur noobrunner

>40minutes into the game courier isnt upgraded
    >no wards ever
    >blames me for everything (im 2-2-7 after he kept fucking up his stuns causing me to get assists)
    >his mouthbreathing friend joins in

GOD, can the influx of shit players please just leave. Dota 2's community was immense before they gave out 50k invites.

You call them shit players, I call them Russians. What you went through is NOTHING.

Have you ever:
    -got your courier killed over and over and over again intentionally by a greifing ally
    -get the items from the courier stolen/destroyed?
    -0/16 level 5 Oge Magi in minute 20
    -PA coming to you mid while you play Invoker and steals all your farm and experience?
    -seen "cyka"
    -seen "blyat"

I did, and they were all Russian. Surprisingly, when I went to the Asian servers all of these problems disappeared, and people were talking ENGLISH ...on an ASIAN sever, and not on the European ones. They were also drawing arrows on the minimap and not genitals. However there was lag. Horrible, tremendous lag.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-04 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    They were also drawing arrows on the minimap and not genitals.
    whats wrong with penises on minimap ;c ?

on a serious note, you are implaying that only russians are bad
    which is not true

and we already were warned about nation bashing so lets stop this topic now
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-04 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    >40minutes into the game courier isnt upgraded
    >no wards ever
    Buy them yourself. It's worth the gold even if you are playing a hard carry like Faceless Void. 200 gold completely prevents most ganks in pub games as people are far less likely to use smoke. You lose more than that if you die just a single time. They're pretty much the most OP (and cost effective) item in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    whats wrong with penises on minimap ;c ?

on a serious note, you are implaying that only russians are bad
    which is not true

and we already were warned about nation bashing so lets stop this topic now

I am not implying that but Jesus...lots of Russians+them not being able to talk English is a bad combination for a team game, on a server where you are expected to talk in English. This is why Blizzard did the right thing with the region lock. Even Riot did better.

Also, this guy has the guts to do this on stream. Hilarious : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZ_fctnakE
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-04 at 10:19 PM.

Even Riot did better.
    no, they didnt

region lock sucks
    EOT

Deleted
    no, they didnt

region lock sucks
    EOT

Yes, they did. My gameplay experience as well as many others' gameplay experience, has severely improved after English started to appear more often in chat.

Deleted
    Question: I cannot seem to understand how does Quick Buy works? Why would you drag those items in that box? Isn't there a stash?

Question: I cannot seem to understand how does Quick Buy works? Why would you drag those items in that box? Isn't there a stash?
    so you can use keybind to buy items and TP

Deleted
    You can bind a Quick buy button. I don't use that button, don't know where to bind it.. But i use it to buy stuff faster without having to find it in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    You can bind a Quick buy button. I don't use that button, don't know where to bind it.. But i use it to buy stuff faster without having to find it in the list.
    controls>items

Drag stuff there, bind a button to quick buy. Whenever you realize you're about to die, mash this button.

Deleted
    controls>items
    T.T

I mean what Button to bind it to... :P

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    T.T

I mean what Button to bind it to... :P
    ops ;d

for me its
    C -quickbuy
    V - sticky

if anyone need invite, pm me ur mail. thx

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOOO we finally got an Australian server! Good bye lag and hello Long queue times.
    Last edited by Adonkavic; 2013-01-05 at 07:45 AM.
    Man is just an animal trying to figure out how to kill time through his days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    As a side note, the blame game in DotA community gets pretty old, I agree. I saw Merlini go rush BoT>radiance on jugg and can't believe I never considered that (only way to play now). Naturally, I had to farm for a bit after I got BoT and by the time I had relic at 18 minutes (I'd say BoT/relic at 18 is pretty decent farm) my team had already died 15 times total trying to push bottom tower. If you know your allies are top and mid, why do you try to 3 man push with 5 mia? And then you go and blame your hypercarry for farming 15 minutes into the game when it's your own fault for trying to team fight without a team. People need to learn that if they die, sure, it can be someone else's fault, but it will always be theirs as well. Die saving a carry? Sure, it's his fault for going out of position, but you still made the decision to jump in and get in the way. Die defending a tower team won't help with? Sure, they should've come, but you made the decision to die defending an already dead tower. Died in a team fight because someone else screwed up his spells? This one's the hardest to accept but there's always something else you could've done other than relying on other people. Maybe if you're in an organized team of 5 it's okay to rely on others, but in public games? Recipe for disaster if you ask me.
    People will always prefer to think that it was someone else who fucked up and not themselves. Shifting blame is an easy way to achieve this, and it's the reason why often one player involuntarily turns into a scapegoat for the losing team so the other 4 can just blame for losing th game him and think they're still the best ever. Also, if 4 people in your team are dead and you're not, regardless of the situation it always seems to be your fault.

I have to say I don't like lane-carrying in a pub much when I'm solo-queuing. In my MMR people usually know how to support properly, but I've still had to ask whoever was laning with me to just leave the lane too many times. "Go gank mid or something." I'd rather support a bad carry than carry a bad support. Actually whenever I happen to be solo I usually prefer to just mid/offlane/jungle, but sadly random and team don't always let me do that.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-05 at 04:40 AM.

just had this awesome game where literally noone from my team even attempted to communicate in any way or form.
    it was a nightmare, I tell you.
    we were so raped, it is not even funny.
    no communication and no even a scrap of teamwork = gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah. I think I'm just about done playing Dota outside of in-houses or 5-stacks. It's just too frustrating to play a good game yourself, but still lose (badly) because the matchmaker handed you a bunch of windowlickers for teammates. And I'm not even talking about bad players - I don't care if they're bad, not really. I'm talking about players that are shit and have a shit attitude on top of it, the kinds that always scream about "feed" and how everyone else is bad, etc. Talk about making the game un-fun.

Ends up most times I play like one game and I'm like "ugh, this isn't even fun... back to WoT."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow