Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My life is now complete.
    why this cap is not in store ;c ?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Just had some possibly autistic Aussie screaming at me because I told him Viper isn't a carry :-/
    People usually aren't too pleased if you suggest to them they can't play unless you're subtle about it. This would be especially true if you utter nonsense.

He probably wasn't autistic though, I don't get the point of spewing insults to people where they aren't going to see them. Or just spewing insults in general.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-11 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    People usually aren't too pleased if you suggest to them they can't play unless you're subtle about it. This would be especially true if you utter nonsense.
    Yea I was wondering about that to. Viper is a pretty good carry. That's how I build him.

Deleted
    Seems like I'm not the only one who got yelled at today.

That's what I get for asking 3000 gold Ezalor for buying a pair of wards, shame on me !

The new set of Lina looks neat though but only with the cap, for wizard caps are awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea I was wondering about that to. Viper is a pretty good carry. That's how I build him.
    He's not a carry any more than Nightstalker or Spiritbreaker are carries. He's got a powerhouse midgame but he drops like a sack of rocks past that midgame sweet spot and basically becomes a debuff bot to soften up targets for a team's REAL carry.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not a carry any more than Nightstalker or Spiritbreaker are carries. He's got a powerhouse midgame but he drops like a sack of rocks past that midgame sweet spot and basically becomes a debuff bot to soften up targets for a team's REAL carry.
    Right. I think people are referring too often to performance in your average PUB where anybody could be a powerhouse against the right group. Hell we had a beyond Godlike Silencer last night that was basically soloing their entire team and letting everyone else push. Think he was nearing 50 kills before the other team just gave up and afk'd.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Right. I think people are referring too often to performance in your average PUB where anybody could be a powerhouse against the right group. Hell we had a beyond Godlike Silencer last night that was basically soloing their entire team and letting everyone else push. Think he was nearing 50 kills before the other team just gave up and afk'd.
    Silencer can carry though. Moreso than either NS or SB in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Silencer can carry though. Moreso than either NS or SB in my opinion.
    Agreed. Let's not forget that in low skill (note: anything other than skillcapped) games the carry usually just ends up being the guy who gets waaaaay more gold than anyone else. I've carried with Pugna just for fun before (his attack was a lot better in DotA1 imo). This won't work in TI3, but you can probably pull it off on a smurf account. It follows that Pugna is probably not actually a good carry, but that "carry" can be redefined as "strongest guy on the map" when the skill level discrepancy in a particular game is very large.

SB is a much better carry now that his bash can hit for some 200 or whatever damage. Viper is still not a good carry, as I have said in the past, the ability of a hero to carry is largely dependent on its attack modifiers. Drow gets extreme damage buffs, Sniper gets headshot and huge range, Luna gets glaive bounce and some damage, SA gets backstab, PL gets images, PA gets crits...in this sense, all Viper gets is 128 damage EXCEPT it doesn't actually work until they're almost already dead. You can only really expect an average of maybe 30-60 when it counts. Silencer is a fantastic carry because he will get 100+ PURE damage per hit from his glaives. Unfortunately, like other int carries (OD) he is completely crippled by enemy BKBs or a silence (ironic).

As far as Magnus goes...blink/bfury/buriza/MoM, AC if you still somehow haven't won.

Not sure, but you can get it from chests! I opened a chest and traded for ze hat.
    Which chest series was it? The holiday ones? I think I must have this.

Not sure, but you can get it from chests! I opened a chest and traded for ze hat.
    yeah i know but im unlucky so far ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Which chest series was it? The holiday ones? I think I must have this.
    I've got one of those chests lurking around in my inventory if you want it. Up to you to get a matching key, though!
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

How would you build gorgon? It seems like split shot + stats is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    shield/snake+stats
    split shot is a waste of skill points early on
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-11 at 09:25 PM.

Snake/stats, shield at 8, no point in keeping shield up at level 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I go stats at level 1, then mana shield to level 2-3 and ulti at level 6 if I am against a lane with killing potential(Like Tiny+Wisp etc) or against a trilane.

If on a lane where I am decently safe on I go stats level 1, then max snake asap. I go 1 point into manashield at level 3 for a safety-net, but stats at level 6 instead of ulti. Then get ulti/mana shield after skilling snake to full.

You are missing out on the Tiny carry in this Dignitas vs Liquid game Lysah:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    You are missing out on the Tiny carry in this Dignitas vs Liquid game Lysah:
    Satanic is new, but everything else is pretty standard. Tiny's scepter upgrade is really, really overpowered.

Satanic is new, but everything else is pretty standard. Tiny's scepter upgrade is really, really overpowered.
    you what mate

Its the only reason he can carry
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Its the only reason he can carry
    Why does he need to carry?