10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Dotabuff says I'm in the 88th percentile.
    By this logic, the people I'm matched with are also around the 88th percentile.
    This makes me sad for the state of the world.
    I'm awful at the game and it rates me at 72%. That's ridiculous.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Nah the system works probably somewhat fine
    One thing you have to remember is that due to matchmaking, you stop seeing the average players after a while. The majority that play this game are awful
    Like, 6 branches start awful. Intentionally running into 5 people thinking they can take them awful.
    At your MMR, the worst players you meet are probably still average
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    People seem to forget all the new players, the ones in low priority, the flamers, the low games accounts etc when they get surprised about their percentile. I had a guild mate who started playing Dota 2 for the first time about 3 weeks ago, he had no previous experience with Dota or anything similar, I spectated his game and damn... Everyone started with boots. You had people auto attacking from level 1. They didn't know shit about how to play the game.

People in the 70-90% percentile know the game at least to a decent level, they know what last hitting is, they know how to cast spells and they usually know that they shouldn't buy boots first. They know which heroes are support heroes, they know carry heroes and such.

If you're in the 70-90% percentile, why are you so surprised that you are "that" high? Don't you know what last hitting is? Have you not played most of the heroes at least once? Don't you know how most of the spells in the game work? Don't you know how items work?

@Hermanni What's your rating?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-01-25 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    @Hermanni What's your rating?
    2207. And something like 2093 on my alt.

But you're right, the rating thing still includes all accounts which means everyone who played maybe 10 games and quit, and the people who played MM for a few times but got scared back into only playing bots, and the hordes of people who are yet to realize autoattacking lanes and tanking towers at level 2 is bad. I watched my friend play dota for almost the first time in his life a few weeks ago and he was far from being the only one in the game who had hard time not getting killed by towers every 2 minutes.

How about yours? I thought I might be higher, but then again I haven't played much on main lately and games on my alt usually consist of pretty hardcore throwing.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-25 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    shouldn't buy boots first.
    idk man it works if you get pooled, don't hate.

If you're in the 70-90% percentile, why are you so surprised that you are "that" high? Don't you know what last hitting is? Have you not played most of the heroes at least once? Don't you know how most of the spells in the game work? Don't you know how items work?
    After checking, I'm surprised to find I've actually played 64 different heroes in matchmaking. Figured it'd be way lower than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    How about yours? I thought I might be higher, but then again I haven't played much on main lately and games on my alt usually consist of pretty hardcore throwing.
    2166. Just started playing on alt account because I'm queueing with two friends who are at 1600-1800 rating and the games with them on my main account was getting unbearable. It was like me against the world. I'm surprised my alt account got in the 95% percentile (around 1750 rating) after only about 30 games.

@Lycoris

I don't even buy boots first when I random heroes=S.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-01-25 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    @Lycoris

I don't even buy boots first when I random heroes=S.

Also, regarding DBR, stacking with people seem to get your DBR really high.
    It depends on the matchup. If I know the enemy are gonna be really squishy and my support doesn't have all that much control, I do it on Jugg. I also did it for Lich offlane once but eh. Not sure how worth it it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think this is what the average player should know? Shouldn't knowing this stuff define 50%, not 70%+?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

amg this DBR thing makes me all ragey and somewhat less cocky due to my lousy 1582 rating, which is still better than 88% others...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Viper Strike hits you even inside Phase Shift. Do they just want Viper to require literally no skill at all to play, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Apparently Viper Strike hits you even inside Phase Shift. Do they just want Viper to require literally no skill at all to play, or what?
    hide yo' kids, hide yo' wives!
    cuz Viper's rapin all the Pucks out there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    hide yo' kids, hide yo' wives!
    cuz Viper's rapin all the Pucks out there!
    Haha it was like "fuck, I died that time because I dodged the orb and not the ulti."

Then I dodged the ulti, come out of it still moving at a crawl and taking 100 damage poison ticks. Hooray for so much skill being required to play Viper, I guess.

Deleted
    Don't you think this is what the average player should know? Shouldn't knowing this stuff define 50%, not 70%+?
    From my Starcraft 2 ladder experience, no. The average player is really shit.
    I mean I'm fairly okay with my rating after looking at the ranges but I should not be in the second-highest bracket, the same way I never made it all that far into Diamond in SC2. Platinum should be split in half in my opinion but maybe that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my Starcraft 2 ladder experience, no. The average player is really shit.
    I mean I'm fairly okay with my rating after looking at the ranges but I should not be in the second-highest bracket, the same way I never made it all that far into Diamond in SC2. Platinum should be split in half in my opinion but maybe that's just me.
    SC2 ladder was so dumb. Terran basically autowins games by 1-T-A with MMM blobs until around Platinum, at which point they slam into a brick wall of Colossi and Infestors that people suddenly realize they can make.

Dotabuff says I'm in the 88th percentile.
    By this logic, the people I'm matched with are also around the 88th percentile.
    This makes me sad for the state of the world.
    https://dotabuff.com/players/93874877

99% brewski get on my level

I'm actually surprised at how low I am. 2300 is a joke when there are people who never solo queue at all and are at 2600. Proof that this rating is just as abusable as DotA1 public league MMR, that is, stack friends so you don't lose games and inflate your virtual penis.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-25 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    SC2 ladder was so dumb. Terran basically autowins games by 1-T-A with MMM blobs until around Platinum, at which point they slam into a brick wall of Colossi and Infestors that people suddenly realize they can make.
    Any strategy can win you games in lower leagues as long as you do it right. I stalled for Carriers and Mothership nearly every game.

That said, every league besides M and GM are around 20% of active players. If I made it into Diamond that puts me at 80% and I was shit. The average was just way shiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    https://dotabuff.com/players/93874877

99% brewski get on my level

I'm actually surprised at how low I am. 2300 is a joke when there are people who never solo queue at all and are at 2600.
    I'd get on your level but I don't have the time or energy.

Oh, you can't see other people's ratings, huh? I just noticed I was logged in when I checked mine.

i thought i would be more like 1550 or 1600 but i was also surprised to find out how many people suck ass

(96th percentile)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh, you can't see other people's ratings, huh? I just noticed I was logged in when I checked mine.
    You can if you pay them 6 bucks a month.

Or maybe you can't, I can't see anything about it on their page anymore.

You can if you pay them 6 bucks a month.

Or maybe you can't, I can't see anything about it on their page anymore.
    yea they redacted that one after people started to flame them for their business model on elobuff