Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Rupture CD is roughly the same as TP scroll, so actually, using it to force a TP is very useful. Not to mention if your team is ready to push the second you force warlock to TP you just got a free tower because their RoC is in base. By the time he gets back out into the fight he gets ruptured again and has to TP home - guess what, you either got a kill or removed him from the game regardless. And then, of course, you can go silence the Dazzle and they're out 2 heroes.
    The problem I see in this scenario is that said Warlock would in a tower-defending situation position firmly at or behind the tower, and if you Ruptured him he could easily stand his ground with his teammates without needing to TP at all, or if your team move in with you when you try to get in range to Bloodrage he can still just drop RoC and Bonds before you get close enough to silence him even if his team does nothing.

Mine doesn't seem to be totally about win rates, a couple of my 8-10ish heroes are negative, though I do admit if you graphed win rate versus "my performance" you'd likely get a positive correlation with almost everyone. Valve can just argue that you're more likely to win with heroes you're good at and their logic will hold =p
    You're not wrong, but if it takes in-game stats into account, I don't understand why they wouldn't give different values to winning and losing statistics. It's like how 4 out of 5 players in iG are currently ranked in the top5 best performing asian players... because they pretty much win every game.

Anyway, BS is fine. Bloodrage and rupture are two of the best spells in the game and I really can't believe the smack talk BS's toolkit is receiving in this thread. Even if you didn't move at all during rupture in a team fight it's still virtually a Lion/Lina ult with a force staff and will put a support down to 30% and force them to hold and not help their team just to stay alive. Not to mention he completely disables any spell caster he picks permanently and runs around at 500 movespeed because of that support hiding in the back ruptured at 20%. I've really never seen BS have a bad game, even when he gets stomped on early he can just jungle up an item or two and rupture > force staff + bloodrage will be worth a spot on the team.

Just don't trick yourself into thinking he can hard carry, he still needs a void to back him up.
    I'm just going to disagree, because outside of Rupture he seems rather useless in teamfights. Bloodrage isn't bad, but has awful range and is removable. If you Rupture a support but don't silence them, they probably can hold you off or be useful even when standing still, and if you both Bloodrage and Rupture a support to kill them you will have just blown your whole arsenal of utility to maybe kill a support and all there is left to do is to go hit someone like a wet towel. Or you can Rupture a more meaningful target, but then chances are they have enough HP or items to not care much. Was in a game a while ago where our Lone Druid built a Blademail and baited the Rupture on himself and then just walked the Bloodseeker to death. My experience would be that around 80% of the time I see Bloodseeker his team loses, and even when he wins it seems like his team could have done it 4v5.

Besides, I'd say Force Staff is a well overvalued item for him, it doesn't even do that much damage unless you get it and level 11 really quickly.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-03 at 07:55 AM.

Bloodrage awful range? Are we talking about the same hero?

Again, I wouldn't put BS on most teams, but that doesn't make him a bad hero. There are plenty of heroes we don't see picked much, but they're all very powerful under the proper conditions. I've never really had a bad game with BS - while he's not game changing like Void is, neither is Rubick.

Anyway, think of him like Lion. Both are disablers, both do significant damage with their ultimate. Bloodseeker can jungle and farm on his own and can clean up just about any hero in the game with his hunger and can mid. Lion can mid and be crappy lane support. You consider BS the worst hero in the game, where do you put Lion?

And if you're not getting force staff - what the hell else are you getting? BS does not have the damage to sit in the middle of a fight auto attacking. If you buy the damage, you lack the survivability. If you buy the survivability, you lack the damage. All you can really do is support. Force/blademail allows BS to 1v1 just about any hero who gets caught wandering. And if they wander in packs of 5 you have a free jungle and at least two lanes to free farm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Anyway, think of him like Lion. Both are disablers, both do significant damage with their ultimate. Bloodseeker can jungle and farm on his own and can clean up just about any hero in the game with his hunger and can mid. Lion can mid and be crappy lane support. You consider BS the worst hero in the game, where do you put Lion?
    I'd say Lion is with the rest, being just fine outside of situations where he doesn't have to support a team alone.

And if you're not getting force staff - what the hell else are you getting? BS does not have the damage to sit in the middle of a fight auto attacking. If you buy the damage, you lack the survivability. If you buy the survivability, you lack the damage. All you can really do is support. Force/blademail allows BS to 1v1 just about any hero who gets caught wandering. And if they wander in packs of 5 you have a free jungle and at least two lanes to free farm in.
    It really depends on the game, but then again I avoid having to play BS whenever I can. And I don't mean Force Staff is bad, but I often see people trying to get it around 20 minute mark and then proceed to help enemies get away with their FS because they had to do that extra 100 damage. I could name a slew of heroes who would beat Force/Blademail BS to pulp in 1v1 with anything close to equal farm, and well, even the heroes that couldn't beat him can still just casually TP out of such situation. I don't really see BS doing well without a solo lane, but such a lane just feels wasted on a hero that becomes irrelevant too quickly, and sitting in jungle while your efficiency should be peaking rarely seems to work out unless BS' team is already doing well 4v5. Only times when I see BS stay relevant in mid-late game is when they're way ahead in farm, and even then they often fail to contribute enough to fights.

And by the Bloodrage range I didn't mean that it's particularly short, just that combined with the shitty casting animation the range often isn't long enough to reliably get a silence on a well positioned target in a teamfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody else have a problem with the EU West servers being flooded with Russians? Every time I join a game it's full of them.
    Can I report them and if so how?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Does anybody else have a problem with the EU West servers being flooded with Russians? Every time I join a game it's full of them.
    "Being Russian" isn't really an offense, so reporting them won't do much. If it's intolerable I recommend you play with friends, or look for English-speaking matchmaking company in IRC or in-game channels. Or increase your MMR.

It kind of irks me how some people are always instantly reporting leavers. Surely people must realize that there's an entire system in place to track leaves, so it shouldn't be too difficult to understand reporting them is not only redundant but also a waste of your and someone else's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do ya guys think about Thrall? He is pretty fun to place, specially when you catch +4 in kinetic field and use static storm over them.. Oh the fun.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What do ya guys think about Thrall? He is pretty fun to place, specially when you catch +4 in kinetic field and use static storm over them.. Oh the fun.
    I'm more scared of his pull-back ability than cage + silence combo. He can easily take one of the other team out of combat compeletly in a push if they aint careful to tp right in front of him to def the tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    His lvl 2 and lvl 3 ulti needs a buff of some kind to make those points worth taking. Right now it's just some extra damage, and that damage isn't really all that impressive.

Otherwise he's great... Q gives vision and can do a lot of damage, and Glimpse is probably OP at level 4 with its range and cooldown. He's a really fun hero, but kinda sucks in pubs since he kind of requires your team to not all chase someone you're about to Glimpse back into the Static Storm rape pit.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Thrall - proving the best counters for Antimage are, in fact, mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    "Being Russian" isn't really an offense, so reporting them won't do much. If it's intolerable I recommend you play with friends, or look for English-speaking matchmaking company in IRC or in-game channels. Or increase your MMR.
    It's the language. I've signed up for EU Western so naturally I don't want or expect Russians in my game speaking a language nobody understands, they actually have their own server for that. It's not the people, it's the language that comes with them and while I'm sure there are many out there who do speak English there appear to be much more who just don't. The odd one isn't a problem at all, but it seems very common to have games full of them.
    The worst part is that if I google it I get a ton of results, so I know it's not some isolated occurrence.

Communication is a big part of the game and being unable to communicate with my team because they're in the wrong Region Matchmaking is frustrating.
    I do often play with friends, but sometimes I like to just solo queue and I shouldn't have my ability to communicate with my team put in jeopardy because a large group of people can't simply select their own region from the filters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    His lvl 2 and lvl 3 ulti needs a buff of some kind to make those points worth taking. Right now it's just some extra damage, and that damage isn't really all that impressive.

Otherwise he's great... Q gives vision and can do a lot of damage, and Glimpse is probably OP at level 4 with its range and cooldown. He's a really fun hero, but kinda sucks in pubs since he kind of requires your team to not all chase someone you're about to Glimpse back into the Static Storm rape pit.
    Yea would be nice if they buffed the damage Static Storm just a tad.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

It's the language. I've signed up for EU Western so naturally I don't want or expect Russians in my game speaking a language nobody understands, they actually have their own server for that. It's not the people, it's the language that comes with them and while I'm sure there are many out there who do speak English there appear to be much more who just don't. The odd one isn't a problem at all, but it seems very common to have games full of them.
    The worst part is that if I google it I get a ton of results, so I know it's not some isolated occurrence.

Communication is a big part of the game and being unable to communicate with my team because they're in the wrong Region Matchmaking is frustrating.
    I do often play with friends, but sometimes I like to just solo queue and I shouldn't have my ability to communicate with my team put in jeopardy because a large group of people can't simply select their own region from the filters.
    Well, you can always give feedback to Valve, but playing in servers outside of your "region" is still not really a reportable offense. Honestly, I play solo queue from time to time and usually only communicate with a series of pings and everything goes just fine, but then again I rarely see people who don't seem to even understand English.

But like I said, if you absolutely want to ensure your team speaks English, you can try joining in game channels like #reddit and look for MM company of your own level.

Glimpse is soooo strong. Should nearly almost be maxed first. Its also super annoying

Deleted
    Unfortunately yeah, it's a very common problem. Your best bet is to find some friends to play with, even if you don't have a 5-stack it at least reduces your chances of meeting an entire team that can't speak a word of English.

It has been long time since I pick clinkz. I didn't know attack animation of this hero was this much clunky. You can literally cancel half of the animation.

Deleted
    Attack Duration: 0.7+0.3
    Nope, doesn't look like literally half from where I'm sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Attack Duration: 0.7+0.3
    Nope, doesn't look like literally half from where I'm sitting.
    I was exaggerating. People in this thread make me facepalm. Something is wrong with comprehension level in this thread. I don't know why.

Either way the animation is pretty clunky compared to other heroes.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-04 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    well yeah, the part where he raises his bow is pretty slow.
    but it is balanced 'cause Strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well yeah, the part where he raises his bow is pretty slow.
    but it is balanced 'cause Strafe.
    That's true. Just like Traxex, Clinkz's attack animation is pretty clunky. Both are balanced with extra attack speed from skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I was exaggerating. People in this thread make me facepalm. Something is wrong with comprehension level in this thread. I don't know why.

Protip: Literally is not a word you use for exaggerations.