Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    As a random question about Dota, if I'm not mistaken in the original Dota there was a Mountain King? If so does anybody know if there's any plans to release one in Dota 2?
    I'm not sure if I'm right in my assumption, I'm just a bit of Dwarf fan .
    Zeus' in-game model was the one of Mountain King.

Deleted
    As a random question about Dota, if I'm not mistaken in the original Dota there was a Mountain King? If so does anybody know if there's any plans to release one in Dota 2?
    I'm not sure if I'm right in my assumption, I'm just a bit of Dwarf fan .
    mayb u mean zeus? he is a dwarf id say but not the "strong" kind by which i mean like a mountain king. more like a dwarf priest
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2013-02-06 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    mayb u mean zeus? he is a dwarf id say but not the "strong" kind by which i mean like a mountain king. more like a dwarf priest
    Zeus being the king of a mountain makes perfectly logical sense though...

mountain king

zeus

same model

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I prefer those games. Verbose people who're social and talkative during the time we play. Even if we get stomped and steamrolled - It's fun. It's a social activity and you're just playing a game together, who cares if you win or not! I've had some pretty darn chill opponents who've been cool and talkative. I love those games, way more fun.
    well, I try to find joy in everything, be it a good game or a pathetic defeat.
    if we win - I am happy due to the fact, and when we lose due to enemy team being better, well , it was a good game then, I've had fun during the game, and if we lose 'cause of retarded teammates who dont speak/think/see - well, I can always have some fun insulting them in a way which is both funny(for me) and grave(for them)

tl;dr is - no matter what you do, always try to find joy in what you do :P
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-02-06 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hence why everyone gripes about wanting some way to ensure everyone in a match shares a common language
    Could always go the route of FFXI, and have a built in translator... tho FFXI was a bit easier as it was just English and Japanese... and the options of words were limited.... but that lead to great creative translations on both parts... was an interesting experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Ah okay. Bit of shame that Zeus is the complete opposite to Mountain King, at least what I thought the Mountain King was like (Avatar, Stormbolt) although I suppose that's more like Sven.

Deleted
    Ah okay. Bit of shame that Zeus is the complete opposite to Mountain King, at least what I thought the Mountain King was like (Avatar, Stormbolt) although I suppose that's more like Sven.
    But Zeus is the king of a mountain. How does it not make sense. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.
    Please no i do not want to play every game with eastern europe countries -.-

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Please no i do not want to play every game with eastern europe countries -.-
    Region lock would make me quit dota 2 and return to org DotA.

Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless. There's really no reason not to region lock in solo queue MM, unless they're really worried about queue times or something.
    There's absolutely no reason to region lock MM. It would hurt players a lot more than help them, and I really doubt it will happen. Some kind of language filter is currently being worked on by Valve, but how restrictive it will be is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to region lock MM. It would hurt players a lot more than help them, and I really doubt it will happen. Some kind of language filter is currently being worked on by Valve, but how restrictive it will be is another thing.
    Only problem with language filters... is people will still check them... even if they don't speak the language. The reasons could be vast, though I bet the highest ones will always be trolling and larger pool of players meaning better chance of getting good team mates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think there should be a way to surrender if all teammates agree to do it. Sometimes you are just hopeless behind call GG stand afk in base and the otherteam will farm items and xp and when then they are high level enough to do that they go farm us in fountain and we have to wait untill creeps have destroyed the base. A surrender option based on how long time have you played, how many kills are you behind, how many levels are you behind. It's so lame to sit around 20 minuts to wait for the team to destroy your base so you can move onto a new game.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Only problem with language filters... is people will still check them... even if they don't speak the language. The reasons could be vast, though I bet the highest ones will always be trolling and larger pool of players meaning better chance of getting good team mates.
    Yes, I really doubt the language filter can be directly enforced, but it has the implication that they could flag some servers as English-speaking servers and make not speaking English in them reportable, and then prevent reported players from playing on them for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Well like I mentioned I'm probably confusing myself, but I was implying this bloke - http://classic.battle.net/war3/human...tainking.shtml. The only good mountain king, is a Dwarf mountain king!
    I said I had no idea if he was ever put into the original DOTA, but I thought given how they were all characters from WC3 that he'd be in there.
    The mountain king I had in mind is a dual wielding brawler, whereas Zeus is a glass cannon.

DOTA 2 needs another Dwarf character!
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-06 at 04:45 PM.

Obviously, but lack of communication can make even competent players largely useless.
    ixmike88 doesn't own a microphone and does not speak when they scrim with TL

Well like I mentioned I'm probably confusing myself, but I was implying this bloke - http://classic.battle.net/war3/human...tainking.shtml. The only good mountain king, is a Dwarf mountain king!
    I said I had no idea if he was ever put into the original DOTA, but I thought given how they were all characters from WC3 that he'd be in there.
    The mountain king I had in mind is a dual wielding brawler, whereas Zeus is a glass cannon.

DOTA 2 needs another Dwarf character!
    Dwarven Sniper

Zeus, King of Mountain Olympus.

No, I'm not seeing mountain king anywhere in that. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Maybe you should see a psychiatrist.
    Oh, okay. Are you free?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ixmike88 doesn't own a microphone and does not speak when they scrim with TL
    Obvious casual.

Oh, okay. Are you free?
    No I charge the same as everyone else.