Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Played one game today, there was a pause in the middle of it.
    It must be 100% of the time then.

Case closed

Played one game today, there was a pause in the middle of it.
    I think I played 4 or 5, and there might have been a pause in one. I don't know, maybe we're just playing a different game.

I can't say I have very good luck. Anyone who knows me can back up this statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I would say that is a bit odd, because 80% of pauses I see are of players having gameplay/bug issues in the beginning of a game, at least according to themselves.
    Ditto. I almost never see a pause in the first few minutes of the game if it isn't related to a random disconnect/crash or some kind of bug. Most of the time games go off without a hitch.

I don't really care if someone has to pause; it's ridiculous to be an asshole and unpause because you lack some fucking patience and civility.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ditto. I almost never see a pause in the first few minutes of the game if it isn't related to a random disconnect/crash or some kind of bug. Most of the time games go off without a hitch.

I don't really care if someone has to pause; it's ridiculous to be an asshole and unpause because you lack some fucking patience and civility.
    if you dont unpause ASAP, you dont respect your own time kukuku ;>

10+ Year Old Account
    A player on enemy team d/c's. - You patiently await when they reconnect.
    A player on your team d/c's. - No one notices this or pauses the game. If you do pause, enemy team instantly unpauses the game.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    A player on enemy team d/c's. - You patiently await when they reconnect.
    A player on your team d/c's. - No one notices this or pauses the game. If you do pause, enemy team instantly unpauses the game.
    Sounds about right.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I'm going to make a list of all pauses I endure and for what reason over today, while its my day off and I have no plans in this shit weather except to be the laziest soba ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm going to make a list of all pauses I endure and for what reason over today, while its my day off and I have no plans in this shit weather except to be the laziest soba ever.
    Honestly, man... have you ever just considered going out and getting laid?

You seem really stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Honestly, man... have you ever just considered going out and getting laid?

You seem really stressed.
    I like how I am a "bad" part of the community, when most of you just resort to epithets. I think you are deluding yourself over just how good you are as a member of the community.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how I am a "bad" part of the community, when most of you just resort to epithets. I think you are deluding yourself over just how good you are as a member of the community.
    Troll elsewhere, please.

Calling troll is not permitted. Report and move on.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-13 at 03:16 PM.

matchIDs would be sufficient info, just so, you know, we can actually make an opinion based on facts and not just what your PoV is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    matchIDs would be sufficient info, just so, you know, we can actually make an opinion based on facts and not just what your PoV is.
    Certainly, I shall provide match id's, seeming as you don't seem to trust that I am quite legitimately frustrated at the amount of pauses and pause time, per game.

I can't say I have very good luck. Anyone who knows me can back up this statement.
    I have a friend whose enemies apparently are always extremely lucky and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that after every time he dies. Maybe some day I'll have to queue with you to see if everyone and everything is a shade more terrible in your games or if it simply boils down to perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend whose enemies apparently are always extremely lucky and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that after every time he dies. Maybe some day I'll have to queue with you to see if everyone and everything is a shade more terrible in your games or if it simply boils down to perspective.
    I'm convinced the gods hate me when I play Axe.

I admit I don't check the other sites, but I have never even heard of this bug outside of a couple of complaints in this thread.

The last time I heard of a shop bug in the confines of the game was all the way back during the halloween event.
    thread moved fast.... I used to be like you lysah, didn't think it really existed out side of a few instances.... then a couple weeks back before troll was released.... bug happened to me. Thing was... it wasn't just me, it was also 3 others on my team. I've only seen it that one time (knock on wood)

I am confused how you claim that a 1 minute afk is an ungodly abuse of your precious time, but then you are dedicating a whole day to make a case study about your pause experiences and post them here. Perhaps your time is not as valuable as you think it is?

Like Pizza suggested, maybe you should just chill out a little, go for a walk, de-stress a bit. If pauses in dota are getting you this worked up, I think you may have a problem.

Deleted
    Oh Dota thread, if not for pointless arguing and opinionated drivel, what would we do?

Have you ever played against a team with a Slardar, Faceless Void and Troll Warlord? I don't think the bashes will ever leave my nightmares. I was certain I was going to develop a stutter.

Everyone has always been free to see my DotA life. From what I understand, most people don't want to.

This thread is getting a little out of hand. If you guys and girls can't discuss the game or its issues without devolving into snide remarks or insults, I suggest you "hit pause" on your posting and AFK until you cool down.