Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    FYI Chronosphere aka bullshit ulti is the most lame ass ulti.
    yes, but it depends on situation and how good the player is in positioning it. Against a team of High hp heros, or those that focused on it... yep you betcha bull shit lame ass ulti... against a team that has a lot of squishy high nuke heros... yup bull shit ulty... for them!

I still can't figure out why they sit on TC or Terrorblade or Abaddon (well I suppose TC can be problematic with them not being able to use Blizzard names and all) while adding heroes that are way "newer" ergo the ones that community has less experience with and is less used to.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    I still can't figure out why they sit on TC or Terrorblade or Abaddon (well I suppose TC can be problematic with them not being able to use Blizzard names and all) while adding heroes that are way "newer" ergo the ones that community has less experience with and is less used to.
    Valve works in teams. There are very few employees directed to one specific project. IceFrog and ChrisC are two of these, for Dota 2. Most other people come and go as they please (most typically after an idea is finished). As such, multiple heroes are being worked on by multiple people. We've seen heroes go unchanged for ages and being promptly ignored while they surprise us with heroes that didn't even have much data in the game files previously. The main deciding reason behind what heroes are released is probably how many people find it an interesting project. I suppose it could also have to do with voice actors and their availability.

I do seriously doubt that they consider how new heroes are when releasing them, however. Goblin Techies is probably going to be the last one added, since he is getting an overhaul before that. That's what I've read, either way.

Deleted
    I hope Abaddon gets implemented soon, i just loved that heroe. Also he could beat the crap out of pubs, since most players would not pay attention when you should be hitting him and when not, i think

But Tusk doesnt ring a bell, i have to look that one up ...

I don't know, I kind of like playing against a Faceless Void. Nothing more satisfying than Disrupting him every time he pops Chronosphere, until he buys a BKB and you move on to always Disrupting his target, until he saves Chronosphere just to kill that support SD and then you know you've done your job well.

The problem is, void doesn't even need to do anything with chrono. If he hits 3+ people with it his team will win the team fight just because they can't do anything they want with that ridiculous set up.

Of course, getting killed from full health as a manta/heart/radiance/diffu PL before you can fight back only makes it more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I was under the impression Jakiro's ult is nothing special in damage department, am I wrong?
    It is good. But it requires team organisation so that you can get the enemy team to stand in it and then stay in it. Magnus would have to be your best friend in this instance as he could skewer a whole team into it then stun them. Or Engima's Black Hole would work.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-14 at 08:34 AM.

Looking forward to Tusk on live.

Also, his voice sounds exactly like the announcer for the Greeveling. Though I don't think his voice fits his character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The problem is, void doesn't even need to do anything with chrono. If he hits 3+ people with it his team will win the team fight just because they can't do anything they want with that ridiculous set up.

Of course, getting killed from full health as a manta/heart/radiance/diffu PL before you can fight back only makes it more fun.
    I always tell support to stay a little back, and always tell them to buy force staff.

With good scouting, a ranged stun or hex, and a force staff, chrono is rarely a problem. Stuns early game and if he builds bkb, by the time he's done you will have force staff to use to save allies.

In pubs void tends to destroy, and although he is obviously not easy to counter, he is rarely a problem compared to other heros like magnus or sven, who just seem to become machines in the right setup (particularly the setup that includes magnus and sven rofl).

TLDR; I'd rather they have void than magnus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Does Force Staff-ing people out of Chronosphere remove the stun? Or are they still stunned for the full duration even if not inside the sphere?

These things should be self-explanatory, but you never know.

you cant forcestaff heroes out of chrono (buy you can frocestaff void)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-14 at 10:10 AM.

Gotcha. That sucks, but I guess it would be too easy to get out of it.

yeah but before that nerf/buff void was a very rare pick (melee carries used to be considered trash pick)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-14 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    .Also, his voice sounds exactly like the announcer for the Greeveling. Though I don't think his voice fits his character at all.
    I think it's been known for quite a while that Tusk was the announcer for The Greeveling, at least I was told ages ago that it was supposedly him. But yeah I agree on the voice part. It sounds odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    haha oh boy

VP vs. Empire just started, casted here. These guys are such great drafters..
    Is there any schedule where you can see when the tournaments are being played and a link you can go to if you wanna watch it? I'd like to see more of the pro players play but I find it hard to know when they are playing.

if you look at that video you'll see that the icons for players is bigger than normal, how do you enhance the size of them?
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2013-02-14 at 02:15 PM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Is there any schedule where you can see when the tournaments are being played and a link you can go to if you wanna watch it? I'd like to see more of the pro players play but I find it hard to know when they are playing.
    Dota 2 subreddit has a list of upcoming matches in the sidebar, or you could check out Teamliquid's calendar or joindota or gosugamers. Now that own3d.tv is no more, you can pretty much find all the streams at http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dota%202. Fnatic vs Na´Vi should be the 'biggest' game of the night along with Mousesports vs Virtus Pro.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-14 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha. That sucks, but I guess it would be too easy to get out of it.
    But you can swap out (Veng) a carry who gets pounded by a Faceless in Chronosphere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    But yeah I agree on the voice part. It sounds odd to me.
    Kinda sounds like a... troll? I dunno. I imagined Tusk to sound like a more nomad-y version of Brewmaster. Right now, he just sounds more "thin" than he is, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But you can swap out (Veng) a carry who gets pounded by a Faceless in Chronosphere!
    That's nice, though anyone with any reaction time at all will just proceed to beat on Vengeful instead. She isn't that tanky, is she?
    (I'm no pro at Dota.)

Losing VS still beats losing PL...although I would argue that no ult should be such a free kill. Might as well just important the ults from ToB that do infinite damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sounds like a... troll? I dunno. I imagined Tusk to sound like a more nomad-y version of Brewmaster. Right now, he just sounds more "thin" than he is, if you know what I mean.

That's nice, though anyone with any reaction time at all will just proceed to beat on Vengeful instead. She isn't that tanky, is she?
    (I'm no pro at Dota.)
    Well, i remember swapping out of Chronosphere our Shadow Fiend when he had ~100 health left, and Void had his gap closer on CD. SF was out of range of Chronosphere and started hitting Void (by that time Chorosphere ended and we was free), i stunned Void and we have got an shutdown.
    And if you die to save your farmed carry, your death will be avenged.

Oh, and i played Doom Bringer today. Last time i played him his Devour made him visible for other team. I was on short line against blood seeker and Yournero, at 5 level (when Lvl? Death shined for me) I ate a big wolf and have got his +30% damage aura and 2.0 crit strike. Yournero died from 2 crits while bladestorming (his friend buffed me bloodcraze, or how this silence+damage boost called, so my crits was ~400 at 6 level) and BS took only 1 hit + Doom. He died somewhere near their base.
    Also, Doom Bringers ult is the best ult ever, it rends useless almost anyone (if you add there Banes attack damage debuff, you will literally render enemy unit useless) due to disabling all skills (and some passive skills too) AND doing tons of damage to it over 16 seconds.

Other game, enemy had fed Tinker who destroyed almost anyone with laser+rearm+laser+rocket. When i finally met him on battlefield and used ult on him, he died. He tried to run away and died (no one even touched him, it was only Doom, and maybe 2-4 hits from ranged creeps), the single ult made him useless for 16 seconds and killed him
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-14 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.