Deleted
    well also my gold never got over 500 or so before I was hunted down, and once she was on my screen I was 100% dead. I tried jungling, laning, turtling, and couldnt buy any new items any way.

Ward up and watch your map so you can see her coming. If you see her going to gank a lane have allies teleport and jump on her when she doesn't expect it. QoP generally has to use her blink to position herself for a gank and she is a VERY easy kill when her blink is on cooldown. Heroes like Drow can typically kill her in 3 auto attacks, she is only relevant as long as she can blink away. Stun or silencer her or jump on her when blink is on cooldown and she's dead.

Let her get 35,000 gold ahead of you and yeah, you're probably in for a hard time. The key is to not let her be worth more than your entire team combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Just pop it when she blinks in, so she will get damage from her Scream and Wave back, usually that's enough to shut her down.
    The point of building Blademail is to punish heroes with AoE damage, or to shut down Satanic user.
    And i guess you never used blademail against Mortred, Crit with fountain of blood and... she died.

And now i wonder if blademail will still deal damage to those who are attacking Shallow Graved hero with blademail turned on
    If we're talking about a QoP that is well ahead she doesn't need to care about a single BM even if she doesn't have BKB, unless you somehow eat her ulti combo with several of those and then she'll die having done her job. And I don't usually like to bet my game on my enemies being bad or doing huge mistakes so I'd expect a PA to either have BKB or ability to not attack a BM without it.

Blademail was the bane of my shopkeeper quiz though, I didn't even feel like playing it because I thought I'd easily know them all, but because I build BM once in a blue moon I had no idea what goes in it save for Chainmail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I'm the only one that is so close on uninstalling the game? The game is great fun, but when you lose 5 fights in a row you really wanna kill yourself. Game is great fun when you play with friends and if you choose to go alone you get your ass kicked. My wins are from when I play with my friends and my loose are when I queue up alone. I always end up with the players such as the classic Pugde that can't hook. Sure I sometimes have bad games but I don't feel it's to the point where I cost us the game. That is the only downside about DotA and I think they should implant a system that if you queue alone you go up against people who did queue alone. If you queued as 3 you would end up against other 3 guys that queued as team and then 2 randoms or something like that. I think that would balaence it out because when it's 5 public players vs 5 friends you'll have your ass kicked. Atleast thats the experiance I have.. (I queue up for the 20 random heroes you can pick)
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Shopkeeper quiz is funny, it thought Skadi had a recipe for a few days.

hmm I always thought blademail just worked on melee attacks ^^
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Am I'm the only one that is so close on uninstalling the game? The game is great fun, but when you lose 5 fights in a row you really wanna kill yourself. Game is great fun when you play with friends and if you choose to go alone you get your ass kicked. My wins are from when I play with my friends and my loose are when I queue up alone. I always end up with the players such as the classic Pugde that can't hook. Sure I sometimes have bad games but I don't feel it's to the point where I cost us the game. That is the only downside about DotA and I think they should implant a system that if you queue alone you go up against people who did queue alone. If you queued as 3 you would end up against other 3 guys that queued as team and then 2 randoms or something like that. I think that would balaence it out because when it's 5 public players vs 5 friends you'll have your ass kicked. Atleast thats the experiance I have.. (I queue up for the 20 random heroes you can pick)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't get mad all the time when playing. I don't deny that I might occasionally be a bit frustrated, but it getting to a point where I rage quit a game has happened like once in Dota 2 and once in DotA. Personally I think I win more easily if I queue alone than with friends (not that I care about winning nearly enough to prefer solo queue), though it kind of has a lot to do with queuing with a group of rather uneven players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't get mad all the time when playing. I don't deny that I might occasionally be a bit frustrated, but it getting to a point where I rage quit a game has happened like once in Dota 2 and once in DotA. Personally I think I win more easily if I queue alone than with friends (not that I care about winning nearly enough to prefer solo queue), though it kind of has a lot to do with queuing with a group of rather uneven players.
    You're not alone. For me personally, my raging teammates are actually more frustrating than anything thats happening in the game. I had to stop playing with my friends because their rage was too frustrating. I dont get why people play these games when every 2nd or 3rd game makes them explode in incoherrent rage. When I'm not listening to them over voice I can at least imagine them as someone sitting in front of his PC with a bored look while typing obscenities but when I hear someone shout over the mic I have to wonder whether he is spending his gaming time wisely
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You're not alone. For me personally, my raging teammates are actually more frustrating than anything thats happening in the game. I had to stop playing with my friends because their rage was too frustrating. I dont get why people play these games when every 2nd or 3rd game makes them explode in incoherrent rage. When I'm not listening to them over voice I can at least imagine them as someone sitting in front of his PC with a bored look while typing obscenities but when I hear someone shout over the mic I have to wonder whether he is spending his gaming time wisely
    So what if someone is more... volatile in expressing their feelings? Maybe they feel same about you, because you look to them like you just dont care about the game and question your time spent playing the game? I would think its better to let off some steam and have a good rage over the game rather than bottling it up and then lashing on first person that comes through your door or venting on forums (where R U Pizza?) If your friends raging into mic is such inconvenience, just ask them to use push to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    So what if someone is more... volatile in expressing their feelings? Maybe they feel same about you, because you look to them like you just dont care about the game and question your time spent playing the game? I would think its better to let off some steam and have a good rage over the game rather than bottling it up and then lashing on first person that comes through your door or venting on forums (where R U Pizza?) If your friends raging into mic is such inconvenience, just ask them to use push to talk.
    I dont really believe the whole "if you bottle up your rage you're going to lash out at someone innocent sooner or later" thing. Its entirely possible to be calm all the time without exploding like a psychopath one day. Theres also a difference between being passionate and screaming everytime someone on the team makes a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I don't really care about people expressing themselves, I often exclaim loudly myself even if it is for other reasons than genuine anger. And listening to grown ass men rage at the top of their voices is usually good entertainment. I just see so much people who seem to be perpetually angry in this game that I have to wonder why they keep playing or don't try to find another approach. Most of the time I enjoy myself when I play, certainly some games aren't nearly as fun or intetesting as others but some of the more fun games I've played have ended up as losses.

But people who constantly lose their shit in a not good at all way, be it VOIP or chat, are pretty much the only kind of people I tend to avoid playing with.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-05 at 09:06 PM.

So what the fuck is going on. I played some Dota before going on a raid in WoW. Raid finished, I want to play some Dota again. I start the game, it says that game client is out of date. I close Dota and nothing is downloading. I restart Steam and nothing is downloading. I restart pc and nothing is downloading. I can't play the game cause it's seemingly out of date BUT NO UPDATE IS SHOWING UP OR DOWNLOADING.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    So what the fuck is going on. I played some Dota before going on a raid in WoW. Raid finished, I want to play some Dota again. I start the game, it says that game client is out of date. I close Dota and nothing is downloading. I restart Steam and nothing is downloading. I restart pc and nothing is downloading. I can't play the game cause it's seemingly out of date BUT NO UPDATE IS SHOWING UP OR DOWNLOADING.
    You're not alone, give it a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I dont really believe the whole "if you bottle up your rage you're going to lash out at someone innocent sooner or later" thing. Its entirely possible to be calm all the time without exploding like a psychopath one day. Theres also a difference between being passionate and screaming everytime someone on the team makes a mistake.
    I dont believe there is anyone who plays dota that doesnt from time to time mutters to himself "what the fuck did that noob just do?" So no, I dont think its entirely possible to be perfectly calm all the time unless he is lobotomized. Only difference is how people express their feelings. And like I said, if someone rages all the time, mute him, if your friend rages all the time, make him use push to talk to keep his venting to himself.

I dont believe there is anyone who plays dota that doesnt from time to time mutters to himself "what the fuck did that noob just do?" So no, I dont think its entirely possible to be perfectly calm all the time unless he is lobotomized. Only difference is how people express their feelings. And like I said, if someone rages all the time, mute him, if your friend rages all the time, make him use push to talk to keep his venting to himself.
    Last time I checked maintaining your calm and composure and lacking brain function were quite different things.

I only get mad at friends because I know they can do better. I don't get mad at randos - they might really be that bad and it might be incurable. I get mad at matchmaking for putting them in my game.

Last time I checked maintaining your calm and composure and lacking brain function were quite different things.
    But maintaning composure just doesnt equal being calm, its just pretending to be calm, which was my entire point.

Burt I dont think those constant ragers are as common, atleast not at the MMR levels Im playing at. Yes, I get to play with some of them, just today I got one, that was raging since 3rd minute, writing in allchat "ff pls" and just being pessimist for good 20 minutes. Well, we won in the end and how satisfying was it to get from him "wp guys, I didnt think we could turn it around, I was wrong" (not like he actually won us the game, but still)
    The hardest rager I have ever seen so far was when I watched EternalEnvys stream, he raged like ALOT, on himself mostly, but god, I had to close it in 30 minutes. I have never played with anyone with that much raging going on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I have decided to unistall it, I dont feel I have the time to learn everything including its different controls, im enjoying a couple of LoL games a week i will stick to that. It seems the kind of game you need to really commit to to be halfway decent and I dont tend to play games to death like that. Not saying its a bad game just not for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I only get mad at friends because I know they can do better. I don't get mad at randos - they might really be that bad and it might be incurable. I get mad at matchmaking for putting them in my game.
    Well that's not bad, it's probably better anyway to let them know what went wrong so they might possibly do better in the future than just let everything slip and hope for better luck next time. If I did something badly, or simply played in a way that irritated people I play with regularly I'd rather hear about it sooner than later, too.

I don't see much reason to make unhelpful comments to randoms about their play, chances of them improving their play drastically because someone is raging at them is next to zero, and chances of them becoming distracted and playing worse because they have to rage back are much better.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:50 PM ----------

But maintaning composure just doesnt equal being calm, its just pretending to be calm, which was my entire point.
    I kind of worded that poorly, obviously they're different things which is why I probably shouldn't have used the word composure at all. However my point was that maintaining calm, whether it takes any active effort or not, and lacking brain function are still different things.

Playing with or against EE in MM has never been too positive of an experience for me, and the one time I tried to watch his stream I didn't last nearly as long as you did. Few days ago I went to play a few games in the morning and despite queuing alone was matched twice against EE and his 5-stack of all-out tryhards. Managed to win the second one despite them trilaning and picking all their heroes and went to do something else because I didn't feel like playing them again, logged back to dota an hour or two later and got instantly matched against the same infernal stack.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-05 at 09:56 PM.

Well that's not bad, it's probably better anyway to let them know what went wrong so they might possibly do better in the future than just let everything slip and hope for better luck next time. If I did something badly, or simply played in a way that irritated people I play with regularly I'd rather hear about it sooner than later, too.

I don't see much reason to make unhelpful comments to randoms about their play, chances of them improving their play drastically because someone is raging at them is next to zero, and chances of them becoming distracted and playing worse because they have to rage back are much better.
    I think people sometimes tend to ignore constructive criticism during the game but then actually heed the advice for future games. I think they're too proud/self-absorbed to own up to doing something incorrectly when they're called out on it, but hopefully will adjust in future games. Maybe that's just me being naive. For example, recently was in a game with an omniknight who bought a soul ring of course, yet had no idea he should use the soul ring before healing. It wasn't a case of him being iffy on health and didn't want to risk not being topped off. He just had zero idea how SR worked. I tried explaining it to him, he of course disagreed and became upset because I was correcting him and he suggested I worry about my own hero. That's pretty much exactly how I expected the exchange to go. But some hopeful part of me thinks that maybe his next time using a soul ring, he'll try out what I said when he doesn't have to face the "embarassment" of being wrong in a video game.

At least.. I hope this happens sometimes.