Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NA breaks him like he breaks any other burst hero. Nothing like reflecting a double edge and watching centaur hit himself for 800 damage.
    Carapace just bothers the hell out of me because it affects even "passive" damage sources like Veno's poison sting, March of Machines, etc - so you can basically be rewarded for bad play. I've gotten a Jakiro killed by intentionally walking into an Ice Path I dodged. That just feels really stupid to me.

Also:

Those picks. Lion, OD, Weaver. Also, Clockwerk is really strong; I'm not sure why you think he isn't. He's so tanky with almost no items, and even does a lot of damage if he can snatch a single target in a cogs with battery assault up, though that damage doesn't scale into the late game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Played 11 games or so last few days, like 9 wins 2 loses or so, and frankly a surrender option needs to be implemented asap, both loses were the same reason, 0-3 in less than 2 mins and leave, or the opposite time had one of those.

Out of the 11 games only 2 of them can be called games, the rest was some feeder trash on each team that left, it was a game over already with scores like 10-0 in 12mins on carry with something like 20-1 or 20-2 overall score but generally people leave games A LOT compared to any other moba, either implement a surrender option or a severe punishment for leaving.

As example my last game, 2mins ago and the second lose.. fails picks, QoP went bottom solo 0-1 15 seconds after creeps arrived the lane 0-2, 20 seconds after, has left the game..I left the game at minute 5:55, aka 5 mins after he left, those kind of retards need a proper punishment considering he leveled Q instead of blink on solo lane QoP but yeah, community is fine, only everyone just leaves and barely any game is played properly!

@pizza
    Try being centaur.

Jungling them creeps, suddenly NA ult. Stunned, getting ready to move, expecting that carapace, sure enough there it is BUT WAIT - when he auto attacks you, you do damage to him with return so you're instantly stunned again. 7 seconds of stun you literally can't avoid. Nice.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

If you're still wondering why that CK isn't being picked - besides the obvious answer of trend shifting - just take a look at heroes that are popular now. Then consider how you usually deal with CK. You can AoE his illusions. You can jump him before he can ulti or BKB - heroes like Void or Sven could just BKB up and not give a fuck (assuming you didn't kill them), but if you take away CK's HP before he can ult his fight is pretty much over. Or you can just control or outmaneuver his ultimate like Lysah said.

KotL is a top pick and between Illuminate, Mana Leak and Blinding Light he pretty much shits on CK. Heroes like Batrider can initiate on him. Between those 2 and Magnus, Nyx, QoP, Gyro, Luna and Puck I would hesitate to pick CK, too.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    everyone just leaves and barely any game is played properly!
    It's been said here a few times but it gets better after you get some games played and a bit higher MMR. I see leavers in less than 5% of my games.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-07 at 05:38 AM.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

I'm trying to figure out if armlet is any good on Ursa instead of Vlad's. I'm just not a fan of Vlad's because aside from the free Roshan, it doesn't feel like it's really all that good. I feel like armlet worked very well on him, but two of my teammates had no clue how to play and spent all game flaming me, Tusk, and Rubick for not being retarded and fighting in Krob ulti, so I'm not sure if that game was valid :/

But with armlet and lothars, you have 55 IAS; IAS maybe isn't really the best stat for Ursa, but it reduces reliance on Overpower for hits and since I max Earth Shock before Overpower and play aggressively, it feels really useful. Armlet also provides a huge amount of HP on demand (more dmg from ulti) and a pretty sizable boost to damage, along with the regen and armor.

Mostly I'm trying it because I don't like Vlad's rush, and I don't think there are any items that build from Ring of Health that are any good for Ursa; maybe Vanguard, but why buy Vanguard when you can buy Armlet?
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But with armlet and lothars, you have 55 IAS; IAS maybe isn't really the best stat for Ursa, but it reduces reliance on Overpower for hits and since I max Earth Shock before Overpower and play aggressively, it feels really useful. Armlet also provides a huge amount of HP on demand (more dmg from ulti) and a pretty sizable boost to damage, along with the regen and armor.

Mostly I'm trying it because I don't like Vlad's rush, and I don't think there are any items that build from Ring of Health that are any good for Ursa; maybe Vanguard, but why buy Vanguard when you can buy Armlet?
    How do you have enough mana for multiple Earth Shocks? If you go for Earth Shock early, why not try a Phase Drums build? However, I think Ursa's strength comes from his ability to Rosh, get experience, gold and an extra life early and you need items to jungle. Vlad's help with that early game.

Ursa's strength definitely comes from his ability to Rosh. Force a team fight top and Roshan while your team dies, even if they get 4 for 0 the roshan will give you 4 levels and half of a Lothar's if you do it around 10 minutes. You finish Lothar's and run around 5 levels higher than everyone else and three shot people until you have orchid/sheeper + heart + BKB if you need it and win the game. Ursa is the kind of hero that does his best in his team when he's breaking legs so his team can catch up/outfarm the enemy team, playing him like a true carry and expecting to be actually useful in team fights is setting yourself up to fail. Armlet is a creative idea but I would never not go vlads, to be honest. And after vlads there simply too many items more important than a bit of hp/damage, such as offensive CC and defense.
    Random casual stuff now

Is it just me, or is Dota more fun to talk about and maybe watch than it is to play? It seems like I'll talk about unconventional hero builds, or want to try something interesting seen in a pro game, I queue up... and it's nothing but frustration the whole way through.

I'm past the point where leavers and Cyrillic/Portuguese spammers are common (outside of certain times of day), but it still seems like most of my teammates are not just generally bad at the game, but they're also complete assholes, too. I don't care if people are bad at the game as long as they're fun to play with, but when the only thing they say all game is "stop feed noob", it just makes it feel like there's not much to be gained by playing.
    MMOC IRC!

No one is stopping you from screwing around in games. I've had some really fun games lately, one I promised during picks to go dagon with whatever hero I randomed (got tusk it actually worked out). I went blinkin' slammin' storm spirit another game. Surprisingly, it feels a lot easier to win in these games too. Or maybe I just don't remember losing games I screw around in because I still had fun either way.

I've had games where we did a 5 man roam strategy from level 1 and of course everyone tries 5 man pushing from time to time. You can't get pubs to go along with you all the time but nothing stops YOU from going shadow blade omniknight if you feel like it. Despite how much your team might cry, not buying support items as a "support hero" is not a legitimate reason for the team to lose anyway.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No one is stopping you from screwing around in games. I've had some really fun games lately, one I promised during picks to go dagon with whatever hero I randomed (got tusk it actually worked out). I went blinkin' slammin' storm spirit another game. Surprisingly, it feels a lot easier to win in these games too. Or maybe I just don't remember losing games I screw around in because I still had fun either way.

I've had games where we did a 5 man roam strategy from level 1 and of course everyone tries 5 man pushing from time to time. You can't get pubs to go along with you all the time but nothing stops YOU from going shadow blade omniknight if you feel like it. Despite how much your team might cry, not buying support items as a "support hero" is not a legitimate reason for the team to lose anyway.
    Intentionally ruining games by doing stupid shit doesn't really seem like it'd do anything but make the problem worse.
    MMOC IRC!

I'm so annoyed by the amount of Russians in this game..

Even when I specifically queue for English speaking regions and English as a language, I always manage to get paired with 2-3 russians who refuse to speak English (unless it's noob or fuck you). The worst part is they think they can 3v5 the game which results in a loss of course.

Is it possible to use boots of travel on the eagle summoned by beastmaster?
    If so that has to be an awesome team strat for the whole team to go boots of travel and teleport wherever they want?

Yes it is and yes BoTs are awesome.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes it is and yes BoTs are awesome.
    awesome,can't agree more,you know of any pro games on youtube where they use this strat?
    unlike tranquil boots,they really nerfed them to the ground,25ms when focused is terrible
    Last edited by ZRebellion; 2013-04-09 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Is it possible to use boots of travel on the eagle summoned by beastmaster?
    If so that has to be an awesome team strat for the whole team to go boots of travel and teleport wherever they want?
    You can also teleport to necrobook minions, treants, eidolons, and other summons IIRC.
    MMOC IRC!

I remember this one clip from Dotacinema Top10, where Chen takes control of an enemy creep while the enemy pushes their base in, sends the creep to the enemy base, 3 people bot to it and win the game. Was pretty cool to see ^^

Intentionally ruining games by doing stupid shit doesn't really seem like it'd do anything but make the problem worse.
    Who says they're ruined? You don't have to be conventional to be good, or effective. My support SF and support Juggernaut are very useful team assets.

Also cruise missile beastmaster build is the best. BoT is basically a blink if you teleport to hawk as it flies over trees except that blink gives you no stats and BoT makes you dark seer.
    Random casual stuff now

So I'm not allowed to play the game in any other way than just copying?

Desolator clinkz bro
    http://dotabuff.com/players/93874877...atch_type=real
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/140977164

Saving teams and smashing nabs. If you'll notice, Deso is one of those <1% items that has a majority win rate. Learn the secrets!
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    So I'm not allowed to play the game in any other way than just copying?
    No, but picking a support to play as a carry when it means your team is expecting you to support is a complete and total dick move.
    MMOC IRC!