10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    He has a decent stun for laning/ganking which doubles as his 2nd escape skill, and he's excellent pusher and fairly item independent (he needs only boots and dagger to be effective), not every hero needs to be complex/have 4 active skills.
    He's actually a hero that does well with farm, too. Scepter with Veil absolutely wrecks teams.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I wonder if sand king would be too good if his stun had 650 range at all levels , it would certainly improve his supporting capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    I wonder if sand king would be too good if his stun had 650 range at all levels , it would certainly improve his supporting capacity
    I think that might be a bit too good, his stun is one of the faster and more reliable ones in the game as it is. People can complain about Stormbolt all they want, but if you see Sven running in to stun you you still have a good chance of at least getting within your tower range before it connects. You see a level 7 Sand King running in to stun you you're already mid-air. And it would make him much more difficult to kill early on.

I think people slightly overvalue Scepter on SK. It's only a few hundred extra damage, you could just save up some and get Shiva's and suddenly all your eggs wouldn't be in one basket. Or save up for a Hex or Orchid or if you're baller, Radiance. Veil, however, is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    And I would say that Enigma is even further from being a walking ultimate.
    Adding to this, Dignitas drafted Enigma today and beat Na'Vi without Waytosexy getting Blink/BKB/Mek. In fact, he didn't use Black Hole at all until the very end.

Wish they would bring back Pit Lord already
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Eth blade sand king, because nothing says "f*** you Drow" like a blink eth ult burrowstrike sand storm 2500 damage combo that all her teammates have to run away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Adding to this, Dignitas drafted Enigma today and beat Na'Vi without Waytosexy getting Blink/BKB/Mek. In fact, he didn't use Black Hole at all until the very end.
    I find that happens pretty often when I have a good game with Enigma, suddenly the game has been going on for 30 minutes and I've use BH maybe once. And I find going Blink first is really situational, around my MMR it seems like there's always that one support who knows how to hang back and ruin your day.

And I forgot about eblade SK, that too goes to baller tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that might be a bit too good, his stun is one of the faster and more reliable ones in the game as it is. People can complain about Stormbolt all they want, but if you see Sven running in to stun you you still have a good chance of at least getting within your tower range before it connects. You see a level 7 Sand King running in to stun you you're already mid-air. And it would make him much more difficult to kill early on.

I think people slightly overvalue Scepter on SK. It's only a few hundred extra damage, you could just save up some and get Shiva's and suddenly all your eggs wouldn't be in one basket. Or save up for a Hex or Orchid or if you're baller, Radiance. Veil, however, is pretty good.
    I never liked Veil on him because Scepter provides useful stats and also lowers the cooldown on ulti. The damage increase is great, too, but I get it for the shortened cooldown - 60 seconds means it's available for basically every single teamfight, and the increased damage means even at 45 minutes you can't ignore it.

I find that happens pretty often when I have a good game with Enigma, suddenly the game has been going on for 30 minutes and I've use BH maybe once. And I find going Blink first is really situational, around my MMR it seems like there's always that one support who knows how to hang back and ruin your day.

And I forgot about eblade SK, that too goes to baller tier.
    Most of the time I play Enigma I just get a fast Mekansm and Phase Boots. Even at my level, you're right that the enemy team usually doesn't just bunch up for a perfect blink hole, and unless I'm required to initiate, just running up with Phase Boots is often enough.

I like how people underestimate Enigma creeps. It's hilarious to have someone try to gank you in jungle, you stun him with Malefice and surround them with creeps and all of a sudden you're 250 gold closer to Mekansm. Those little shits don't have much HP or move speed but they hurt.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

SK baller
    i am sorry that is not rapier+refresher

looks like you are wrong mister

hehe its funny because its another hero

It's like you guys don't even know about Soul Keeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe its funny because its another hero
    no noob, scepter+veil leoric, next level shit. Get on my level, fag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report system seems to be a lot more aggressive. Logged in two different times today, got two different notifications. Maybe reports actually matter now that we only get 4 per week. Anyone had problems with unwarranted chat bans since that patch?

Also, what's the purpose of Basher/Abyssal? It seems like you'd buy it for the stun to help hold people down, but shouldn't Sange or Skadi be the go-to items for that? Maybe Sange should be buffed so that its slow is consistent, like it's a guaranteed slow on the first hit every 15 sec or something? With Skadi being the more expensive, but overall better choice if you're getting farm.

You're getting notified for old reports triggered later either through a bug or a shift in the trigger system for bans. I've gotten four so far, and I haven't reported anyone in well over two months.

Basher is physical and thus goes through magic immunity, as does Sange. Stun > Slow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Report system seems to be a lot more aggressive. Logged in two different times today, got two different notifications. Maybe reports actually matter now that we only get 4 per week. Anyone had problems with unwarranted chat bans since that patch?

Also, what's the purpose of Basher/Abyssal? It seems like you'd buy it for the stun to help hold people down, but shouldn't Sange or Skadi be the go-to items for that? Maybe Sange should be buffed so that its slow is consistent, like it's a guaranteed slow on the first hit every 15 sec or something? With Skadi being the more expensive, but overall better choice if you're getting farm.
    Abyssal is a great anti-carry item. It goes through BKB and the most important fact: it doesn't care whether the carry is running or fighting you. It will still lock him down. Furthermore, Abyssal gives solid damage.

Skadi is an all-round item. It doesn't excel at anything but gives you a bit of everything. You usually don't want an all-round item during later stages of the game, which is when you can afford a Skadi. If you are the damage dealer of your team, you don't want to start making yourself into an all-round hero that can tank a bit, do a bit of damage and do a bit of disable. You usually want to specialize in what your hero excels at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Abyssal is a great anti-carry item. It goes through BKB and the most important fact: it doesn't care whether the carry is running or fighting you. It will still lock him down. Furthermore, Abyssal gives solid damage.

Skadi is an all-round item. It doesn't excel at anything but gives you a bit of everything. You usually don't want an all-round item during later stages of the game, which is when you can afford a Skadi. If you are the damage dealer of your team, you don't want to start making yourself into an all-round hero that can tank a bit, do a bit of damage and do a bit of disable. You usually want to specialize in what your hero excels at.
    Why do we need an item that gives a proc stun that ignores BKB? BKB already lasts 5 seconds by 45 minutes and there are many skills and abilities which remain in effect through BKB (Enfeeble etc) or ignore it completely; isn't that, combined with simply avoiding bad engagements, enough? I guess I just don't understand why the bash mechanic needs to ignore BKB.

Has anyone tried a different orb on Naga? I was playing a game just now and I didn't really use the Diffusal much, I don't feel - I could always use her mirror image to shuck debuffs, and I spent a lot of the game split pushing instead of teamfighting. I was thinking Deso would be a better pick for her since it pierces tower armor, but since it's flat damage and not agility, the damage bonus doesn't get shared to illusions...

EDIT: How the fuck is Sylla avoiding nerfs? There's no fucking way he isn't just as broken as Nyx is; bear has permanent 522 move speed by mid game because of Rabid having 100% uptime, he gets 2500 HP more or less naked, and even though it's RNG, Entangle is probably the most powerful "bash" in the game.

And this is all just if you don't micro the bear for shit. I see so many garbage players with Sylla, not microing the bear, losing the bear constantly, keeping all items on Sylla instead of the bear... and it doesn't matter - they can still go toe to toe with better-farmed carries because of how many insane steroids Sylla gets, and even someone that's literally retarded can still easily take towers with Sylla due to the bear's attack speed and giant bonus vs structures.

And these players aren't playing Sylla anywhere near his skill ceiling. The bear can be used to manipulate lanes, control runes, block jungle camp spawns... there are so many things you can do with the bear, and yet even at the professional level it's not even necessary - pros are better at controlling the bear (and chipping at the bear's health), and I still don't think I've seen anyone play Sylla anywhere close to how good he can potentially be.

At the very least, Rabid should just be a 10 sec buff on a 30 sec cooldown; I seriously don't understand the justification of it having 100% uptime. Even with only 1/3 uptime, it'd still be immensely powerful, and if it wasn't at 100%, getting Phase Boots (and actually USING them) would probably be necessary for the bear if you still wanted the fast move speed.

Also Entangle should just be an activated skill. It's really dumb to watch pro games play out where a situation ends up either being won or lost more or less entirely due to Sylla's luck with dice rolls. It's really bad when even the casters are going "wow that would've been a kill if Entangle had actually hit."
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-04-25 at 03:29 AM.

Skadi is an extremely underestimated item and a solid choice on any hero at any point in the game. You just need to ask yourself if you need something else more.

just had this amazing 4 agi carry game which left me in deep sorrow, and of course it was a sound defeat.
    How can someone be such a bitch ally to steal my neutral creeps with blinkstrike and sitfling dagger?
    I mean, I pull and stack, she steals, I plainly farm jungle, she still passes by and steals.
    /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Skadi is an extremely underestimated item and a solid choice on any hero at any point in the game. You just need to ask yourself if you need something else more.
    It's a great item but it feels like there are usually better choices, unless you're six slotting... but how often does that happen against players at all similarly skilled?

Lots of stats, but you get a fair amount of stats from items like Manta Style (can use it to break debuffs) or Linken's (blocks spells), and while it gives a lot of HP, Heart gives more and also gives that crazy regen. Satanic gives lots of HP and then also the insane life leech, and so on.

Biggest downside to it is the horrendous buildup. Early point booster is nice if bloodstone or scepter are also options for your hero, but ultimate orbs are really really cost inefficient, and it's even tougher if you also need to make sure you have buyback gold on hand, because then you're probably needing 3100-3400 gold before you can buy an orb. It's nice that orbs go straight to the stash, though

TL actually bought Skadi on their QoP to try and deal with EG's roided out Sven in a game, since the slow goes through BKB. Didn't work; kiting Sven doesn't work that well when he only needs one or two swings to wipe out your entire team. It was pretty hilarious watching a fed Sven with Empower go to work.