10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Isn't it impossible to get loot in an abandoned match?Long time I did one of those,it's a waste since anyone can ragequit without consequences.
    If that's the case,I like the spirit behind your idea but how would the extra loot be divided?
    Nope, it's possible to get loot. Even if you left at level one without ever leaving your base. Even though random is random, I really do not want the RNG gods to favor those who left.

And it would work pretty much like the current system. Only if a player was favored by the gods for loot who left, only then will the item randomly be given to another player who did finish the match. In the case of multiple players leaving, you may only get one additional item from a player who has left. So RNG will still be RNG, just not for those who decide to bail. Those who continue -may- get a reward which isn't even a given. But just to avoid nerdrage for when they do get items when they don't deserve them at all.

The filthiest shit I've seen is the Mirana mount (legendary) dropping for someone who left when he became first blood in the first 30 seconds of the game. I did not like that at all because there were 9 other players who definitely deserved it more instead of a deserter.

Deleted
    I once saw a leaver winning a mythical item for Disruptor(?!). It pissed everyone off.

Draskyl is the best caster out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really tempted to get one of the new hud skins. Tempest Wing and Deepest Depths being my favourites .

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Draskyl is the best caster out there.
    IMO, most english-speaking casters take themselves and what they do way too seriously. Even if the game is shit and teams play terribly bad, they still try to be polite instead of making fun out of players' mistakes and bad decisions. I'm sure a lot of people would call this 'being professional' and appreciate that and I agree that this style of casting works very well if the game is entertaining by itself (in which case you don't need a caster anyway). But if the game is crappy, most english-speaking casters become boring as hell. They don't seem to realize that their job is not just to say what happens in the game but to entertain viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I would propose the following. Whenever someone leaves and he would get loot, award that item to someone who did finish the game and thus giving some incentive to keep playing even if you lack a player.
    I would counter-propose that anyone who stays in the game after someone in their team abandoned gets nothing, because nothing is more annoying than 1-4 players in the enemy prolonging a game for 15 minutes because they can't leave a lost and not fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I would counter-propose that anyone who stays in the game after someone in their team abandoned gets nothing, because nothing is more annoying than 1-4 players in the enemy prolonging a game for 15 minutes because they can't leave a lost and not fun game.
    Isn't this a softer version of the "surrender" option, which many people don't want in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    IMO, most english-speaking casters take themselves and what they do way too seriously. Even if the game is shit and teams play terribly bad, they still try to be polite instead of making fun out of players' mistakes and bad decisions. I'm sure a lot of people would call this 'being professional' and appreciate that and I agree that this style of casting works very well if the game is entertaining by itself (in which case you don't need a caster anyway). But if the game is crappy, most english-speaking casters become boring as hell. They don't seem to realize that their job is not just to say what happens in the game but to entertain viewers.
    The main purpose of casters is to provide entertainment, not some in-depth analyze of the game. Entertainment equals fun, and I'm yet to stumble upon a single caster who is fun while being deadly serious. And, lo, dare I say, those casters that fail to amuse and entertain, are in fact unprofessional.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think it's not fun then leave yourself? Problem solved? Such dickmoves are of no use really. Either you have a small chance of getting something while staying, or you don't and leave. It's that simple.

You want to reward competition. Not punish players for someone who leaves.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2013-05-22 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Actually staying in a game and 1v5ing is very fun, you have unlimited farm and can kill any enemy that overextends.

If you think it's not fun then leave yourself? Problem solved? Such dickmoves are of no use really. Either you have a small chance of getting something while staying, or you don't and leave. It's that simple.

You want to reward competition. Not punish players for someone who leaves.
    I'm not sure if you understand. Besides, I usually play in a group and often when we're leading 20-1 at least some of my teammates don't want to take a loss from such a game because 2 enemies left, so we have to play out a boring 15 minute game of enemies turtling in their base without a chance at winning.

When a game is abandoned it's over for me. If you're in the team of whoever abandoned and don't leave, to me you're 10 times worse than the actual leaver.

10+ Year Old Account

When a game is abandoned it's over for me. If you're in the team of whoever abandoned and don't leave, to me you're 10 times worse than the actual leaver.
    Maybe its different at very high ratings but in atleast half my games atleast 1 person leaves, often 1 person from either side. Id rather play a game with less chance of winning than quit everytime someone leaves. If 3 of the opposite team leave in the first 5 minutes i can understand your frustration though.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you understand. Besides, I usually play in a group and often when we're leading 20-1 at least some of my teammates don't want to take a loss from such a game because 2 enemies left, so we have to play out a boring 15 minute game of enemies turtling in their base without a chance at winning.

The community is sorry for wasting your precious time, my lord.

10+ Year Old Account

I understand your frustration, but it's the same on the opposite side who want to play a match. In the end, it is a game where playing and competing should be central. That's why it needs such an option.

Like you said, YOU don't want to leave because it looks bad on your statistics. Well guess what, then you continue playing. Because the option of leaving is still there for you. Nobody is stopping you from leaving the game and no one should suffer from your statistics obsession.

Even though I understand it, it's just unreasonable to demand that. It's a personal problem the rest shouldn't be dealing with. So yeah, suck it up.

Anyone got a key I can use to access the beta? If you have, please private message me! Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to trying this out!

Edit: Code received - Big thanks to Zefie! I owe you one buddy!
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-05-23 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Hiya there guys! Im Iilil your friendly barcode. I switched Steam on today and noticed I have 12 Dota2 Beta Keys, if anyone would like one send me a private message on mmochamps and ill gift you the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Watched about 2 minutes total.

Saw rubick blow himself up with Alch cask and then get decked by Visage ult. Well played!

Like you said, YOU don't want to leave because it looks bad on your statistics. Well guess what, then you continue playing. Because the option of leaving is still there for you. Nobody is stopping you from leaving the game and no one should suffer from your statistics obsession.

Even though I understand it, it's just unreasonable to demand that. It's a personal problem the rest shouldn't be dealing with. So yeah, suck it up.
    Don't say "like you said" and then paraphrase something I never said. When I'm solo I usually instaleave when someone abandons, but usually my friends wont let me quit a won game. I don't give a fuck about my stats.

Leavers aren't a problem for me, people who waste my time are. If leavers getting items is a personal problem for you, then I suppose I can give you your own advice and suck it up. I was never serious about what I initially suggested, I just wanted to point out that to many players someone who wastes everyones time trying to play 1v5 is a lot more annoying than a player who ragequits by typing "disconnect" in console and hitting the abandon button and letting everyone leave instantly. Hell, if I'm in a shitty game and someone in my team bites the bullet and instant abandons I wouldn't mind giving my items and BP to them.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-24 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, thoughts on a possible Sylla nerf: bear's death does 10/15/20/25% of Sylla's total HP as pure damage to Sylla instead of a flat 100/200/300/400. 400 HP is a lot early on, but by time Sylla is lvl 16 and has 2200 HP naked, it's nothing. Losing the bear should matter.

But then again, this further forces Sylla to put items only on the bear instead of the hero, and one of the most boring things about Sylla is how there's basically only one way to play that hero at a high level.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow