someone told me you can follow a hero by using m+left click,but it doesn't work for me.
    does anyone have an idea how to do this?

nvm found it so its the move bind rofl

I Loose all games... Is So Hard

god matchmaking sucks sometimes, played against a natures prophet with about 1600 hours played more than me, and i was by far the highest on my team. I know its based on skill not wins/time played but still he absolutely destroyed out team, including rampages. Was just on a completely different skill level to our team and the rest of his team. Frustrating to say the least.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-08-19 at 05:54 PM.

yup, happens and it sucks.

Yeah.. matchmaking..

9 out of 10 games, I'm more then double anybody else (except when I get those great teams that feed...)

Last game went 6-4 as lycan.. we lost the match 65-10...
    my teammates couldn't tell whats wrong
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I know. But tell that to every support I get when I go solo mid.
    You can also tank rosh with illusions doing this. Normally if you attack rosh with illusions they will die. However, if you have illusion and M+click on rosh they will run up to him without attacking and stand there.

Mechagnome
    I hate the matchmaking atm, no idea what happened, but every game is extremly one sided, either my team wins 40-10 in kills or we lose with similar score, wtf happended

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    People here are talking as if supports shouldn't have to help their carry at any point in their life, and that's just daft.
    Of course supports should babysit their carries, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. At the same time, supports usually expect their carries to have brains. I mean, if there are 2 ranged heroes against you on a lane, there's no fucking way you'll get free farm. Ever. No matter what your support does. Period. When this happens, it's totally up to you to think a little bit and realize that:
    1. you need more regen
    2. you need a shield
    3. you need more regen (yes, again)
    4. maybe (just maybe, because that's way too complex for most carries to realize) you should play safely, i.e. sometimes just stay behind and get exp and no lasthits. Yes, that's not good, but still that's better than dying.

I had a game once where I was playing Lion and my carry was Sven. We were against Orge and Lich. They were on the radiant's safe lane, so I couldn't pull waves back to our tower. And Sven was one of those braindead carries that try to lasthit no matter what. Everytime he was approaching a creep wave, he got right-clicked by lich and nuked by both. Yet that fucker never bought more regen or shield and kept trying. And guess what? He died after 4th or 5th attempt to lasthit. And guess what he learned from that? That his support is shit (even though I saved him couple of times with spikes and hex before that). If you're that kind of carry, no support will ever help you. That's what people are trying to say here.

And, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but right-clicking heroes makes you take towers' aggro, even if there are 49387589347 creeps around. So even if the only thing your support does is pulling, hence you're constantly under the tower, you're already protected to a point.

If there are creeps under tower, enemy heroes can just force attack command on their own creeps and tower will swap off of them. It means that they can dive you and even if they have 100 health left when you die, tower won't finish them off because they will just force attack their creeps and walk away with 1 hit left.

Not to mention, tower hits will push the next creep wave far away. Of course, some lanes are still hard enough that pulling creeps under tower just to get 1 or 2 last hits is worth it.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-08-19 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If there are creeps under tower, enemy heroes can just force attack command on their own creeps and tower will swap off of them. It means that they can dive you and even if they have 100 health left when you die, tower won't finish them off because they will just force attack their creeps and walk away with 1 hit left.
    Yeah, but even pro's don't do that everytime they dive somebody. Na'Vi vs Alliance game 5 and 1v3(4) dives on XBOCT come to mind. And we're talking about 2 best teams in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    And, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but right-clicking heroes makes you take towers' aggro, even if there are 49387589347 creeps around. So even if the only thing your support does is pulling, hence you're constantly under the tower, you're already protected to a point.
    Right-click from outside tower-range. Now for the next few seconds right-clicking the enemy hero does not change the tower focus. Additionally, clicking a hero and then rapidly attack-move'ing a friendly creep will direct the focus to the creep, and you take a whopping single tower hit. This also grants the short grace-period before tower retargets you, unless the creep dies.

Also, "orb walking" (Drow's frost arrows or Clinkz' flame arrows) or using targeted spells do not refocus the tower.

Tower dives aren't difficult. And trust me, you'll call bullshit when you see someone who knows their mechanics such that they can abuse it.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2013-08-19 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not to mention, tower hits will push the next creep wave far away. Of course, some lanes are still hard enough that pulling creeps under tower just to get 1 or 2 last hits is worth it.
    Again - I agree. But trying to imply that pulling makes it easy for opponents to gank a carry is... rather strange, to say the least (I'm talking about Drunkenvalley's posts).

If you're that kind of carry, no support will ever help you. That's what people are trying to say here.
    Also, I'm not.

I play safe. I bring my regen. I get my Poor Man's asap if necessary. Get Tranquils if I'm in a tough lane. Maybe get a Soul Ring if it's someone like Naga who needs to bust out some mana every once in a while.

Trust me, I was being very literal when I was saying my predominant issue was supports not doing anything else but creep-pulling.

You are definitely safer under your tower than out in the lane, but the ideal would still be creeps being right at the edge of your tower range.

Right-click from outside tower-range. Now for the next few seconds right-clicking the enemy hero does not change the tower focus. Additionally, clicking a hero and then rapidly attack-move'ing a friendly creep will direct the focus to the creep, and you take a whopping single tower hit. This also grants the short grace-period before tower retargets you, unless the creep dies.
    Are you saying you always play against people that do that? Holy crap, I'm impressed. You and your opponents are better than pro's.

Also, "orb walking" (Drow's frost arrows or Clinkz' flame arrows) or using targeted spells do not refocus the tower.
    Good point. Now, how many heroes can do that?

Tower dives aren't difficult. And trust me, you'll call bullshit when you see someone who knows their mechanics such that they can abuse it.
    My point is this: you had a couple of bad games, where your support was too busy farming his shit and at the same time for some reason (god hates you?) you were facing a setup that can harass you easily from range. Now guess what: shit happens. And when it happens, you should try and minimize its effect on you by playing as safe as possible and staying as far away as possible from the creep wave, while still getting exp.

There's a very de facto line to be drawn. Creeps just out of your tower range? That's good. It means you've got a safezone to run back into. But if the creeps are directly under tower it's far too easy to misdirect aggro and open for a dive.

I'm not one to die a lot, but it sure as shit doesn't help my already poor farm.

Also, I'm not.
    Then I guess we understand each other. Sometimes games go not as we want. Sometimes our allies are utter shit (have you ever seen somebody being killed by the Tidebringer spam? I mean, nothing but the splash till like 100 HP and then a single nuke - and the guy didn't even try to eat his Tango's). The only thing we can do when this happens is to try and adapt. Sometimes that guy is your support. Sometimes that guy is your carry. Sometimes that guy is you (me). Shit happens.

Are you saying you always play against people that do that? Holy crap, I'm impressed. You and your opponents are better than pro's.
    No, but it becomes glaringly obvious when they know how to evade tower-hits. And those people are made much more glaringly obvious when you're "solo" (with a support over at the pullcamp doing nothing but pulling creepwave).

Good point. Now, how many heroes can do that?
    Orb effects? Well... Huskar, Drow, Clinkz, Viper and Outworld Devourer. As for any ability used under tower, that's gonna be a too long list to bother putting here, don't you agree?

My point is this: you had a couple of bad games, where your support was too busy farming his shit and at the same time for some reason (god hates you?) you were facing a setup that can harass you easily from range. Now guess what: shit happens. And when it happens, you should try and minimize its effect on you by playing as safe as possible and staying as far away as possible from the creep wave.
    And I did. Then we obviously lose horribly because my opponent can farm freely. And I have no farm. Just a bit of "welp fuck me rite" moment, you know? Anyhow, the aggression in huge part comes into play because I don't have an actual lane-partner.

As for "you had a couple of shit games"... I wasn't even going to make this an actual conversation. It was literally just going to be a single post of gripe about trends I see with the shitty supports I sometimes get. And then y'all went into an absolute fit calling me a scrub, fuck's sake.

As for "you had a couple of shit games"... I wasn't even going to make this an actual conversation. It was literally just going to be a single post of gripe about trends I see with the shitty supports I sometimes get. And then y'all went into an absolute fit calling me a scrub, fuck's sake.
    Of course. Because it's not like people lose games because of shitty supports ONLY. People lose because of bad plays GENERALLY, regardless of roles. Trying to make it look like a trend that supports are shit and people lose because of them will always get you flamed. What else did you expect from making blanket statements like that?

Trying to make it look like a trend that supports are shit and people lose because of them will always get you flamed. What else did you expect from making blanket statements like that?
    Trying to make it look like a trend? No! All I have said, in all of this, is that some supports out there, that sometimes occur, have certain tendencies. If you guys are literally flaming me because you didn't read then that's pretty frigging rude, innit?