Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Etc
    You ramble too much when you clearly don't have basic reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Your avatar is adorable and I love it.
    Haha thanks! I can't decide between my current and this one of Ursa. They're my two favorite heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yep, it was cheating when we had no backdoor protection, but calling it cheating now is just lazy excuse for not carrying tp scroll or be careful to not walk too far away from your important buildings
    Was it even considered cheating back then? I feel like I remember it being considered a legitimate "strategy", even in DotA. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Haha thanks! I can't decide between my current and this one of Ursa. They're my two favorite heroes!

Was it even considered cheating back then? I feel like I remember it being considered a legitimate "strategy", even in DotA. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.
    If you can do it with glitching, it isn't cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You ramble too much when you clearly don't have basic reading comprehension.
    My reading comprehension is fine, hes PITA to deal with only to the extend you decide to not deal with him, if you dont pick those heroes or items, its your fault hes owning you. Of course having stun or blinker is the basic tactic to deal with any annoying hero, so Im not really sure what was your original point anyway, prophet isnt unique in that regard.

Deleted
    Dammit Booboil. Can I have my damn Dota 2 sub forum already? I think it's worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    People tend to consider backdooring "cheating" because you didn't beat them in the "actual" game. You couldn't win in a team fight, you couldn't out-push them, you couldn't stop them from getting Roshan, but you won anyway because you just killed buildings faster than they could TP to base and defend.

And, to be fair, it can be really annoying to be unable to push as 5 because Furion or Clinkz will just backdoor your barracks the second you cross the river, but, considering it cheating or even bad manners is ridiculous to me when you can just learn how to stop it.
    It makes no sense that people think it's cheating. The purpose of the game is to kill towers and the ancient. People shouldn't be screaming 'cheating!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Im not really sure what was your original point anyway, prophet isnt unique in that regard.
    There was no overarching point beyond "he's annoying to deal with". And no, he's definitely not unique in being annoying.

there was a time where there was no backdoor protection, and nothing stopped you from bypassing outer towers and go straight for the barracks. this was called "tower skipping" and it was banned in tournaments/leagues on a case-to-case basis. the tda (team dota allstars) league used to prohibit backdooring before 60 minutes had passed.

in dota 2 you can backdoor if you have more than 240 dps (towers regen at 90hp/s, and they take 75% damage when the regen is active (and fortified armor (the type of armor towers have) has a 50% damage resistance to hero attacks)), even while creeps are not present. it is generally considered somewhat of a greyzone when it comes to etiquette, but i find it difficult to believe that most players would bat an eyelid if it happened in a game where they weren't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Dammit Booboil. Can I have my damn Dota 2 sub forum already? I think it's worth it.
    chill yo

on the topic of pita heroes in pubs.. warlock.

Back in the day there was no backdoor protection and most inhouse leagues had infuriatingly complicated rules regarding when you were allowed to attack base buildings. I don't think it was ever meant to be cheating or there could just have been a form of protection that makes buildings immune, and since the current protection was introduced almost everyone considers any form of BD as a legitimate strategy.

edit: And he beat me to it. Though on top of damage resistance just from being a building different towers also have different amount of armor, and melee rax have higher armor than ranged rax.

Alright, I guess I was remembering semi-correctly. I always understood back-dooring to mean attacking towers with enemy creeps between your next creep wave and the tower, and I thought this was always "allowed". Tower-skipping was the one that was ban worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    on the topic of pita heroes in pubs.. warlock.
    Yes. Warlock is one of the heroes I recommended to my friend when he first started playing. He's very newbie friendly and he's pretty fun to play.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-11 at 04:16 PM.

So been playing some Elder Titan. My god that guy can push really, really fast with lvl 4 Spirit and some Natural Order levels (at least, I think it negates the enemy creeps' armor and increases the damage of the Ancestral Spirit landing on the creeps?).

Actually, now I'm not sure. Does the Ancestral Spirit's Natural Order kick in as he spawns, before dealing damage, or after? (I'm guessing it spawns first with the aura before the damage is dealt.)
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2013-09-11 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to make Lysah lose a match: Tell her you haven't seen her lose one yet, watch next match live. Guaranteed loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Warlock is one of the heroes I recommended to my friend when he first started playing. He's very newbie friendly and he's pretty fun to play.
    He's one of the better bullshit pub heroes. Warlock with a refresher orb and ult stick can pretty much indefinitely defend base from pushes, and is as good at attacking as he is at defending.

You can easily have four golems out at a time, and because they last so long, by time the golems are dead, it's not really too much longer before you can ult again, despite the ult's long cooldown. Drop your golems, kill the enemy team, push the lanes with the golems, by time the enemy team reassembles and pushes your base again, you can repeat it.

It's not overpowered, because it does require those two (expensive) items, but that's not really hard to pull off in a pub, especially since Warlock doesn't really need items. Not overpowered, but complete bullshit.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I love dota 2, there are so many heroes to choose from. I mostly like ranged and I think enchantress is my favorite so far. I kind of wish there was a different map though. Or maybe even a different play style. It's still really good either way but it could definitely be better. Of course the game itself is free so it's great either way.

Think of it as general sport: theres only one court to play on with different settings/players. Personally I dont see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So been playing some Elder Titan. My god that guy can push really, really fast with lvl 4 Spirit and some Natural Order levels (at least, I think it negates the enemy creeps' armor and increases the damage of the Ancestral Spirit landing on the creeps?).

Actually, now I'm not sure. Does the Ancestral Spirit's Natural Order kick in as he spawns, before dealing damage, or after? (I'm guessing it spawns first with the aura before the damage is dealt.)
    Aura works before dmg .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    He's one of the better bullshit pub heroes. Warlock with a refresher orb and ult stick can pretty much indefinitely defend base from pushes, and is as good at attacking as he is at defending.

You can easily have four golems out at a time, and because they last so long, by time the golems are dead, it's not really too much longer before you can ult again, despite the ult's long cooldown. Drop your golems, kill the enemy team, push the lanes with the golems, by time the enemy team reassembles and pushes your base again, you can repeat it.

It's not overpowered, because it does require those two (expensive) items, but that's not really hard to pull off in a pub, especially since Warlock doesn't really need items. Not overpowered, but complete bullshit.

Warlock becomes op when he has a aghs and even before then he is strong

8 losing streak right now. have to find a way to avoid the russians

embrace the russians

play like one of them

become them

only then you may win

(realtalk though russians in my experience >>> most other non-english people to play with. at least russians dont give up and russians manmode like crazy)

Playing in an amateur tourney tomorrow with 32 teams for fun, no prize money, just for aussies/NZ, gonna be fun!