Deleted
    Pubs games with 1 one support, this piss anyone else off? Personally i can't stand it when the team ends up with one support hero and then everybody jumps on his back for feeding and not warding and dewarding when they are the easiest kill on the team.

better than 5 supports no carry I suppose, especially when you have lousy disables AND lousy pushers and enemy has jugger, naix, riki and clinkz, dunno how we made it to 45 minutes.

i love no carry line ups when i play invoker , just rush to lvl 10 and turn it into 5 men doto and have your safelane farmer rush a mek

10+ Year Old Account
    bleh, just had the most boring game of my life. Enemy team just tanked up in base for 72 mins, had tons of silences and disables so eventually outfarmed us to win.

Deleted
    Had a game last night : http://dotabuff.com/matches/357509778

The other team had aghs refresher Furi and Zesus, was quite a good idea i thought hurt like a bastard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I like Doom.

i thought everyone knew that? love him so much, he eats, and then walks on fire, and dooms you! (tbh in dota i already thought he was op without gaining abilities from creeps, making him so much better)

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    i thought everyone knew that?
    Knew which part? Seeing Doom wouldn't dispel until the recent patch.

Where's my Diretide

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Knew which part? Seeing Doom wouldn't dispel until the recent patch.
    going through magic immunity,

just checked patch note: now even has dispel? wow this gets better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE
    Gutted theres been no diretide, i wasnt playing last year (like most of the current playerbase id guess) so was really looking forward to it, bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Gutted theres been no diretide, i wasnt playing last year (like most of the current playerbase id guess) so was really looking forward to it, bleh.
    Same.

Deleted
    If you really want to play there's always D2Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    going through magic immunity,

just checked patch note: now even has dispel? wow this gets better!
    Hence why I wanted to see if Doom would dispel BKB. Discovering it goes through BKB to begin with was a sideeffect lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    If you really want to play there's always D2Ware
    Please, I want items, not the map itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Please, I want items, not the map itself!
    This! No one plays Diretide for the map!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I've got a hero question (Once again)!
    I've been giving Spectre a go but I'm just not feeling like I have much impact on the game. So somewhere along the line I must be doing something wrong with her.
    I build a PMS and Phase boots, then build a radiance if my team is doing well (Which I think has only happened once) and if not I go straight for drums and Diffusal. After that I go heart, then build into whatever is needed to maintain myself in team fights (BKB, avoidance, MKB etc etc) although if they have lots of magic I'll go for BKB before Heart. Even then I don't find myself doing huge amounts of damage and their carry will normally beat me.

Now I'm not sure how right or wrong that is. But I'd appreciate some general tips and advice on playing her. I like her play style but I'm obviously doing something if I can't win as her.

Spec is a team fight based hero and won't be able to 1v1 other carrys unless she is way ahead of them in gold. She won't start doing damage until 4 or 5 slots and an enemy carry with 4 or 5 slots will still beat her.

With that said, even if a 5 slot troll can wipe out a 5 slot Merc, the 5 slot Merc will kill 3 heroes on his team with just ult and running in and soaking damage for her team. Merc shines as an initiator and tank, not as a hard carry. If you can force the enemy team to focus you and 4 of them die for it, your team should be able to handle the enemy carry in the meantime. If they can't the game is 1v5 and you were going to lose anyway.

manta style is a good ass item on spectre also

goes well with diffusal and you can manta out of silence

Btw, is Vanguard the go-to now for the early survivability? Now that the regen of Tranquils is nonexistent for carries.