Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly I'm confused as to why you'd even want a blink dagger on sniper, since he has ridiculous range anyway, only usage I see is for get away, which wouldn't force staff be a better choice since it can be used while getting hit, and has hp regen and intel for about the same cost? I would say Shadow Blade for the attack speed and damage, but it's a bit more expensive and can be countered.

Unless there's some uber strat I'm missing.
    It's for instant positioning and escape. In that particular game it's good against Wisp/Tiny because you can blink relocates on you. It's also good against QW Invokers because you can dodge the Tornados. The Mjollnir was a waste though, I think. But Sniper was a bad pick overall. No matter what items he bought he would need a BKB+a lot of items to take down the Tiny because of Tiny's E.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Be a man and build Deso, Deadalus and Cuirass on sniper.
    Deso and Daedalus ok, but if you're max range sniping (950) you'll be out of range for Cuirass (900).
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

headshot procs dont make for the lack of dmg.
    Actually they might, after the buffs to Headshot and particularly the stun duration I'd say high IAS is preferable to damage, at least situationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Actually they might, after the buffs to Headshot and particularly the stun duration I'd say high IAS is preferable to damage, at least situationally.
    At some point the graph curve for DPS increase with more AIS is almost stale, same thing applied to lots of WoW math.

At some point the graph curve for DPS increase with more AIS is almost stale, same thing applied to lots of WoW math.
    Not really, the value doesn't decrease as you gain more of it until you reach the maximum, even at some point gaining damage becomes much more beneficial. I wasn't talking about damage though, I was talking about Sniper's ability to lock down targets with high IAS Headshot spam.

It is really, The DPS _GAIN_ from adding a 1 point of a certain (in this case AIS) stat to the corresponding 2nd stat value to each other (in this case +dmg) is in huge diminishing returns. Dont feel like we need to dig dipper into the topic, most of us played WoW at high level and understand how DR acts

For those who are "new" to it an easy explenation. Totally imaginary IAS/DMG numbers though for a ~500 gold item, stat value ratio is 1dmg:1attackspeed (claw 9dmg 450g vs 50 ias gloves of haste 500g)

Early game:
    Adding 1 Attack speed over 1 dmg = adds 1 DPS
    Adding 1 dmg over 1 Attack speed = adds 0.5 DPS
    Late game when you have a lot of Attack speed and each point increase your Attack speed by less %:
    Adding 1 Attack speed over 1 dmg = adds 0.2 DPS
    Adding 1 dmg over 1 attack speed = adds 5 DPS

With headshot acting as a lockdown tool I agree but not as a single core in a 5 man enviroment. Its decent but at that time Dendii wasnt even able to kill 3 squishy targets, it was hilarious.

Its bad they still didnt fix sniper though... its 2 months now that aquiring range is still 800 ... instead of 950.

PS.

#1 214 / 0.38 ias Treads, MoM ,Mjolnir, Demons Edge, Yasha (9750) 1250g difference
    #2 256 / 0.42ias Treads, MoM, Desolator, Butterfly (11000)

Adding deadalus to #1 over crystalys #2 to have similar net worth, #1 still does much less single target DPS due to lack of desolator debubuff. Mjolnir lightning doesnt add much, becouse its on a 1sec CD and doesnt scale with crit or deso.
    #1 249 / 0.38 - 240% crit
    #2 286 / 0.42 - 175% crit (assuming desolator debuff extra 20%, #2 crits for MORE than #1, not to mention normal hits)

So, mjolnir is a pure waste of 5300 that could have gone into butterfly.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-04-15 at 01:23 PM.

It is really, The DPS _GAIN_ from adding a 1 point of a certain (in this case AIS) stat to the corresponding 2nd stat value to each other (in this case +dmg) is in huge diminishing returns. Dont feel like we need to dig dipper into the topic, most of us played WoW at high level and understand how DR acts
    That's not how diminishing returns work. The formula for Attacks Per Second is (1+IAS)/BAT which is linear, every point of it is worth the same until you hit the hard cap of 400 IAS. In WoW diminishing returns exist in artificial limit of CC abilities and certain stats, but that is in no way comparable.

I know what you mean, of course at a certain point it is a better idea to buy damage instead of AS in terms of increasing your total DPS output, but that has nothing to do with DR.

Also, comparing Mjolnir and Desolator in terms of single-target DPS isn't exactly fair when other item exists to wreck single targets and other one has a lot more utility. I'm not sure why you're proposing Butterfly as a DPS item instead of Mjolnir, Bfly has pretty awful value in terms of damage per cost.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-04-16 at 06:57 AM.

Butterfly instead of Mjolnir, Bfly has pretty awful value in terms of damage per cost.
    I am at work but isnt

BTFLY 6000g
    30dmg
    30agi (+30dmg +X ias? +X armor)
    30ais
    + passive

Mjolnir 5300g
    24dmg
    80ias
    +proc

I am at work but isnt

BTFLY 6000g
    30dmg
    30agi (+30dmg +X ias? +X armor)
    30ais
    + passive

Mjolnir 5300g
    24dmg
    80ias
    +proc
    I meant why use Butterfly instead of any other item, not Mjolnir specifically. You do seem to undervalue Mjolnir use and proc a lot, considering it's very likely to hit multiple heroes at once with the CL.

I do, becouse once you dont really need AOE (PL/Terror) and enemy supports have enough survivality and regen (dazzle) it was totally underwhelming item that particular match. On avg. Dendi had ~0.45 attack speed, meaning it would proc at best every ~1.3sec and 50% of the time around 1.8-2.2sec or later giving ~70dps.

Desolator along would have given ~180+ dps or more and a great way to actually kill the supports.

Nowadays I find upgraded maelstrom veeery situational on agility heroes, much better pick on str heroes due to stat scaling difference.

I would say if dendi picked Deso and crystalys, that could have been a completly different match becouse they were so close to pick off supports so many times but they were able to recover from a wet nooble sniper.

There is 1 more thing to consider. The mentality of a player. If you get hit for 15% HP constnatly without burst, you know what to expect. Things become different when suddenly a single hit can take 40% of your hp. You do get out of your comfort zone, cousing it a different game.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-04-16 at 07:47 PM.

Mjollnir beats AC out any day at least for a hero like Sniper. Honestly, if someone gets close enough to you that armor matters you're already dead on a hero like that.

Sniper can actually outrange the AC aura so there's some negative synergy there.

Sniper can actually outrange the AC aura so there's some negative synergy there.
    Well, all we can do is OPT to get AC range increased to 1000.

On behalf, when I was doing some tests earlier, it looked to me like cuirass minus armor didnt work on sniper. I might look it again after work to confirm becouse the crits on creeps were in the same range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did volvo nerfed CM even more? I don't remember her having 200 mana.

And is there any changes coming for sniper? Can anyone provide a link where i can get news like this?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-04-18 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many clutch games at Star ladder. Na'Vi 1-2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Did volvo nerfed CM even more? I don't remember her having 200 mana.

And is there any changes coming for sniper? Can anyone provide a link where i can get news like this?
    6.80 - Base intelligence reduced by 3
    6.79c - Crystal Maiden base Intelligence reduced from 21 to 19 (same base damage)

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.80c

The only way you'll know of changes before the patch drops is if you talk to IceFrog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Oceanic/Australian servers are now full of non-English speaking Asians.

I don't want to sound racist but it's enraging that I have to play with them when they won't/can't communicate.

I don't know if these people actually live in Australia or for some reason they won't queue SEA. It's mind boggling.

My list of problems with the matchmaking just grows and grows.
    Story of my life. Thankfully Ranked isn't so bad. ...So far that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Should just enforce English or something.

Brewmaster is my least liked hero after bat guy now. :|

Any way to get lvls fast except playing a lot? >.<
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-04-20 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Oceanic/Australian servers are now full of non-English speaking Asians.
    I'll trade you my EU-West russians for them anyday, 1:1 ratio.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years