The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Isn't it sad that people talk about team mate RNG.

It really is like playing the slots.

Also I don't know if its just that I'm seeing him picked more and people finally realised how to play him but I really think Void needs some adjustments.

I think he was fine before the buff to chronosphere but now its just over the top. He's a cancerous fucking hero that in most cases is an insta-win.
    Just get shadowblade and ethereal blade and hide in the trees when he chronos! Instant counter!

Haven't really seen all that many faceless voids while I've been playing at around 3k TMMR. And when we encountered him, he usually never ended up being a threat, because we ganked the 4 others into oblivion if we couldn't get him.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/841465136 Games like this is why I can't stop playing dota. Me and Batman making havoc everywhere on the map right after the first night, and we never stopped. SB fell off just as me and tinker started coming online.
    Aghs Nightstalker is fun. Gonna download and watch the game from their pov later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    BKB just needs to make people immune to Chronosphere. Void is fine as he is (barring fucking bullshit Backtrack RNG - MKB reaaaaaally ought to work on that shit - and when I say work on that shit, I mean MKB carriers shouldn't be able to miss spells on him, either), but Chrono being uncounterable and having a gigantic radius is just fucking retarded. You can't effectively be in position for a teamfight without having at least 2-3 heroes in range of Bullshitsphere - having BKB make people immune to Chrono would go an extremely long way towards making Void less of an unbelievably cancerous hero.

I mean, sure, pros can just ban the purple piece of shit, but the rest of us have to deal with Void in literally every ranked AP game. It's almost as bad as Tinker spam, but at least 9/10 Tinkers in ranked games are so fucking bad at their FotM hero of choice that you can just punish them for being Tinker-pickers. Punishing a dirty Void-picker is not so easy.
    I hate Chronosphere with a passion, but Faceless Void would be shit if BKB worked for it. Volvo should increase it's CD instead, by a lot. Everytime he uses it unless he's had shit farm he'll get at least 1 kill, more depending on his supporting cast being around.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i've learned from playing support when enemy has Void, get a blink, sit in back, when he chronoes, throw death ward. "Oh, i want to hit this Shadow Fiend in the face, but i get obliterated by death ward, and WD is out of range of Chrono so i will lose precious seconds when i'll try to focus him and having MoM on really hurts my face and my team can't do anything with him because the only path is blocked by my own Chrono and it will take too much time to take a detour around it hurp derp"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/841465136 Games like this is why I can't stop playing dota. Me and Batman making havoc everywhere on the map right after the first night, and we never stopped. SB fell off just as me and tinker started coming online.
    Aghs Nightstalker is fun. Gonna download and watch the game from their pov later tonight.
    Literally my first experience when i've played Nightstalker, "looks like it's a night it's time to gank the shit out of enemy team! *went to bottom line* double kill. *Went back to mid lane* kill *went to top lane *kill*". Oh, the times when matchmaking didn't existed and you could play vs people who isn't experienced in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    I hate Chronosphere with a passion, but Faceless Void would be shit if BKB worked for it. Volvo should increase it's CD instead, by a lot. Everytime he uses it unless he's had shit farm he'll get at least 1 kill, more depending on his supporting cast being around.
    If they will give extra CD they will have to make it foolproof (Omni ult, Black hole, Ravage, Song of the Siren, etc), so it won't hurt his teammates and it will be easier for him to land it properly. IMO Aghs upgrade is WAY over the top on him and they should look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    pick SD >> profit

Deleted
    So after a mini "argument" yesterday with some random dude it seems I am the only person that thinks that when people say "I can see you going to our ancients" in all chat (or anything the makes them aware that you have a ward in x location) is completely fucking retarded ?

I mean why let them know you can see them ? especially when they are setting up a gank, you can waste so much of their time only to run away as soon as they start moving, yet when some guy goes "I see you there es" I just leave, buy a counter ward and thank em for the free dewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    So after a mini "argument" yesterday with some random dude it seems I am the only person that thinks that when people say "I can see you going to our ancients" in all chat (or anything the makes them aware that you have a ward in x location) is completely fucking retarded ?

I mean why let them know you can see them ? especially when they are setting up a gank, you can waste so much of their time only to run away as soon as they start moving, yet when some guy goes "I see you there es" I just leave, buy a counter ward and thank em for the free dewarding.
    Yeah, i remember playing CM and waiting for a gank opportunity after defensive TP to our bottom lane (dire side), enemy PL said "go away cm". I typed "k", put a sentry ward and take away their observer
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In pub void is hard to counter if enemy team already picked around it. Every 2nd game its void + WD + Sky... A 3 man chrono is a won game any time.

Had a game just now vs a void, rubick, dazzle, brood and doom with silencer/storm/ES/PA/mirana. Their team had try harding safelane farming with pulling both neutral camps, they just sucked to stop us from leeching exp and than lack of any setup for kills cost them a game...

Soul ring on ES is damn op early game on lane, fissure harras 24/7...
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-19 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I find qwer better than legacy for me. I used to play with legacy keys (cuz dota 1) but in dota 2, since you can bind a lot of stuff. some legacy keys would fk some bind.
    sadly I still fk up with invoker sometimes, because I have to remember which skills are 1st/2nd lol.

also quickcast is so good, I've pretty much everything on quick cast(skill and inventory) and for normal cast alt+same key for stuff like aim spells and TP/force staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    QWER is obviously more optimized than Legacy. I made the switch to QWER after like 20 games of Dota 2. Even Invoker is easier with QWER because you don't have to hit awkward keys like Y for Coldsnap or what it was. I probably could start playing with Legacy keys again after like 1 or 2 games. They're still in my muscle memory.

Biggest problem with Quick Cast I'm having after switching is that you have to aim first then press your key. Without Quick Cast it was always press key then aim then click.
    Only problem I have is when I disconnect and come back to my hero having a jumble of keybinds. Even after two years they haven't found a way to fix legacy keys so that they don't revert to the bindings for whoever controlled your hero last.

I just had the best AD ever. I got tide and I was blue, got Shukuchi, root, dark pact (best skill in the game) and shadow dance. literally immortal 2strong ez game. anyway. the fun thing was we were getting stomped and we (I*) made a nice comeback, all most of my matches are too one sided atm it sucks fk push strats
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played a game, all solo queues. Perfect communication and coordination. OD, CM, Enigma, Weaver and Clinkz. Enigma blinks in, holes, CM comes in ults, I drop an ult (OD) every one is dead. Whilst Clinkz and Weaver wreck the people not in black hole. Easiest win of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is there setting to use to not get south americans in my games/
    Yeah. It's called uninstall. Pubbing is always going to be shit until they do something about South Americans, Russians, etc ending up on a team with players who don't share a language with them. I'd just say region lock it and to hell with it all, but Everything Nice had a pretty good idea that made a good compromise where players could only select one language and it wouldn't group players on the same team if they didn't share the same language.

I have no idea how you'd enforce rules requiring people to not pick languages they can't speak, though.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah. It's called uninstall. Pubbing is always going to be shit until they do something about South Americans, Russians, etc ending up on a team with players who don't share a language with them. I'd just say region lock it and to hell with it all, but Everything Nice had a pretty good idea that made a good compromise where players could only select one language and it wouldn't group players on the same team if they didn't share the same language.

I have no idea how you'd enforce rules requiring people to not pick languages they can't speak, though.
    I'm pretty sure that when Russians and South Americans get people who don't speak their language on their teams are quite upset too. At least i am. I queue exclusively for Russian region and i have only Russian language chosen, while i still get people from Europe who don't speak Russian and yell and 4 other people on their team for not speaking English.
    I just want a huge label on loading screen like "YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY ON RUSSIAN/ENGLISH/W.E. LANGUAGE SERVER" so people will stop complaining, valves' current system with favored language is not working correctly

Deleted
    Anyone knows a good build for earthshaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Etc.
    That's weird. For a while I queued on the Russian server (since I hear it's significantly closer, being located in Sweden or Finland or whatever), and every single match there anyone spoke a word of English it was to complain about me speaking English.

But I only had English selected. So I presumed the twits were playing with English selected too... It might've eventually merged the two pools as queue kept going though, Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Entlebucher View Post
    Anyone knows a good build for earthshaker?
    Start with a point in fissure for the utility. If you can, roam a little and use fissure to block people and make kills. If not, go to whatever lane you can for levels. Max aftershock immediately with a point in enchant totem. Use enchant totem to harass people that get near you and last hit if you have to. Get arcanes. From here, you can easily jungle up more items with enchant totem spam. Or fight people if you want. At level 6 with level 3 aftershock ES is already strong enough to wipe two heroes and a creep wave out of a lane by himself, and most people won't expect it because they'll be expecting a level 1 aftershock ES with a tiny no damage ultimate. Max enchant totem second.

Two main paths for ES here. One, you get desolator daedalus armlet shadow blade and you run around one shotting people. Otherwise, you get blink veil shivas sheeper scepter and be a caster. I would buy blink as a "carry ES" from time to time, but I would never buy shadow blade as a caster ES. Blink can do shadow blade's job, but the same is not true in reverse.

Pro tip, always go into fights with enchant totem up, even as a caster build, so that you can get off two enchant totem auto attacks during your spell combo. Even without any +damage items (like armlet) ES can still melee for like 500 damage and two of those on a squishy support like Rubick + ult + fissure is almost certainly death for them at any stage of the game.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/9387...ion=&duration=

Don't get caught up thinking ES is a long range caster, he is not. He does the most damage, stuns people the hardest, and is by far the scariest in melee range. He has huge HP and decent armor to take the hits, and he should be up in people's faces slamming them with his giant rod. Just remember you can sit back and be a coward if you have to, that is the strength of ES and if you're against a hard trilane and there is really just nowhere you can go and be safe, maxing fissure first is always a viable, even if weaker, alternative. Yay for pusher strats!
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-08-20 at 11:43 AM.

Maxing fissure first is really nice if you have no easy way of approaching he enemy heroes without getting wrecked, and/or if the enemies try to disengage while on low health... Being able to snipe enemy heroes with your big, fat rod is pretty fantastic.

Deleted
    #5 ES every game so I can't go the fun strongman ES builds.

The only thing to remember if you are not going carry ES is that you are one of the best ganks in the entire game, make use of it.

Soul ring on ES is amazing.

carry es is so op, can solo vs any1 cuz enchant totem build. and after u get treads blink armlet u can solo any1 with - pre enchant totem->blink-fisure->hit->enchant totem->hit. if they dont die, echo slam for fun. a simple soul ring, help u a lot with ur mana, and here u get heart if try hard. or crit for fun
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.