God it's so satisfying when you have a Nature's Prophet try and go for your head (I was Vengeful Spirit) only to find his ass wrecked in a few hits.

I thought void jungle is gonna be terrible experience once noobs pick 2 carries, offlane, mid. 15:15 battlefury with some roaming here and there to lane when mid was trying to gank. 2 points in backtrack, shield and queling blade with killing neutrals between trees solo, ring of health and than you have all options open for MoM/Boots or finish that BF.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-20 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    #5 ES every game so I can't go the fun strongman ES builds.

The only thing to remember if you are not going carry ES is that you are one of the best ganks in the entire game, make use of it.
    Make someone else hard support, leaving a melee caster hero with low base mana to buy wards and chicken is just asking to lose imo. ES absolutely need items to be effective, at least blink, AT LEAST, and something to do his mana over, heroes like CM need nothing.

Deleted
    heh, make someone else.

If I could make that happen my winrate would go up by atleast 5% :P

Generally I pick ES first (no reason not to, he is good against all heroes) and then watch as the team picks 2 / 3 carries and an offlaner. So far I've since I've played ES differently I've got 6/9 wins (should have been 7 but my internets died on me)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    heh, make someone else.

If I could make that happen my winrate would go up by atleast 5% :P

Generally I pick ES first (no reason not to, he is good against all heroes) and then watch as the team picks 2 / 3 carries and an offlaner. So far I've since I've played ES differently I've got 6/9 wins (should have been 7 but my internets died on me)
    Still doesn't mean you have to be the ward bitch. Tell the team to man up and help or you go jungle 30 minutes cy@

Deleted
    If is good enough to win games by myself I would, but alas I am not good enough for that. I can certainly make a big impact but not quite good enough for the finishing touches most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I just witnessed one of the most toxic players I have ever encountered on this game. Literally, this guy (Clockwerk) claims mid. But the fact is Tinker was at mid. Then he complained that Clockwerk is a shit hero outside of the mid lane. How do these people even get in the same mmr? So he decides he would feed to everyone. Shaming Asians and saying how he would "nuke" all of China, Taiwan and Japan. I don't understand people sometimes.

Fucking cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could somebody give me some pointers to beating SF? I always have a lot of issues surviving against him in lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Could somebody give me some pointers to beating SF? I always have a lot of issues surviving against him in lane.
    He shouldn't really be able to solo-kill you without a Haste rune unless you screw up severely and eat Razes to the face. On top of that, his base damage is absolute ass, so instead of trading harass with him early, focus on your denies and lasthits - the longer it takes him to grab those first extremely important souls, the better. With 38 damage, it's not like he can really bully you out of lane in the first place.

If you're a melee hero, it's obviously a lot harder since he'll have an easier time clipping you with Razes, but the first few minutes against SF really are the most critical - the longer you force him to play with terrible damage, the harder you make his life.

Deleted
    Beating SF is all about not letting him get momentum. The first level you should try your best not to let him get any CS and try to get harass on him as well. After he gets level 2 he will probably start razing a bit but his damage output will still be low so try to keep harassing him while getting all last hits. By doing this you will get a lead that will allow you to maybe win the lane.

At level 3 and forward there isn't much to stop SF from farming because of level 2 Raze. You just have to try to kill him if you want to win the lane. Do note that most good SFs will try to hit you+creeps with their razes. SFs don't want to waste raze for only one last hit. So if you see a creep that is low and you are standing close to it then move away. He will for sure raze you.

I've done a lot of SF vs X and the biggest mistake people make is too little pressure and bad last hitting the first three levels.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-21 at 09:16 PM.

Also check his starting items (do it against every hero, but extremely important against SF). If he starts with a Wraith Band that means he has no Salve, so you shoud focus on harassing him as much as possible, since he only has tangos for regen. Also check if he has Necromastery at lvl 1 when he arrives to the lane (the icon shows even if he has 0 souls), because some SF's start with Raze at lvl 1, to get their Bottle ASAP (I've seen S4 and rtz occasionally do this), but lvl 1 Raze only does 75 dmg, which is equal to the damage of any melee hero with a QB, so it's still not that hard to deny him CS, just a bit harder than when he tries to CS with his 44 starting dmg. And probably the most important thing against SF is to get a good block at the start. He will then try to aggro the creeps downhill, at which point you can just walk up and right click him. On the bright side, if SF dies once, he lost mid forever. His chances of comeback are 0.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-08-21 at 09:36 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Also check his starting items (do it against every hero, but extremely important against SF). If he starts with a Wraith Band that means he has no Salve, so you shoud focus on harassing him as much as possible, since he only has tangos for regen. Also check if he has Necromastery at lvl 1 when he arrives to the lane (the icon shows even if he has 0 souls), because some SF's start with Raze at lvl 1, to get their Bottle ASAP (I've seen S4 and rtz occasionally do this), but lvl 1 Raze only does 75 dmg, which is equal to the damage of any melee hero with a QB, so it's still not that hard to deny him CS, just a bit harder than when he tries to CS with his 44 starting dmg. And probably the most important thing against SF is to get a good block at the start. He will then try to aggro the creeps downhill, at which point you can just walk up and right click him. On the bright side, if SF dies once, he lost mid forever. His chances of comeback are 0.
    QB doesn't work with denies I think and SF is one of the best heroes to make a comeback from a death. Very few heroes can stop SF who go Raze first from getting CS with level 1 Raze. TA with a Wraith Band is about the only one I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    QB doesn't work with denies I think and SF is one of the best heroes to make a comeback from a death. Very few heroes can stop SF who go Raze first from getting CS with level 1 Raze. TA with a Wraith Band is about the only one I can think of.
    It doesn't work on denies, I used the "melee hero with a QB" for comparison of how much damage it does. That's why I said to check what he skilled first. If you know he has Raze first, you will need to try a bit harder to deny him creeps, but it's not that mega-hard to just make him miss at least 1 creep per wave, and delay his Bottle. I don't think SF is good to make a comeback from death though. If you kill him early and he misses some XP his Raze will be lower lvl than it should, and if you kill him a bit later he loses all his souls and it takes 3-4 waves to get them back.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It doesn't work on denies, I used the "melee hero with a QB" for comparison of how much damage it does. That's why I said to check what he skilled first. If you know he has Raze first, you will need to try a bit harder to deny him creeps, but it's not that mega-hard to just make him miss at least 1 creep per wave, and delay his Bottle. I don't think SF is good to make a comeback from death though. If you kill him early and he misses some XP his Raze will be lower lvl than it should, and if you kill him a bit later he loses all his souls and it takes 3-4 waves to get them back.
    So where did you get the "it's still not that hard to deny him CS" part from? Because denying against 75 pure damage is quite difficult.

SF is good at comeback because all he needs is level 3 and he will have guaranteed CS even if you killed him once. Doesn't matter what level you are. Once he hits level 5 you can't stop him. Once he hits level 7 he can clear mid then farm jungle. Even if you mange to force him out of lane he can find farm in jungle.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-21 at 10:15 PM.

SF is the best comeback, 0 mana cost 900 damage nuke with no cooldown makes it impossible to stop him from getting gold. Even if you somehow manage to completely kick him out of mid so hard that he can't even shadowraze for gold, he can just stack jungle and still maintain 500 GPM.

You want to beat SF, pick a better carry and have a better team. All SF is is a ton of auto attack damage and guaranteed farm. Most melee carrys make short work of him and the proper team that can keep strong early game will keep him down as well. The biggest way people lose to SF is letting him have runes and letting him get a lot of early power, such as a quick blink dagger so he can run around and start two shotting supports.

Pick a hero like SB or PA and gank him endlessly and he is no scary hero. Try to sit back and outfarm him and you will lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    He shouldn't really be able to solo-kill you without a Haste rune unless you screw up severely and eat Razes to the face. On top of that, his base damage is absolute ass, so instead of trading harass with him early, focus on your denies and lasthits - the longer it takes him to grab those first extremely important souls, the better. With 38 damage, it's not like he can really bully you out of lane in the first place.

If you're a melee hero, it's obviously a lot harder since he'll have an easier time clipping you with Razes, but the first few minutes against SF really are the most critical - the longer you force him to play with terrible damage, the harder you make his life.
    Actually, i find it easier to beat him as melee, because of bottlecrow you have all the sustain. SFs' base damage is crap, early game Razes are shit too and they push lane forward. All you need is scare him off creep until you get decent run, got rune - kill him. If he doesn't die for ~7 minutes, you need help to kill him because at this point he probably has a lot of souls and becomes dangerous

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post

At level 3 and forward there isn't much to stop SF from farming because of level 2 Raze. You just have to try to kill him if you want to win the lane. Do note that most good SFs will try to hit you+creeps with their razes. SFs don't want to waste raze for only one last hit. So if you see a creep that is low and you are standing close to it then move away. He will for sure raze you.
    I've noticed that when i've played Brew and realized that every time i move in to creep to deny, i get smacked. Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I only ever really play TA and LC mid, and honestly both do pretty well against him. TA because the matchup is hilariously far in her favour (you can bully SF out of lane solo, and you can out-farm him with Psi Blades. God I love TA. So deliciously OP ), and LC because you have much better base damage, and if SF is in range to Raze for lasthits, he's generally also in range to take a 2-300 damage Odds to the face.

Hell, when I play TA vs SF mid, I generally wait to whether the SF goes Necromastery or Raze lvl 1 (almost always Necro, in my experience), and if he goes Necromastery, you can just take Psi Blades and make his life a living hell. Even with a greedy starting build of 2 branches and a set of tangoes, you have like 20 base damage on the poor guy without Refraction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I only ever really play TA and LC mid, and honestly both do pretty well against him. TA because the matchup is hilariously far in her favour (you can bully SF out of lane solo, and you can out-farm him with Psi Blades. God I love TA. So deliciously OP ), and LC because you have much better base damage, and if SF is in range to Raze for lasthits, he's generally also in range to take a 2-300 damage Odds to the face.

Hell, when I play TA vs SF mid, I generally wait to whether the SF goes Necromastery or Raze lvl 1 (almost always Necro, in my experience), and if he goes Necromastery, you can just take Psi Blades and make his life a living hell. Even with a greedy starting build of 2 branches and a set of tangoes, you have like 20 base damage on the poor guy without Refraction.
    SF vs LC:

I feel like SF should come out ahead in this matchup but LC has some serious killing potential on SF when she hits 6 and if she gets a gank from her supports. This will force SF to play very passive and make LC come out ahead but SF can go into jungle to keep his farm up. But this is just because of threat of ganks combined with Duel. In a pure 1v1 I think SF comes out ahead for sure.

SF vs TA:

This matchup interests me a lot. While the general consensus is that TA beats SF, I'm not so sure. I've talked to DragonFist about it and he also says SF loses to TA and the killing potential at level 6 is too much for SF. He did agree though that the SF can probably get decent farm against TA if played properly.

However, in all my test games I've never been beaten by a TA consistently. The CS is about even, sometimes I win CS sometimes TA wins but overall SF wins more. It might be because I'm a better mid player than those I've played against but I think SF got a fair shot against TA unless the SF messes up the first 2 waves.

I also thinks it is a huge mistake to go Necromastery without a Wraith Band so the damage difference won't be that large if you take Psi Blades first unless you went Wraith Band too.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-22 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    wouldnt put my $$ on some pub TA spammer for valuable information

10+ Year Old Account
    Things i've learned today: Laguna blade'ing Void first (when he still has 100% health) is foolproof way to deal full damage of your ult while ignoring backtrack.
    Also, that things like Shallow Grave, Aphotic Shield, Refraction, Borrowed Time won't save you if you are nuked for damage exceeding your max health.

Now i wonder, if Necro ult + veil of discord can actually kill people with 1 health under Shallow Grave effect
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-22 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.