This video has successfully entertained me.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Watched the movie now. Pretty obvious all along. Good he did put in the disclaimer though, to show he didn't have intentions of fooling anyone, which he probably did anyway, despite one not thinking it was his intention.

Despite that. Pretty entertaining. (no, I'm not ill)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Despite that. Pretty entertaining. (no, I'm not ill)
    Then you must have died and been returned as Commander Shepar--cyberjesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Err

The temps were fake dude

It's not "close" to impossible, it IS impossible, you can't make anything cooler than the ambient temperature by using the ambient temperature itself (laws of thermodynamics!). The room would've had to be atleast -30c otherwise, and Tom would've been frozen to the goddamn bone.
    It's only -22 F. I've driven to work in -17 F, all you have to do is dress accordingly and such and you'll be fine.

But yeah, it was fake, but HILARIOUS!! XD His laughing at the end, hahahahahaa

(And this is part of why I just love TTL, he's a human being.)

Are you completely sure of that...?

Pretty nice vídeo, but it didn't work when I tried =[

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I've been about in less -40° (the only point where Celsius and Fahrenheit coincide) in a T-shirt walking between buildings. It wasn't too awful, since that place had a very non-humid coldness without wind. Yes, it was still cold, but I've felt colder at -20°C/-4°F with a 95~% humid environment and wind.

It's fine for short periods of time. I used to work outside last winter wearing just a hoodie in the -20's. Doesn't feel cold when you come from the warm and keep moving. Just like having a sauna break outside naked, you can sit in -30 and be perfectly comfortable for 5-10 minutes. :P

It's when you spend longer times in the extreme temperatures when you realise what cold truely is. Twenty hours outside ranging from -20 to -30 degrees and 4 hours sleep in -10. For a week, with no chance to warm up. Yeah that's cold.

So, my parts came in, and the heatfins on the D14 are damn near touching the PCB of my video card, we're talking 1-2mm at most...

What do you guys suggest I do? I was thinking maybe getting a piece of rubber in between them, but I suppose I could also return the D14 for a smaller air cooler (maybe the NZXT Havik 120 or Noctua NH-U12P).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-09-20 at 01:31 PM.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Or just use them like normal. I have an ASUS Xonar DX between an NH-D14 and a Direct Cu II triple-slot cooler. =)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Or just use them like normal. I have an ASUS Xonar DX between an NH-D14 and a Direct Cu II triple-slot cooler. =)
    Oh, that makes me feel better, I was all worried about causing a short. I actually bent in the fan clips so they're flush with the fins, and also wrapped them in electrical tape.

Why would they cause a short. :-) The cooler is connected to the same board as the graphics card and neither surface is carrying an electric current.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-09-20 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Why would they cause a short. :-) The cooler is connected to the same board as the graphics card and neither surface is carrying an electric current.
    I don't know, friction causing static electricity? I've just always been told to be weary at things rubbing against each other inside a PC lol.

Although, Noctua does recommend you insult the fan mount clips if they're near your PCB: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=f...id=53&lng=en#1

Come to think of it...

Yeah, maybe a piece of electrical tape wouldn't hurt anyone. I was somehow thinking of a card with a backplate.

I'm awful with laws regarding electricity anyway, remind me next time I sprout witty comments like that.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I've seen this a few months ago, but now when we're finally creeping closer, it does make me happy to see.

We really need AMD to succeed now. 20% increased IPC, and those stock/turbo speeds... It won't outright beat Ivy Bridge, but better than Sandy Bridge out of the box? I can hope. They may still overclock as well. (I have no idea)
    It will also help that intel really cannot make chipsets, where AMDs are surprisingly good.

so i went and priced out a 4k monitor, i about shit myself when i saw the price, they average about $10-50k

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    so i went and priced out a 4k monitor, i about shit myself when i saw the price, they average about $10-50k
    Give it 4 months, I'm sure the prices will drop significantly.

But for the record, where did you price it?

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Huh. Already as cheap as 10k USD, eh? Last i checked, the ones over here cost five times that. And were va-panels. <3

So this looks rather intriguing...

http://power-grid.roccat.org/
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Very. Shame it's not available for WP yet.