Or Android. :|
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I think I've seen that or something similiar before. Something to dock in a keyboard to use your phone as an accessory/gamepad. Huh. Maybe it was this in an earlier stage? That did look a bit more limited than this Roccat thing though.

Also. Dell S2440L. Glossy 16:9 VA-panel. Mmmm.
    It's connectivity (VGA+HDMI) is godawful though. Who has a GPU with HDMI at all?! Let alone three? DP->DVI->HDMI adapters for three? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    So this looks rather intriguing...

http://power-grid.roccat.org/
    Interesting but I don't think I'll use it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I think I've seen that or something similiar before. Something to dock in a keyboard to use your phone as an accessory/gamepad. Huh. Maybe it was this in an earlier stage? That did look a bit more limited than this Roccat thing though.

Also. Dell S2440L. Glossy 16:9 VA-panel. Mmmm.
    It's connectivity (VGA+HDMI) is godawful though. Who has a GPU with HDMI at all?! Let alone three? DP->DVI->HDMI adapters for three? Ugh.
    Ugh and it's LED backlit. =/

Not a fan of VA panels. Too much colour shift, and the response time is poor. Some even suffer from input lag from what I hear.

I also don't like glossy screens, personally.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    The response time is faster on that than on the IPS-panels in the S-series, ie 6ms.
    VA is fantastic if you ever watch movies. TN panels and IPS panels have way too poopy blacklevels for my taste.
    Matte screens are destroyed with AG-coating though. The older UltraSharps are clear examples.

And no, they are not LED-backlit. To this day, I've only seen two backlit LED-monitors. These are edgelit.

What's wrong with the coating on the older Ultrasharps? I dulls the colour a bit yes, but in the end it's all more uniform and crisp. Far easier on the eyes than a glossy screen.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I wouldn't consider a non-glossy screen compared to a glossy screen ever "easier on the eyes". :P
    And the older AG-coating makes the screen look dirty and grainy (not in absolute terms, but if you've ever sat in front of a glass-panelled 30" 16:10 IPS, wow what a difference).

Do iMac screens count? They are glass covered glossy IPS screens. I can't stand them.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I think they use the same LG-panels as Dell's does, at least in Cinema Display-monitors.
    Why's that? Are you in an improperly lit room and thus reflections, or something in the image representation itself?

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 03:50 AM ----------

I finally remembered where I remembered that guy from!

I remember him more as the guy who did the "Did Apple really invent anything?" video, it was so much full of truth.

Anyway lets get back on TOPIC. I was in a mouse thread regarding how long stuff lasts, and it got me thinking....

I'm yet to own a toaster that doesn't keep breaking every year. I'm careful with them, but eventually something in the mechanism starts failing or the electronics inside causes my house's power to short. It's a fucking TOASTER, how the hell can it go so wrong?

Our 900w microwave lasted over 12 years - yes 12 years, we had bought it back in 2000. I don't even know which company made it, all the writing/stickers had faded off as a result of it being wiped clean so often :P. Sadly the internal light finally gave out last month, and that was just the light...it was still fully functional lol, it would probably still have kept working till 2020. Now THAT is what you call durability.

I'm thinking of buying one of those really expensive brushed-metal toasters (aluminium are they?), I'm sure to get better build quality.

I'll be sure to check reviews on the toaster, check out the feedback, do a little research here and there. Y'know, the usual stuff. After building a PC, the prospect of looking for toasters isn't all that scary anymore.

Stop sticking a knife in there to retrieve stuck toast

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 12:13 PM ----------

hmm...watching that TTL video...yeah, probably faked the temps but windchill factor?

*A sound like a 747 starting its engines*

"I can't hear it!"
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2012-09-24 at 10:21 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I remember him more as the guy who did the "Did Apple really invent anything?" video, it was so much full of truth.
    Yeah, that's where I saw him and realised he nudged my memory. And now I found those where I remembered him from.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Anyway lets get back on TOPIC. I was in a mouse thread regarding how long stuff lasts, and it got me thinking....

I'm yet to own a toaster that doesn't keep breaking every year. I'm careful with them, but eventually something in the mechanism starts failing or the electronics inside causes my house's power to short. It's a fucking TOASTER, how the hell can it go so wrong?

Our 900w microwave lasted over 12 years - yes 12 years, we had bought it back in 2000. I don't even know which company made it, all the writing/stickers had faded off as a result of it being wiped clean so often :P. Sadly the internal light finally gave out last month, and that was just the light...it was still fully functional lol, it would probably still have kept working till 2020. Now THAT is what you call durability.

I'm thinking of buying one of those really expensive brushed-metal toasters (aluminium are they?), I'm sure to get better build quality.

I'll be sure to check reviews on the toaster, check out the feedback, do a little research here and there. Y'know, the usual stuff. After building a PC, the prospect of looking for toasters isn't all that scary anymore.
    I have the same problem with toasters. My current toaster was working fine when I got it a few months ago, now it has a habit of doing one slice perfect, and taking the other slice through the fires of hell itself.

We have a flywheel powered guillotine style stock cutter at work that's over 100 years old. It was originally powered by central belts in a factory, but we rigged an electric motor to it when we got it. Works perfectly. THAT'S durability.

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Btw anyone here got any idea how time consuming it would be to create a dual boot with W7 + linux?
    using linux for school applications but i want to become more experienced in how to work better with it. (school being radiation treatmentplanning/rendering and/or adapting CT images)

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Last (and only time) I did it, it took an hour.

Spot the guy who's most excited about MoP

Also, geegee.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Are those.. Are those condoms lying next to your keyboard? Tssk. What would Mette say?

You wish :P

They're glasses/lens wipes, it's my first time having a pair of glasses & I somehow keep making fingerprints on them.

Not blaming you though, they do look like condoms xD
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2012-09-25 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Are those.. Are those condoms lying next to your keyboard? Tssk. What would Mette say?
    Funny, I just said that to inux94 as well. I thought the same thing.

Last I remember, you were done with WoW/all MMOs, Inux.

Sucker.