Old news perhaps but I just noticed; Yay!

Now I'll just have to wait that the retailers pick up on it.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-13 at 02:57 PM.

Took them long enough :P
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Been out a while, yes. But windows. Eugh. So tacky And makes it harder to run non-watercooled multi GPU solutions.

Windows is the best thing that's happened to cases. :P

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Windows is the best thing that's happened to cases. :P
    Seconded

And multi-GPU setups haven't *required* extra side ventilation for some time now (480 SLI was the last), just a decent front or bottom intake is enough.

And the fractal design's solution is sleek! In my opinion anyway..

I like windows, but personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other per se. As long as they don't try the halfway solution that winds up being completely ass. (Vengeance C70 being a prime example of a bad window.)

As long as they don't put a bloody fan mount over the graphics card(s) because the way that drilled perspex refracts light means taht the windows is totally opaque right there, which completely negates the point of a bloody case window.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

I generally like windows too, but only when it's done right.

There's people who get a tower with a window only to have a complete cable-mess to show, with tacky LEDs spread around the interior. Then there's people who spend tons of time on cable management, setting up a watercooling loop, ordering custom back-plates and/or other components, colour-matching parts, etc. Those builds warrant a window to show the excellent work, however I don't find a window to be necessarily required either. It's up to the end user.

I would actually have to consider if I really needed the window if it wasn't for the iffy powder coating on my current door which needs replacing. At one spot it attracts dust and skin from hands and looks constantly dirty. :S

It wasn't until recently that I changed my opinion about windows actually. I was against them to the point when I upgraded my setup and now it looks so pretty that I sometimes leave the door open just for admiration.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-14 at 02:22 AM.

So I saw a mouse with Cherry MX...

http://www.leetgion.com/products.php

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    There's people who get a tower with a window only to have a complete cable-mess to show, with tacky LEDs spread around the interior.
    Well...I hope my LED's aren't considered tacky :S

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    windows are all about what someone wants to show.
    it's really neat with matching colors and good cable management other way around not so much
    actually considered it but my pc is pretty much out of side so i decided not to take one.
    also bored as shit, windows backup restore working for 16h and only halfway QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well...I hope my LED's aren't considered tacky :S
    You have a very neat thing going on there, no worries in my opinion. :P I just ordered six of those air flow series fans actually. And received my new screen for test use! o_o

Does a new screen warrant a set of new pictures in the post your setup? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Does a new screen warrant a set of new pictures in the post your setup? :>
    It's less of a "post your gaming setup" thread and more of "post some goddamn pics for people to gawk at" thread :P
    So yeah, if you have pics of anything computer-related then of course it warrants a post

The ones that are kind of annoying are 1-line posts of someone saying "getting a new gpu soon, will post pics." I mean what the hell, it's great they're getting a new gpu but posts like that could almost be considered spam.
    It's like me saying "Getting gtx 780 next year, will post pics." Means nothing o_O

Mechagnome
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Meh seen one "holy batman godly desk build" seen them all :P

... Holy cow.

I so badly want to make something like that now >_>

Another thing added to the list of "Things I can't afford"

Soo...since when do you not need to restart the computer when updating your graphics card driver? Just updated from 12.6 to 12.8 and it didn't need to reboot (I did a reboot anyway).

Now that I think about it, I don't remember restarting for the last couple driver updates.