Oh my, my 2560x1440 Korean screen just arrived, pretty freaking awesome!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    Oh my, my 2560x1440 Korean screen just arrived, pretty freaking awesome!
    pictures! and drop by in the post your gaming setup thread else?

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Only 450GB for games?

I am disappoint Cyan.
    wow, skyrim, and crysis are on the SSD, but i dont think i have as many games as you

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Mechagnome
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

I should put that up with a picture of my computer with merely the caption "Cute."

i did some digging after posting that pic on facebook, it's using a 4 core cpu with each core having 4 logical sub cores, think of a xeon chip using AMD's module concept that is then hyperthreaded, for 16 logical threads, however, it's gonna come down to power, and even with all that and maybe a 28/22nm process, it still wont be as good as a desktop, because the cpu simply wont be as powerful as a desktop cpu

Microsoft's 'Durango' development kits are already in developers' hands, and the CPU at the heart of the machine is a monster. Where 360 has a three-core CPU from 2005, Durango promises four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores - a spec greater than anything even the most hardcore PC gamer has on his desktop
    apparently this guy has never heard of skulltrail, SR-2 and the SR-X, or the rofl levels of performance of a single 6 core cpu at 4.6Ghz running 4 gpus

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i did some digging after posting that pic on facebook, it's using a 4 core cpu with each core having 4 logical sub cores, think of a xeon chip using AMD's module concept that is then hyperthreaded, for 16 logical threads, however, it's gonna come down to power, and even with all that and maybe a 28/22nm process, it still wont be as good as a desktop, because the cpu simply wont be as powerful as a desktop cpu

apparently this guy has never heard of skulltrail, SR-2 and the SR-X, or the rofl levels of performance of a single 6 core cpu at 4.6Ghz running 4 gpus
    please tell me it will perform similar to amd cpu's? (bwhahaha next gen consoles making me laugh already)
    also yes one cannot simply grasp the idea of a i7-3960x @4,6 with a quad gpu setup to back it up :P (in defense that that thing is pretty close to becomming a concious being instead of just a pc)

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Sigh. I bet you all will be sulking when it still performs better than the setups you listed.

And there is nothing wrong with AMD CPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Sigh. I bet you all will be sulking when it still performs better than the setups you listed.

cmon the odds of that happening are pretty much the same and 2012 being the end of the world maya yadada.

I think it's quite apt to remind you that I don't see a GPU mentioned...

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    cmon the odds of that happening are pretty much the same and 2012 being the end of the world maya yadada.
    You can believe what you want, but it will run games much, much, much smoother than a comparable PC.

You can believe what you want, but it will run games much, much, much smoother than a comparable PC.
    at the price of what settings? console market will never equal high end gaming rigs like those around here are becoming more and more common imo.

@drunken last gpu that was mentioned for the xbox was some ati mid range card worth about $75 and released in 2009 iirc

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    at the price of what settings? console market will never equal high end gaming rigs like those around here are becoming more and more common imo.
    ... If it had ran Windows.
    And then, it would be true.
    But it does not (in games). So it will not.

the beauty of something like a SR-X is VT-d, you can run a dual 2687 xeon setup with 4 gtx-690s, or a complement of GPUs, say 2 690s, 4 7970s and a firepro or quadro, then build VMs with allocated GPU power, game A runs well with crossfire? load up 3 7970s into your VM and game away, while using the 690s for compute of a render, and take no performance hit for either application

what makes me sad is that the few people with an SR-X build take advantage of almost none of it's capability, most end up being show builds, but that is something that a console wont match, not at least for a few more generations

and as for graphics and smoothness, consoles have never really matched PC, but they are better for simply gaming, or at least they used to, it used to be you just put your game in and played, but now with constant downloading of patches and updates, and dealing with hard drive space, there really is no advantage to using a console anymore

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    the beauty of something like a SR-X is VT-d, you can run a dual 2687 xeon setup with 4 gtx-690s, or a complement of GPUs, say 2 690s, 4 7970s and a firepro or quadro, then build VMs with allocated GPU power, game A runs well with crossfire? load up 3 7970s into your VM and game away, while using the 690s for compute of a render, and take no performance hit for either application
    I actually know how it works.
    And while future gaming will likely get multi-core support, we're not there yet so I can only take that into account; More threads won't make it better for gaming. It will however probably make the CPUs have good enough bandwidth to not limit the GPUs though.

And I'd say consoles were more than competetive in their early cycles.

I'm not saying they'll be superior for years and years, but for maybe the first 6 months, the console experience might surprise a few.

i did some digging after posting that pic on facebook, it's using a 4 core cpu with each core having 4 logical sub cores,
    So it is a bit like the octo-core in the current PS3 then?

Don't get me wrong, it is about time that consoles get more powerful, maybe we'll get some games that are designed for better hardware than a wolfdale era dual core and something like an 8400 GTS
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-01-04 at 12:29 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The GS3 is practically the nicest or one of the nicest phones on the market. O_o

Also, Corsair M90 came in last night.

Also, tetrisGOAT is a nerd.
    Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of the GS3 4G.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L8UoN.png
    Genius, pure genius.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So it is a bit like the octo-core in the current PS3 then?

Don't get me wrong, it is about time that consoles get more powerful, maybe we'll get some games that are designed for better hardware than a wolfdale era dual core and something like an 8400 GTS
    Pretty much this.

I'd like to start getting games that aren't being artificially gimped so they can meet hardware requirements for shitty consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Pretty much this.

I'd like to start getting games that aren't being artificially gimped so they can meet hardware requirements for shitty consoles.
    same for controls on certain games imo