Deleted
    Yo, im wondering if anyone here can help me. Im using a NVIDIA GT 240 and AMD phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 GHz with 3 gigabytes of ram on windows XP. However my fps in 25 man raids is under 30 and i have all settings at the lowest, resolution at 1920x1080. Is it normal or is something wrong here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrewd View Post
    Yo, im wondering if anyone here can help me. Im using a NVIDIA GT 240 and AMD phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 GHz with 3 gigabytes of ram on windows XP. However my fps in 25 man raids is under 30 and i have all settings at the lowest, resolution at 1920x1080. Is it normal or is something wrong here?
    make a seperate thread for that issue, this isn't a Q&A place.
    first glimps though, multimedia card + amd cpu = bad combo for wow.

I'd say on lowest, it's perhaps a bit low. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry, since the CPU you have is really weak, and on top of that, quite weakly clocked. Clock speed and architecture >>> cores for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEY GUYS.
    GOOD TIP.

Backup everything from your OS drive before trying to overclock, my motherboard basically went NOPE and went on a reboot cycle without POST'ing. Which led me to resetting the BIOS by removing the battery, when I had reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt for some reason.

Lost about 3GB of drivers & other downlads, which is pretty huge in Greenland :C
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    waht. you dont have to lose anything assuming that you have an extra drive laying around (or another computer you can plug your drive into)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    HEY GUYS.
    GOOD TIP.

Backup everything from your OS drive before trying to overclock, my motherboard basically went NOPE and went on a reboot cycle without POST'ing. Which led me to resetting the BIOS by removing the battery, when I had reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt for some reason.

Lost about 3GB of drivers & other downlads, which is pretty huge in Greenland :C
    Lost you at the "reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt" part. How the flying heck? Sounds like another reason to stay away from W8...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Because no Windows ever before either itself had a calculatory error or had their system do the same?
    The fault is not Windows 8 in that instance, although hardly perfect.
    Remember sometimes those BSODs you get, and sometimes the computer crashes where you never even get to see the blue screen? That blue screen is not the crash, but what Windows throws up to protect it from writing something corruptable. Or when it divides by zero. Either way, sometimes it goes straight to having gone wrong and it can be corrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow it works again.

After all the issues I unplugged/replugged both my GTX 670 & HD 5450, the screens kept blinking on/off until I forced it to shut down, I could move the mouse but the background was just black.

Apparently it had done a backup of last night's driver installations so I went ahead and tried that, now it works...

10 bucks something is going to happen tonight, knowing my luck.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Now that is kinda impressive, I think I know what will be on my birthday present wishlist.

I'll definitely consider that for a loop if I'm in need for something compact.

That is sick... Filling it up might with 2 GPU's might be a bitch tho?

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    That is sick... Filling it up might with 2 GPU's might be a bitch tho?
    Not really. Just plan ahead. For example you can fix yourself a fillport or res. Though it wasn't made clear from the video what side of it was in and what was out.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love winter

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I'm melting in summer here

Melting ALIIIIVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I've got so many Sickleflows lying around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    send them here, rumor is we lost the NA importer

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Got any hd650s lying around? because thats the piece I'm kind of tired of waiting on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    Got any hd650s lying around? because thats the piece I'm kind of tired of waiting on.
    Nein, just my 558's :P

Deleted
    Time to learn some computing. I have a question.

My PC went through 3-4 BSODs while playing a playstation 2 emulator (the emulator bugged out, we had too many inputs in a fightning game) and for some reason my skype and steam were logged off and reset settings, even though I haven't fiddled with them for weeks.

Can anyone tell me why this happens ? I assume it has to do with the registry.