Since I strongly doubt even a HD7970 or a GTX 680 can saturate a PCI-E 1.1 16x, I'd think that PCI-E 2.0 is fine even for 8x/8x, even with Titan, not even considering 16x. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Since I strongly doubt even a HD7970 or a GTX 680 can saturate a PCI-E 1.1 16x, I'd think that PCI-E 2.0 is fine even for 8x/8x, even with Titan, not even considering 16x. :P
    worst case scenario it's a 5% performance loss. (pci-e 16x 2.0 vs pci-e 16x 3.0)
    and who knows i might go crazy later down the line

i think I saw like 3-4% gain on my GTX680 when going from the 2600K to the 3770K. Don't know if it's just random or what. Can only notice a difference in in 3DMark11.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a new hard drive that is coming in. It is external but it cost the same as if it was internal, and if I am not happy with it's speed I can always just take it out and throw it into my computer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    i think I saw like 3-4% gain on my GTX680 when going from the 2600K to the 3770K. Don't know if it's just random or what. Can only notice a difference in in 3DMark11.
    well i must say i haven't seen my titan reach 100% load. (think the highest peak i've seen was 97%)
    however if that is cpu related i don't know for now.
    still a few % more on a 13,5k 3dmark score is quite significant

My old G19 is acting up >.< seems to be a common issue that not many have found the fix for, not sure if I should put up a thread for my fellow logitech-enthusiasts that are having the same problems.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Thinking about saving up for a large SSD just so that I don't have to deal with the noise of a mechanical drive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Thinking about saving up for a large SSD just so that I don't have to deal with the noise of a mechanical drive.
    why not get a shock/sound absorber based casing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    So, what do you guys think of the 4770K preview? Little underwhelming right? Think I'm staying on the Z77 platform until 2. generation Haswell is out, seems too small an upgrade.
    I think i'm skipping another round. No reason to replace my i5-760 that'll happily do 4.2ghz.
    Motherboard is only a few months old, since i got a bricked MSI P55-GD80 for 35E from a forumuser.
    Sent it to MSI to get it fixed, they sent me a new (maybe refurbished, dunno) model.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-03-19 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, skipping, got an i5 2500K. Unless a whole LAUNDRY LIST of games comes out that starts to make my PC struggle (and I seriously doubt it will once I get my hands on a new card), there is no reason to upgrade the CPU. Said games would also have to make heavy use of multi-threading and we're only *just* seeing games using 3-4 cores, with Crysis 3 being the first game to make full use of HT/6-8 cores.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Intel's "fault" in any way. If the preview is to be believed they continue to one-up themselves with steady increases in performance, go Intel! But Core i5 series as a whole are just such ridiculously good gaming chips, the individual-core performance (IPC) is nuts.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I upgrade, it will be because I got a job and want a newer better motherboard with a better chipset, more SATA 6Gb/s, more PCI-E lanes, and all that stuff.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If I upgrade, it will be because I got a job and want a newer better motherboard with a better chipset, more SATA 6Gb/s, more PCI-E lanes, and all that stuff.
    What're you going to do with more PCI-E lanes...SLI? :P
    I hope not, because micro-stuttering and terrible scaling is still a 100% real issue with both SLI and XFire: http://www.overclock.net/t/1371159/h...#post_19536759
    It's the only reason I've held off getting another 660 Ti and will continue holding off until I can buy a top-tier GPU next gen.

Also do you plan on getting more than 2 SSD's (you only had 1 M4 last I heard) to warrant more 6gbp/s ports? Just trying to make you feel less bad about your mobo >

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's see.

If I wanted to add in any other kind of PCI-E card other than my current sound card (Xonar DX) and my 1 GPU, I'd be pretty royally screwed, especially thanks to my case making the top PCI-E 2.0 1x slot more or less unusable. (Remember my HAF X is one of the older ones where the back PCI bracket area isn't flush straight up from the motherboard - not 90 degrees.)

But either way, I really only have one free PCI-E 1x lane and that's it. On the P8P67 board that I have, the second full lane only works at 1x, so I just have my sound card in it.

This would also open up being able to add in a second network card so I could wire my PC directly to another in my house, if I wanted to... and also more SATA RAID cards.

SLI isn't really something I want to fuck with, so don't worry about that. :P

And yes, I'd really love to add more SSDs.

Frankly, if I could get a job, I'd definitely make the following additions/upgrades/overhauls:

GTX Titan or 780 (depending on how soon I get the job, the 780 may be enough for me. ^_< )
    Crucial m500 480GB or 960GB SSD not sure which one.
    Haswell, perhaps!
    Asus Xonar Essence STX or Xonar One or both?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Adam Audio A3X or A4X studio monitors. They are leagues ahead of the Samson MediaONE 3A monitors I have - which I'd put with my drumset probably.
    Sennheiser HD 598s or 650s. My Shure SRH440s would be used for when I play the drums and go outside.
    Couple 23" IPS displays. Dell or LG.
    Better microphone, not sure which yet.
    Corsair K95 (I just can't stand the "partially-mechanical" K90 now that I know they made the K95... and Linus' video from CES of the K95 sold me instantly. Holy shit!)
    I'd probably replace my case, but I really want a case with drive bays but also other features, so as much as I love it, the Silverstone FT02BW is out.
    More HDDs... always more HDDs!
    Uh... have I come to the ending? Maybe a new desk and some more beer?
    Oh, and this drumset: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...ll-pack/560037
    "A flower.

But your case is nice and quiet deltrus, why would you want to replace it :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well, let's see.

If I wanted to add in any other kind of PCI-E card other than my current sound card (Xonar DX) and my 1 GPU, I'd be pretty royally screwed, especially thanks to my case making the top PCI-E 2.0 1x slot more or less unusable. (Remember my HAF X is one of the older ones where the back PCI bracket area isn't flush straight up from the motherboard - not 90 degrees.)

But either way, I really only have one free PCI-E 1x lane and that's it. On the P8P67 board that I have, the second full lane only works at 1x, so I just have my sound card in it.

This would also open up being able to add in a second network card so I could wire my PC directly to another in my house, if I wanted to... and also more SATA RAID cards.

SLI isn't really something I want to fuck with, so don't worry about that. :P

And yes, I'd really love to add more SSDs.

Frankly, if I could get a job, I'd definitely make the following additions/upgrades/overhauls:

GTX Titan or 780 (depending on how soon I get the job, the 780 may be enough for me. ^_< )
    Crucial m500 480GB or 960GB SSD not sure which one.
    Haswell, perhaps!
    Asus Xonar Essence STX or Xonar One or both?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Adam Audio A3X or A4X studio monitors. They are leagues ahead of the Samson MediaONE 3A monitors I have - which I'd put with my drumset probably.
    Sennheiser HD 598s or 650s. My Shure SRH440s would be used for when I play the drums and go outside.
    Couple 23" IPS displays. Dell or LG.
    Better microphone, not sure which yet.
    Corsair K95 (I just can't stand the "partially-mechanical" K90 now that I know they made the K95... and Linus' video from CES of the K95 sold me instantly. Holy shit!)
    I'd probably replace my case, but I really want a case with drive bays but also other features, so as much as I love it, the Silverstone FT02BW is out.
    More HDDs... always more HDDs!
    Uh... have I come to the ending? Maybe a new desk and some more beer?
    Oh, and this drumset: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...ll-pack/560037
    Ok then

You do that

*back to GW2*

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you, Xuvial. Die.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join Titan club Deltrus!

New fans with gren leds :P You know, to match the Titan's green glow. Can't have the rest of the case glowing blue!

Installed yday. Looks awesome, but that's my opinion. I know some of you hate LEDs :P Gonna post pics inside and out soon.
    Last edited by Wries; 2013-03-20 at 12:23 PM.

I like green. I will make you that concession.
    &nbsp;

I like LEDs when they are used for a reason, like showing off the prize component of the build and not simply to light the case up like Times Square.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I like LEDs when they are used for a reason, like showing off the prize component of the build and not simply to light the case up like Times Square.
    haha good thing i haven't posted any pictures from all the lights my new mobo.
    top side looks like a x-mass tree with bunch of colored leds shining through my 200mm top case fan.