Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Sadly, I didn't get a single degree profit! I guess the stuff that came with my cooler was pretty decent after all. Will be taking it apart again this week just to see
    When the difference from using the best thermal paste there is to something like mayonnaise is 3c I wouldn't have expected more :P

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ry-2012/1468/5
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    When the difference from using the best thermal paste there is to something like mayonnaise is 3c I wouldn't have expected more :P

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ry-2012/1468/5
    I was hoping for 1-2, which may have been naive. I was just hoping the stuff that came with my cooler didn't compare to the Noctua one at all. Sadly, they're pretty similar. Ah well, at least I have plenty of the stuff for my next X builds now. I've been so used to using small tubes that this thing feels like a glue gun.

However, that bigger OC is slowly crawling further away.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-07 at 07:44 AM.

You should delid your CPU :P
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Wow, You really need to work on some hardcore cable management.
    When upgrading your components, how come you didn't spend an extra bit of money to get a decent case?
    From: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/.../page543#10854

The case is old an expensive, I'm not a big fan of having fully functioning £100~ hardware sitting around doing nothing when it still works perfectly fine. Having messy cables has a minor affect on airflow and temperature, doesn't look very pretty but having my cables neater wouldn't give me any noticable performance increase. I could have also gone done the route of a fully modular PSU but again, I'd then have a perfectly fine fully functional PSU sitting around doing nothing.

I could unsleeve all my cables which would make them a bit prettier but I'm not really sure it's worth the effort. Next time I upgrade I'll probably go the full hog and get new everything, allowing this PC to be kept working and given/sold to a family member. Also, this case has good cooling and runs very cold, as much as the cable management sucks I'm not sure if buying a case with extra pretties will actually run as cold as this one.

Currently running my hyper 212+ with 2 fans, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/.../page542#10831 plugged into the cha_fan and cpu_fan, would using a fan controller and ramping them both up to full speed have any negative affects on the PC apart from noise? Which doesn't bother me. Even when I had the PC running at 100% load the fans didn't reach max speed.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    rofl actually... a mess like that would up your temps. By a good amount. Clean cable management is more than just for looks.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    That actually looks pretty easy to do. After lapping, i could always try this aswell xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Decided to do a little spring cleaning... Thoroughly cleaned out the interior of my PC, then unplugged everything and set it to the side and wiped down my desk... After that I pulled the desk out and vacuumed, then I did some much needed cable management using some 3M clips and stuff... Here's a couple pics, it was so nice until I hooked my speakers up, the system has a total of five wires and they are a pain in the ass to try and do anything with... Still, the cables are no longer bunched together in a horrific mess, so I'll take it.

<hurrimages>
    Get that power strip off the floor! Velcro to the bottom side of your desk if you have to! :P
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though it doesn't look like it could be seen from anywhere with the wooden backboard of the desk covering the view to the rear. I think he just wrapped the cables together to make the cleaning easier.

Currently running my hyper 212+ with 2 fans, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/.../page542#10831 plugged into the cha_fan and cpu_fan, would using a fan controller and ramping them both up to full speed have any negative affects on the PC apart from noise? Which doesn't bother me. Even when I had the PC running at 100% load the fans didn't reach max speed.
    Y splitter? I have the two fans on my Noctua running off the same CPU_FAN header.

Deleted
    @NWN

I did something similar a few days ago. All cables are now attached to the frame of the desk which means minimal cable exposure. Neat-o.

Managing cables to 3 monitors (DVI, 2x DP as well as power cables), along with webcam, mouse, keyboard, stereo and speakers, microphone and USB hub cables is not easy.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-04-07 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Drew inspired me to finally get around to what I've been putting off. inb4 I show him what's up!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Get that power strip off the floor! Velcro to the bottom side of your desk if you have to! :P
    Not a bad idea. I've never had an issue with it on the floor (although it does get quite dirty down there), but that would probably help my cable management.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I did something similar a few days ago.
    Looking good! Mine did not end up as organized as I had hoped, but I'm not really sure what else I can do short of getting rid of my speakers (or maybe get some extension cables for them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looking good! Mine did not end up as organized as I had hoped, but I'm not really sure what else I can do short of getting rid of my speakers (or maybe get some extension cables for them).
    I was always happy with my cable tucking. Until speakers happened. Specially the crosscable between the monitorspeakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I was always happy with my cable tucking. Until speakers happened. Specially the crosscable between the monitorspeakers.
    Yep. The volume control unit is also a problem but the crosscable for the monitor speakers is such a pain in the butt.

Deleted
    That... scares the crap out of me. I am 100% positive I'll screw it up and end up having to get rid of this chip that's been treating me so well. I'll also probably get one in return that refuses to go over 4.2ghz :P

If I had some more cash laying around I would have definitely bought another 3570K from my current batch and delidded it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    That... scares the crap out of me. I am 100% positive I'll screw it up and end up having to get rid of this chip that's been treating me so well. I'll also probably get one in return that refuses to go over 4.2ghz :P

If I had some more cash laying around I would have definitely bought another 3570K from my current batch and delidded it.
    u
    Yeah my 2500k does not seem to like to go past 4.4, it takes a bit to much to hit 4.5 so I decided to just leave it at 4.4.

You make my cable management look like I am a snob, Stop making me look bad! :P

I got a little extra money to suspend, but I am not sure what I want to spend it on. Could get a new gpu but my old one is still fine and I don't want a new one till the new series comes out. I am looking at the tablets, the windows 8 ones don`t seem to look that bad, anyone have any thoughts on them?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

If you want to do any work on it, you'll need a keyboard. And at that point you might as well get a bottom of the range ultrabook (450-600 dollars).

I can't help but find that his questioning why customers have to swim through all this DRM bullshit, when the publishers and devs clearly can't be trusted to deliver the product they advertise, is one of the most valid and smack-in-the-face statements I've heard all year.

So my goddamn USB hdd dock keeps randomly turning off on it's own randomly and then refuses to be detected by my pc, anyone know if there is any way I could get it to stop doing that cause it's really goddamn inconvenient.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I can't help but find that his questioning why customers have to swim through all this DRM bullshit, when the publishers and devs clearly can't be trusted to deliver the product they advertise, is one of the most valid and smack-in-the-face statements I've heard all year.
    I was applauding infront of my monitor when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So my goddamn USB hdd dock keeps randomly turning off on it's own randomly and then refuses to be detected by my pc, anyone know if there is any way I could get it to stop doing that cause it's really goddamn inconvenient.
    Sounds like a faulty connection, maybe a cable or connector issue.