1. #3801
    Only 4% CPU usage?
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  2. #3802
    It's obviously after he was done calculating..

  3. #3803
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,728
    Yeah, for me hitting 4.5 takes too much voltage, I can hit 4.4 without even trying that much so I just let it stay there. Though I have found a good oc guide, so maybe ill revisit it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #3804
    Dreadlord Cusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    It's obviously after he was done calculating..
    Actually not! That was after about 10 minutes, 16 minutes before it was done.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

  5. #3805
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Actually not! That was after about 10 minutes, 16 minutes before it was done.
    Okay.. that's weird :P

  6. #3806
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,728
    I decided to reinstall windows and wipe my drive after a numerous number of problems( java would not update, serive manager would not open, and many other windows related problems) So I decided to start anew, so if anyone know a good link or tips after reinstalling windows it would be nice. Also I am looking for a good windows ui, any one know where to find one? Deviant art has a few but all seem to be out of date.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  7. #3807
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,105
    Wait what do you mean "good link or tips after reinstalling windows" o_O
    You've reinstalled windows, your problems should be fixed, not much more you can do other than regular maintenance (don't install random clutter, keep stuff updated, etc).
    Well, I suppose you can set windows updates to manual if you don't want to be driven mad with the sheer number of restarts in the first couple of days after reinstalling :P

  8. #3808
    You can disable UAC, that's my mandatory thing after a w7 reinstall.

  9. #3809
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,105
    Oh christ, yeah I pretty much automatically disable UAC (second nature) so forgot to mention it :S

  10. #3810
    Dreadlord ItsRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    867
    So, my case has two USB3 ports at the front, and a header which is supposed to be connected to the mobo.

    Worked fine on my MSI Z77A-G43. Plugged it in the USB3 socket on mobo, done. Now that I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, it doesn't actually fit in the USB3 socket on the motherboard.

    Any ideas? Are there different sizes? If so, converters? I'm a bit lost.

    FPS MAP DESIGN | Core i5 3570k [email protected] | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2x4GB Corsair [email protected] | Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Windforce x3 | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | WD Black 500GB | 2x WD Green 1TB | Antec HCG520 | Tt Chaser Mk I

  11. #3811
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,621
    Wha..? Wh.. Why would you do that?
    UAC is awesome

  12. #3812
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wait what do you mean "good link or tips after reinstalling windows" o_O
    You've reinstalled windows, your problems should be fixed, not much more you can do other than regular maintenance (don't install random clutter, keep stuff updated, etc).
    Well, I suppose you can set windows updates to manual if you don't want to be driven mad with the sheer number of restarts in the first couple of days after reinstalling :P
    I set it to manual during the day and on fully automatic when I went to bed. I left my PC on over night the first three days, it installed and restarted the ~190 updates all by itself during that time and I didn't get annoyed by them.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  13. #3813
    Immortal Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Wha..? Wh.. Why would you do that?
    UAC is awesome
    It pisses me off so much so that it's an auto-disable after a reinstall.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I decided to reinstall windows and wipe my drive after a numerous number of problems( java would not update, serive manager would not open, and many other windows related problems) So I decided to start anew, so if anyone know a good link or tips after reinstalling windows it would be nice. Also I am looking for a good windows ui, any one know where to find one? Deviant art has a few but all seem to be out of date.
    Download Rainmeter, there are a multitude of skins that you can use or you can customize your desktop yourself as you see fit.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  14. #3814
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22213219

    Quite an interesting read.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  15. #3815
    Btw the Asus raidrog express ssd is reviewed -> http://be.hardware.info/reviews/4241...it-de-toekomst

    Seems to be a major overpriced useless thing.

  16. #3816
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,728
    Huh, had something wierd happen to me today, so I cleaned my graphics card(it was real dirty) and somewhere in the process I bumped my ssd cable out so I put it back and rearange all my hd cables and I kept getting a blue screen, hopefully I tried to repair windows and it ended up working....I am pretty sure my computer lives on murphy's law..or maybe even hanlon's razor >.<.

    So after cleaning my gpu...it did not decrease my temperature any...guh>.<, Anyone seen any results of vga coolers? Any one that was better then the stock cooler?(6950 if that is relevant) But at that point I might just want to buy a new gpu...I can never win, I guess 80c is safe for a graphics card for a full load, but I don't like it....
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-22 at 07:01 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #3817
    Dreadlord ItsRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    text
    What's the airflow like in your case? Is it getting fresh air to suck in?

    FPS MAP DESIGN | Core i5 3570k [email protected] | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2x4GB Corsair [email protected] | Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Windforce x3 | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | WD Black 500GB | 2x WD Green 1TB | Antec HCG520 | Tt Chaser Mk I

  18. #3818
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Huh, had something wierd happen to me today, so I cleaned my graphics card(it was real dirty) and somewhere in the process I bumped my ssd cable out so I put it back and rearange all my hd cables and I kept getting a blue screen, hopefully I tried to repair windows and it ended up working....I am pretty sure my computer lives on murphy's law..or maybe even hanlon's razor >.<.

    So after cleaning my gpu...it did not decrease my temperature any...guh>.<, Anyone seen any results of vga coolers? Any one that was better then the stock cooler?(6950 if that is relevant) But at that point I might just want to buy a new gpu...I can never win, I guess 80c is safe for a graphics card for a full load, but I don't like it....
    Did you put the SSD data cable in the same SATA port that it was plugged in to before getting knocked out?
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  19. #3819
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Did you put the SSD data cable in the same SATA port that it was plugged in to before getting knocked out?
    Yeah, the connector to the ssd>sata is what messed up, not the one to the motherboard to the sata.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    What's the airflow like in your case? Is it getting fresh air to suck in?
    It's not the best, it could be better but it is pushing cool air out. I might just throw a fan onto my fancase opening door so then it will get fresh air. I think I might reapply my thermal paste also, if I can find it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  20. #3820
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,621
    Well.
    I just noticed something I've never seen before, which is what I blame the worse result compared to Majestiiciciiiicii.
    I blame this for everything.


    One of those random BSODs resetting the clock, I guess. Ohwell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •