Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    .....I need to replace my 460, but I'm broke. sad.

Oh, and hai ppl
    I heard Deltrus wants to get rid of his old GTX 560Ti
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    .....I need to replace my 460, but I'm broke. sad.

Oh, and hai ppl
    I'm right there with you, the 560 Ti is even really showing its age now.

I don't want to look up the Anandtech comparison of the 560 Ti vs 780... but I am so tempted... but I'll be so depressed. ._.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm right there with you, the 560 Ti is even really showing its age now.

I don't want to look up the Anandtech comparison of the 560 Ti vs 780... but I am so tempted... but I'll be so depressed. ._.
    someone else's turn to play the devil's advocate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't want to look up the Anandtech comparison of the 560 Ti vs 780...
    You don't have to because I can tell you, going from 560 ti to 780 myself, that the difference is astonishing. Not only the speed and power but also the quietness and looks of the cooler...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    (..)but also the quietness and looks of the cooler...
    This is largely irrelevant as that depends on ones' current cooler I would say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    This is largely irrelevant as that depends on ones' current cooler I would say.
    yes and no.
    with the new cooler model being pretty much as good as the older fan models it either stays the same or improves (allot)
    it think it's safe to say that the stock cooler is very good indeed , hence only evga(3) and gigabyte(1)has thus far released any aftermarket cooling solutions. (out of the 18 different cards i've spotted so far)
    to cater to the enthusiast crowd even more.

Stock vs stock, the new one is good. Of course.
    But comparing them to eVGA? They haven't had a good cooler yet.

But I'd say the new stock cooler still isn't up to par with some of the best from the GTX 500-series.

Deleted
    then i'd be quite curious what you think of the new ACX cooler from them?

also i doubt the best gpu cooler from the 5xx series would have been placed on a 560Ti.
    the only thing i could think of would be that the stock one isn't as quiet compared to the highest end gpu cooling solutions. (not taking watercooling in the comparison)

15+ Year Old Account
    Stock vs stock, the new one is good. Of course.
    But comparing them to eVGA? They haven't had a good cooler yet.

But I'd say the new stock cooler still isn't up to par with some of the best from the GTX 500-series.
    Compared to my asus 560 ti directCU II the stock cooler of 780 is by far miles ahead. When I would characterize 560ti being slightly loud under full load the 780 is only barely audible.

What I am saying is, that's the cooler, not the card.

15+ Year Old Account
    And what I'm saying is the reference cooler on 780 surpasses the best aftermarket coolers on 560 ti. :P

And what I'm saying is the reference cooler on 780 surpasses the best aftermarket coolers on 560 ti. :P
    And this, I say, is not true. DirectCu II, especially the dual slot ones, are really overrated.
    Sapphire, Gigabyte, KFA2 and even some of the strange AMD-ones (clubjoker et c) are better. Even MSI, if it were ever to you know, work.

Deleted
    And this, I say, is not true. DirectCu II, especially the dual slot ones, are really overrated.
    Sapphire, Gigabyte, KFA2 and even some of the strange AMD-ones (clubjoker et c) are better. Even MSI, if it were ever to you know, work.
    well i have no clue what kind of coolers you've seen then but something is pretty damm off.
    just to be clear by reference cooler we're talking about this one ; http://eu.evga.com/articles/00746/#2781 .(as in the new stock 780 cooler that is ofc)

15+ Year Old Account
    I just can't agree with that. As far as I recall the DirectCU II was amongst the best within point decimal difference on 560 ti's. Then again it's an old card and what do I know.. It's undoubtedly the best looking one though.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well i have no clue what kind of coolers you've seen then but something is pretty damm off.
    just to be clear by reference cooler we're talking about this one ; http://eu.evga.com/articles/00746/#2781 .(as in the new stock 780 cooler that is ofc)
    The only real difference between reference coolers is the sticker.

The "stock" 780 cooler is the one used for the Titan.

The DirectCuII coolers, while decent and better than stock in previous generations are not something I would personally go for as far as noise and cooling performance when overclocked. Those fans are loud because they are so big, because they're meant to run at lower fan curves; Something that doesn't work well when overclocked. They also only use airflow to cool memory
    And yes.

I just can't agree with that. As far as I recall the DirectCU II was amongst the best within point decimal difference on 560 ti's. Then again it's an old card and what do I know.. It's undoubtedly the best looking one though.
    Eh, the MSI one and Windforce one are better in terms of noise levels and in accoustic preferrence (how the sound sounds is different from how high it is, annoyance) and cooling.
    It looks okay! Taste is different. I prefer the new Titan-coolers to DirectCuII though, personally.

Deleted
    The DirectCuII coolers, while decent and better than stock in previous generations are not something I would personally go for as far as noise and cooling performance when overclocked. Those fans are loud because they are so big, because they're meant to run at lower fan curves; Something that doesn't work well when overclocked. They also only use airflow to cool memory
    And yes.

Eh, the MSI one and Windforce one are better in terms of noise levels and in accoustic preferrence (how the sound sounds is different from how high it is, annoyance) and cooling.
    It looks okay! Taste is different. I prefer the new Titan-coolers to DirectCuII though, personally.
    that is pretty much what we've been saying the last few posts.....
    also the tripple windforce did not excist during the 5xx iirc
    pretty much all dual fan lay-outs were on par performance wise with minor noise differences.

that is pretty much what we've been saying the last few posts.....
    also the tripple windforce did not excist during the 5xx iirc
    pretty much all dual fan lay-outs were on par performance wise with minor noise differences.
    So your point was that the titan-coolers look better? I'm sorry, then I misunderstood.
    http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_...ce_3x_cooler/1
    Noise differentials aren't "minor" :P My DirectCuII was louder on 40% than my Windforce was on 90%, and they were equally cool only when both were on 90%.

Deleted
    So your point was that the titan-coolers look better? I'm sorry, then I misunderstood.
    http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_...ce_3x_cooler/1
    Noise differentials aren't "minor" :P My DirectCuII was louder on 40% than my Windforce was on 90%, and they were equally cool only when both were on 90%.
    more like that the new titan cooler outperforms whatever cooler was on a 560Ti. (titan cooler being new stock 780 cooler, same thing different naming pretty much )
    i think both of us mixed up some stuff regarding what is which cooler and generalized too much for the whole 5xx while we started this about a 560Ti