Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    42C at afternoon and around 38C at night over here in Dubai, with around 38% humidity.

Yeah..
    You don't have air con in Dubai? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You don't have air con in Dubai? O_o
    I meant outside. 'course we have AC, how are we supposed to live otherwise?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I meant outside. 'course we have AC, how are we supposed to live otherwise?
    So ... um ... how are they going to stop the footballers at the World Cup in Qatar dying when playing football in the height of summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So ... um ... how are they going to stop the footballers at the World Cup in Qatar dying when playing football in the height of summer?
    Here's what Qatar's government said:

"The event has to be organized in June or July. We will have to take the help of technology to counter the harsh weather. We have already set in motion the process. A stadium with controlled temperature is the answer to the problem. We have other plans up our sleeves as well."
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    42C at afternoon and around 38C at night over here in Dubai, with around 38% humidity.

Yeah..
    Eh, low humidity, makes it more tolerable. :P

I mean shit, last summer we had a drought covering most of America, my area would go for days at 100-110 F. Which is 37.78 to 43.33 Celsius. =S

I saw an Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper concert on one of the worst days last summer, was 110 F and I nearly fainted at the concert. Well, I guess I pretty much did, I just never completely blacked out.

Granted I always have issues at concerts. :P I get dehydrated easily at them and all the smoked AFFECTS ME. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

What is this Air Con you keep talking about? Is it similiar to our heat-expelling radiators? Because I have three of those in my room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What is this Air Con you keep talking about? Is it similiar to our heat-expelling radiators? Because I have three of those in my room.
    Well, we have A/C. Do you not? O.o
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My backyard is covered in ice 8 months out of the year. Our AC involves a window.

I have two windows. Not sure what I would need an A/C for.

Screw these next few days, I mean honestly.

Today it is 86 F/30 C, feels like 100 F/37.78 C, with 70%~ humidity.
    Tuesday 90 F, should be even more humid.
    Wednesday 91 F, even more humid than Tuesday.
    Thursday 93 F, and likely even more humid.

Friday it will drop 1 or 2 degrees and severe storms should hit in the evening.

Psht. And you guys complain about 77 F and 100% humidity. GOML
    Suck it up princess. We regularly get such temps during summer, hell we had 47 degrees in January which was the hottest day in recorded history.

OT:

My laptop is officially going bye bye, it served me well for these 3 years but the fan decided to completely stop working >.>
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    OT:

My laptop is officially going bye bye, it served me well for these 3 years but the fan decided to completely stop working >.>
    Is this thread ever on-topic then? Anyway, just replace the fan

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Is this thread ever on-topic then? Anyway, just replace the fan
    Haha probably not. Nah I decided just to get a new one, the fan is connected to the heatsink which is shared between cpu/gpu. I couldn't find a replacement for a reasonable price so I decided to just get a new laptop. Bought this one, fairly reasonable price plus $99 cashback. It's only for light use anyway so I dont need anything more expensive.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

A/C isn't as popular in the EU as it is in the US. US is filled with pussies. Suck it up!

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    A/C isn't as popular in the EU as it is in the US. US is filled with pussies. Suck it up!
    When I get my own place it is getting A/C. I might be a pussy because of this, but I won't be sweating my balls off.

To remain on topic: it will be computer controlled somehow

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, isn't there some way i can use my Intel HD4600 when i'm just doing desktop shit? And that it switches to the 670 when i'm going to play games. Like nvidia optimus for desktops..? Seems like a wasted oppertunity for powersaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    670 uses 14-15w at idle. That workload will simply be transferred over to your HD4600, making your CPU work little harder and increasing it's wattage by a similar amount as a result.

The power has gotta come from somewhere, unless you're interested in breaking the laws of thermodynamics. I'm still working on "the device".
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, thought it'd be more than that idle. I guess there's no point to it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Suck it up princess. We regularly get such temps during summer, hell we had 47 degrees in January which was the hottest day in recorded history.

OT:

rofl. I never said I couldn't handle it. It was more a "hey Swedes complaining about 25 Celsius... have some real heat."

I'm used to this shit. :P Past few summers we have had multiple days over 100 F before you factor in the heat index/feels like temp, much less people like me who wear dark/black colored clothing and have dark colored cars both on the exterior and interior.

No, what I can't stand, is when we have these stupid -30 F days in the winter. Which we have had, absolutely retarded.

Also, replace the fan? There are websites that have warehouses that stock laptop parts for any number of old and new laptops!

Also, OT... is not needed here. This is chat zone. It's for computer forum regs to banter. :P
    "A flower.

Pff, we had 27°C today. Way too hot.
    And that is the summer heat. And I can barely sleep at all in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl. I never said I couldn't handle it. It was more a "hey Swedes complaining about 25 Celsius... have some real heat."

I'm used to this shit. :P Past few summers we have had multiple days over 100 F before you factor in the heat index/feels like temp, much less people like me who wear dark/black colored clothing and have dark colored cars both on the exterior and interior.

No, what I can't stand, is when we have these stupid -30 F days in the winter. Which we have had, absolutely retarded.

Also, replace the fan? There are websites that have warehouses that stock laptop parts for any number of old and new laptops!

Also, OT... is not needed here. This is chat zone. It's for computer forum regs to banter. :P
    Do you even arctic?