Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Costs more than a GTX780 so I hope the fuss is good :P
    I already have a 780, though. :P

I'm going back to school in the Fall for a Master's in Comp Sci so I mainly wanted a nice screen with a lot of real estate since I'll be spending so much time in front of my computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    780 lightning pictures, no teasing crap :P

http://www.overclock.net/t/1397633/v...#post_20642574
    Oh dear god. MSI you had ONE fucking job.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    GTX 780 on a TN or HD4870/280 GTX on an IPS?

I would choose the latter.
    Enjoy 30fps and no DX11 o_O

Can we just agree that 1400p/1600p panels have been WAY overpriced for a long time? They are not aimed at any kind of price/performance or even price/quality ratios, falling into their own separate curve if they must be judged. Currently all the cheapest ones are Korean/Asian, the cheapest from a renowned company is $550, the rest all fall at $600+. The cheapest 1600p is $1000.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-20 at 02:26 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Well. Yes, but it would look so much better. Better screen lower settings vs higher settings looking poor.
    I say you get the better experience out of the former, and you will eventually upgrade the GPU anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just agree that 1400p/1600p panels have been WAY overpriced for a long time? They are not aimed at any kind of price/performance or even price/quality ratios, falling into their own separate curve if they must be judged. I would only judge one IPS monitor against another IPS monitor.

Currently all the cheapest ones are Korean/Asian, the cheapest 1400p from a renowned company is $550 (Acer), the rest all fall at $600+. The cheapest 1600p is $1000.

I'd love to buy a hi-res monitor man, but those prices...

Can we just agree that 1400p/1600p panels have been WAY overpriced for a long time? They are not aimed at any kind of price/performance or even price/quality ratios, falling into their own separate curve if they must be judged. I would only judge one IPS monitor against another IPS monitor.

Currently all the cheapest ones are Korean/Asian, the cheapest 1400p from a renowned company is $550 (Acer), the rest all fall at $600+. The cheapest 1600p is $1000.

I'd love to buy a hi-res monitor man, but those prices...
    Why dont you get a korean one on ebay? They're currently running at about AUD$340 or so. I've heard/read many good experiences from people who bought one.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Why dont you get a korean one on ebay?

What the fuck did they do to that 780?!

Those korean screens are baller! Buy that shit!

I wish there was a direct "Swedish distribution outlet" (no eBay or Amazon in Sweden) for those, I'd buy one immediately.
    It's still the same panels. The myth about them using the rejected IPS panels is rather unfounded, I think; I think that they just don't sort them out.
    It's still a bit of a lottery, but that happens with every screen imo. Backlightbleeding et c.

In the end, it's the same IPS panels from LG that everyone else uses, to more competetive prices without mark-up.

And also, ew. MSI aftermarket coolers, not my fave.

That is one, ugly GPU right there. MSI kind of dropped the ball on that one.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, which GPU are we talking about? Because that 780 lightning looks pretty great. You do realize it still has the plastic cover on? That's also the side which is almost exclusively hidden.

Two large black, one yellow small in the middle with strange yellow slashes looks great?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong with that. Also, someone was making black and yellow themed build, this would so fit in it.

Being totes serious xD.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the lightning, maybe im weird

Gigabyte sent me a gift.
    PCI-e Dual Band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.0 expansion card.

tetrisGOAT v Gigabyte

Just got my Noctua fans and replaced every stock fan in the case, including the radiator (Corsair H90). Those things are unreal... I got them plugged in to a Molex connector since I want them to run at full speed all the time. They move much, much more air than the previous fans and the PC has reached an unbelievable level of silence, even my AC is more audible than the freaking thing. How is that even possible?

In case anyone wants the specific model and amount of the fans, they are 3x NF-S12A FLX (front intakes) and 4x NF-A14 FLX (2 fans that exhausts heat on top and the other 2 for the radiator). Using a Cooler Master Storm Trooper with a windowed side panel.

- - - Updated - - -

Gigabyte sent me a gift.
    PCI-e Dual Band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.0 expansion card.

tetrisGOAT v Gigabyte
    Congratulations! How does it perform?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Mmm, Noctua-fans. In contrast, I run my mine at lowest settings via PWM, because they are too noisy otherwise. (Yes, Noctua fans are too loud for me, shaddap)

I have no idea I have no use for the WiFi component (no router even) yet, so will only install it for the Bluetooth-part.

Mmm, Noctua-fans. In contrast, I run my mine at lowest settings via PWM, because they are too noisy otherwise. (Yes, Noctua fans are too loud for me, shaddap)
    Hrm... Well if I recall correctly you don't own an AC, do you? That probably means your room is very silent in the first place and that's probably why your Noctua fans seem too noisy for you. That'd be my guess.

Well!
    Air conditioning in general is not common in home environments so you are correct there.
    And I like not being able to tell the difference between gaming/computer turned off by noiselevel. ^^