Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/ICUKRXA.png
    http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/4436...0-+-frametimes

A 770 2GB is not built for 5760x1080 4xMSAA on crysis3's high texture usage. The poor scaling and high renderingtimes is due to the complete and utter bottlenecking of the memorybus and imageswapping in the GPU memory. You can see the 7990 with it's 384bit bus and 6GB (or whatever it has) surpass the 770 SLI which should be faster.

Are you going to fix that latency with Gsync? Obviously there's no vsync there so are you still going to blame vsync? You might have higher gpu rendering time if vsync is enabled that wasn't even my point.
    Was i blaming vsync? I was explaining vsync. Besides, vsync does not increase gpu-rendering (or draw) times. It creates a 'wait'-function on the buffer. The graphics card keeps drawing images at the same speed, and the buffer is only updated when the screen is ready for scanning.

My point was that you can't take stuttering totally away by adding a pcb to an output device, doesn't make sense like this.
    Taking that graph I just linked, gsync isn't going to eliminate the high rendering times.
    The graph you show has other issues due to the settings. And nothing, except picking a different graphics card setup, would be able to fix that. Nor would it look good on any displaysetup.

I still don't think you quite understand the subject. I suggest you look on wikipedia how vsyncing works. It would make it allot clearer for you. Because frankly i think i've digressed on the subject long enough .. (wasn't originally planning to)

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    With Gsync, the lag you have is equal to the rendering time of your GPU. (As example: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/a...-bf3-ultra.png)

Like we haven't heard it enough that people disable Vsync just because the game stutters because of that, but we still can see microstutter or feeling totally sluggish because of high times without vsync.

With Gsync, the lag you have is equal to the rendering time of your GPU. (As example: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/a...-bf3-ultra.png)

Like we haven't heard it enough that people disable Vsync just because the game stutters because of that, but we still can see microstutter or feeling totally sluggish because of high times without vsync.
    It doesn't stutter because the renderingtime alters, it's because the GPU doesn't stop drawing and only updates the buffer with the images from the backbuffer when the screen is ready. Which means that frames are grabbed 2 or 3 times (partially fixed with tripple buffering). Please, just read how it works. Then you also understand the implications a static refreshrate causes, and also how a dynamic refreshrate would solve allot of them (and also not use the word "lag" in the same scentence as g-sync). Right now you are just randomly slapping stuff together in an incoherent mess.

Here's a nice read, in layman's terms.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

You're linking me vsync stuff while I'm nothing with it, maybe you should stop copypasting stuff. Do you even want to understand that Gsync won't prevent microstuttering?

"Micro stuttering is a term used in computing to describe a quality defect that manifests as irregular delays between frames rendered by the GPU(s)" What does vsync have to do here.. Take that last graph I linked obviously proved it's stutterish.

Where do you see in this page anything being said of vsync? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_stuttering

A gpu rendering at 70ms, you'll have a delay on your screen of 70 ms with gsync as this guy even stated: http://www.overclock.net/t/1435176/g...#post_21017021

Gsync is not a fix for microstutter that's clear (in that thread Forceman said that too), if it would then it's extremely amazing and worth it.

Yeah... sorry i'm done. It's like you just don't want to understand. And i'm sort of done with the subject.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-10-20 at 09:24 PM.

Anyone using Windows 8.1 out there? I'm currently running Win 7 (and am quite happy with it), but via my college, I can get a free version of Win 8, and if I have Win 8 I get a free upgrade to 8.1, correct?

Anyway, my question is this: is it buggy / compatibility issues / worth upgrading to at this very moment? I graduate in 2 months, and want to take advantage of a free OS, but I don't want to "upgrade" to a buggy OS.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Some issues, but nothing that will not be fixed, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Some issues, but nothing that will not be fixed, for sure.
    What issues, if you don't mind listing them?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What issues, if you don't mind listing them?
    I think they are mainly due to drivers not playing nicely with 8.1
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think they are mainly due to drivers not playing nicely with 8.1
    Ah. I'm mostly concerned with program compatibility, such as Maya, Unity, and such.

Yeah... sorry i'm done. It's like you just don't want to understand. And i'm sort of done with the subject.
    You claimed that Gsync is going to fix all microstutter issues:

I think it does.
    Which was plain wrong.

Stutter is basicly the GPU being slower with updating the buffer that the scanningtime of the monitor.
    Didnt match the wiki description, again wrong. The rendering times of your gpu is like in almost all cases slower than the scanning time of your monitor so we do always have stutter all the time? No obviously

Faith, didn't i already mention i wasn't going to participate in this discussion any longer? I do not feel a discussion is really worth my time with someone who doesn't understand the basics or just refuses to even properly read my posts.

@Windows8.1 discussion. I'm waiting with updating till everything clears out, but i'm not really waiting for the return of the start button, i kinda like the metro interface. Kinda wondering why i should bother. Then again, i haven't really looked into it that much.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-10-21 at 06:45 PM.

From the "post your rig" thread, courtesy of Mr Noteworthy "killjoy" nerd ( <3 ;D )

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Where are you from again? O.o

Usually I hear the Swedes complaining about paltry "heat" like 25 Celsius... summers here can range anywhere from 25-40 Celsius. (Northeastern Illinois)
    I live in south-east Germany. It is not uncommon to go 3-6 weeks in July/August without the outside temperature ever dropping below 25°C; we've had the thermometer go above 45°C in the (south-facing) garden.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From the "post your rig" thread, courtesy of Mr Noteworthy "killjoy" nerd ( <3 ;D )

I live in south-east Germany. It is not uncommon to go 3-6 weeks in July/August without the outside temperature ever dropping below 25°C; we've had the thermometer go above 45°C in the (south-facing) garden.
    KILLJOY INDEED!

We must conspire against him, his demise is inevitable!

Dang, I did not realize Germany got so hot. O.o Thoughts temps like those were reserved for Greece or some such place, but I guess you aren't that far off from me in terms of Latitude lines, so it only makes sense!

Summer of 2012 was especially hot over here. Dry. Hot. 110 F being about 43-44 Celsius. >_< Went to a concert... and ended up getting dehydrated and nearly fainting several times, of course.

It is only really this area of Germany, go to the north and it is much more temperate.

The area I live in is basically a long rift valley between the mountains of the Black Forest and the Vosges. This means that the air just gets hotter and hotter because the easterly and westerly winds that come from France and Eastern Europe sort of skip over the top of the valley, leaving us to cook (at least, that's what I think happens).

The Black Forest. Vosges.

Sounds like you live on Azeroth or in the world of Skyrim. Maybe Westeros? Perhaps Middle Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Black Forest. Vosges.

Sounds like you live on Azeroth or in the world of Skyrim. Maybe Westeros? Perhaps Middle Earth...

Shows the relief of the terrain quite nicely.

I made a USB boot disk to roll out Mac OS X 10.9 on all of my macs today. For laughs I installed it on my gaming PC just to see how performance was. I had already backed up for Windows 8.1 and needed to roll back to 8.0 anyway so it wasn't really a waste of time. Installation went surprisgly smooth: as easy as it was on my iMac/air/pro. Soundcard (essence stx) didn't work, and only 1 GPU was detected - but it was still kinda cool that it worked at all.

Performance
    I downloaded a couple of benchmarks to see how things ran.
    TLDR
    • For geekbench 3 scores are pretty similar (within margin of error).
    • Using Geekbench 2 with the 64-bit tests Windows pulled ahead by about 10%.
    • On Cinebench both Windows and OS X get identical CPU scores. Windows scores 50% higher on the OpenGL test (156 FPS vs 107 FPS) -- I disabled SLI to test it even though cinebench doesn't scale with multiple GPUs - no change.
    • On Heaven 4.0 Windows scored about 15% higher (without SLI)

There were some minor software issues (or maybe major ones that I didn't encounter in my 60 minutes of testing) but I had less issues getting things going under OS X than I did under Windows 8.0. For doing nothing but disabling raid, turning off fast boot, and enabling csr - then rebooting I'm surprised it went so well. I couldn't use it for 'real work' but I can understand why nerds might play with it on weekends.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Going to return the H60. I'm not sure if it's defective, but it's always been really shit. 15min prime95 reaches 61-62 degrees on stockspeed. Stockfan is about 79-81degrees. Fanspeed both on "standard" mode. Funny thing is that the H60 on that mode produces about 3 to 4 times the amount of noise.

Think i might trade it for a Dark Rock Pro 2.

PS: If i smell the tubing, there is a slight rotten-egg odor coming through the fitting. I'm thinking SRB or whatever it's called.

What overclock are you running?

Also, last I checked, the H60 was like one of the absolute worst in that series of AIO water coolers...