it was the '13 version. So a version 2.0 as it were.
    No overclock, it hit 62deg on 'standard' setting. If i ran it on quiet mode it hits 74deg on stockfreq.

It's either a piece of shit, or it's broken. I hope the latter, so i can get my money back.

Essentially, in a cooling performance to noiselevel ratio, it's about as good as the i5 stockcooler atm.

Maje are you sure the pump is running at its full speed since all the 3 wires are in one fan header compared to a H80/H100? I would rather take a nh-u12s or nh-u14s over a dark rock pro 2 because it performs way better according to hardware.info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmAVaYjuveQ Linus his review of nh-u14s; 20° difference vs a H80i. I replaced my H100i awhile ago with a nh-u12s, had to lower my OC from 4.6 to 4.4 but gained so much more quietness and being atleast RMA free. Their pump never have been quiet enough for me really >.<

Yeah the pump is running. I checked it by adjusting the speed of it which resulted in a temperature change (significant).
    And yeah, the pump really annoys the shit out of me. I'm kinda glad it's full of bacteria crap, it gives me a reason to RMA it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah the pump is running. I checked it by adjusting the speed of it which resulted in a temperature change (significant).
    And yeah, the pump really annoys the shit out of me. I'm kinda glad it's full of bacteria crap, it gives me a reason to RMA it.
    Doesn't your shop accept it that you just change it with a different cooler? The clearance/looks AIO's provide doesn't really justify the pump's noise imo

The H60 is junk. The only ones worth a damn are the H80i and H100i, I suppose maybe the H90 and H110 too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The H80i and H100i also seem to have some pretty common issues with the pumps.

There's a reason I'm staying air cooling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Yeah i used to say the same, had a huge brainfart ordering this. I think i was too concerned about the aesthetics.

Could always buy a D14 :P
    What annoys me is that D14 has barely budged in price over the last 4 goddamn years, it released at $89.99.

What annoys me even more is that over the last 4 years no air cooling technology has emerged that flat-out beats D14, not unless you count D14-clones like Silver Arrow and Phanteks PT-H14189CKSP176718FUCK.

If my H100 ever dies it's getting replaced with a Noctua cooler.

There isn't really any need to drop the price, because Noctua has hardly any competition. Noctua was demoing a few new coolers at Computex (including one with active noise cancellation).

Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-10-25 at 11:11 AM.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Yeah it's because they perform well. But my god, why don't they change the colors :P
    Btw if i get a RMA approval i'm trading it for a BQ Dark Rock Pro 2 probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    But my god, why don't they change the colors :P
    To make their stuff clearly stand-out in most builds that are based around black/blue/red themes, so people can simply take a glance and say "that's Noctua alright". Having a color scheme that clashes horribly with 99% of builds ensures they will always be easily identifiable.

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why Noctua refuses to release fans in any other color scheme...even though it would be incredibly easy for them and literally double their sales.

Yeah, it is all about the brand recognition. When you look in the fridge at a supermarket, if you see a red label and a curvy bottle, you know it is coca-cola. If you see tan fans with a cream frame, you know they are Noctua fans.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Haha so good!
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! (not updated) ||Old Build || Antivirus + Security 10 || AV-TEST 2016

So I'm currently on the market for new earbuds. The cheap ones I've been using just gave out so any suggestions? Budget is from $50 to $150 although I don't really have to spent that much since I don't have a decent player for them. Mostly concerned about the build quality and durability.

Any take on these 3?
    -Brainwavz M4
    -HiFiMan Re-400
    -Hisoundaudio Crystal

Or possibly something else? :P

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Well done... well done. I love it.. and it is far too true!

Now you must do this for everyone. >_>

Cyanotical: "ROUTERZ!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

So i've been experimenting with running games off my fileserver and i'm actually suprised how well it works. Only a slight increase in loadtimes, but that's about it.
    Thinking of moving my games folder to the fileserver and remove the physical drive in my system. It would make my investment in quiet fans actually worth it.

Maybe put a few really demanding games on the ssd though. And it took an mklink to fool steam, it didn't like networkdrivers :P

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Games shouldn't suffer too much over network compared to a mechanical hard drive, as long as you can make use out of your entirety of the 1Gbit availible. I wonder if I'd be able to record game footage over network with shadowplay.. That would make me not need mechanical storage at all anymore.

Yeah i can get about 125MB/s (RT-N66U), with lots of small files it drops a bit. Accestimes on the networkdriver are lower than my physical drive due to raid5. So there is hardly any difference, combined. I think shadowplay launches today, so i'd say give it a go

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    It is rumoured to roll out today, yes; there are already leaked drivers availible around the web.