What is the the AUX on Speed fan? Should I be worried if it is 44c? Everything else is fine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is the the AUX on Speed fan? Should I be worried if it is 44c? Everything else is fine.
    I'm 95% sure it is auxiliary, which I do believe is the motherboard or chipset. Nothing to worry about.

Besides, 44 Celsius is pretty damn cool...

@NWN, what did the chair feel like?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    @NWN, what did the chair feel like?
    It's firm, but comfortable. He has his set so that it kind of "forces" you to sit straight, which is how I'll have mine set as well. I have a bad habit of slouching in my chair after a while.

Yup, I think my 7970 is dead, trying to rma it(I bought it through ebay so it will be hard>.<) I think one of the power pins might be messed up, one of them has a yellowish tint to it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yup, I think my 7970 is dead, trying to rma it(I bought it through ebay so it will be hard>.<) I think one of the power pins might be messed up, one of them has a yellowish tint to it.
    If you have the original purchase receipt and it is within warranty you should be able to get it RMA'd through the manufacturer's customer service department.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

It's beautiful! No dead pixels (I paid a little extra for the perfect pixel model) and no screen bleeding. My only complaint, and it's a small one that I was aware of before purchasing it, is that the stand it comes with is pretty flimsy, especially when you consider the size of the monitor it is holding up.

Edit: I will be doing a full post in the gaming setup thread once the cooler for my video card arrives, I just wanted to share this quickly here.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-31 at 01:35 PM.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Remove the plastic stripping, geeze!
    The stands are their worst part, yeah.

I'm starting to dislike IPS more and more since I got the Nexus 4. The black levels are atrociously bad, even with this phone which has good black levels for an IPS.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Remove the plastic stripping, geeze!
    Ha, I'm leaving it on until I have it in it's permanent place, which won't be until I move into an apartment of my own.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Speaking of pricing, FWIW, the r9 290 costs ~75% of the GTX 780 and the X costs ~81% of the Ti.
    Prices in both camps include aftermarket coolers. I see little reason to go nVidia at this point unless one wants Shadowplay, which is understandable -- but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

It's beautiful! No dead pixels (I paid a little extra for the perfect pixel model) and no screen bleeding. My only complaint, and it's a small one that I was aware of before purchasing it, is that the stand it comes with is pretty flimsy, especially when you consider the size of the monitor it is holding up.

Edit: I will be doing a full post in the gaming setup thread once the cooler for my video card arrives, I just wanted to share this quickly here.
    I have a X-Star one, so ours is pretty much the same. It is a good monitor it's colors are warm, but it just does not pop out like my Asus one.

Speaking of pricing, FWIW, the r9 290 costs ~75% of the GTX 780 and the X costs ~81% of the Ti.
    Prices in both camps include aftermarket coolers. I see little reason to go nVidia at this point unless one wants Shadowplay, which is understandable -- but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now
    Um, for me GTX 780 non reference is still cheaper than r9 290 non reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-...52,146&sort=a7

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Um, for me GTX 780 non reference is still cheaper than r9 290 non reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-...52,146&sort=a7
    American oligopoly, always leads to price-gouging - just check out the telecom market for comparison. :P
    The MSRP hasn't changed, mind.

BRRRRRRRRRR.

i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now
    Why not? Last time i tried it worked just fine. Only downside is the fullscreen-only.

@Cheezus, i dont get it.

Oh and happy new year everyone.

Happy new year y'all. Time to sleep I think.

Anybody know any anti-virus software that can get rid of Strep.? Sore throat and irritating cough since yesterday :/
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Welp, I successfully removed half of the torx screws on my 680, then tried for over an hour using various methods to remove the remaining with no success. I eventually stopped because both my torx screwdriver and the screws themselves were starting to strip. Apparently this is a known issue because they use locktite on the reference screws. Some people are saying that they sent their cards back to the manufacturer and the manufacturer removed the screws for them, but I think I'm just gonna send the ARCTIC cooler back and wait for the next generation of cards.

Welp, that's awkward. First time I've heard of them being that crazy difficult.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I had regular Phillips heads on my reference 680?

First I've heard of proprietary screws on a GPU. Laptops and consoles? Yes. But GPU coolers? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Anybody know any anti-virus software that can get rid of Strep.? Sore throat and irritating cough since yesterday :/
    I can tell you do not eat beef jerky with strep, it is the stupidest thing that you can do.