Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Xonar shouldn't have delay and even if it did, you are most likely not gonna record straight from guitar to the pc anyway are you.
    I tried to do this....but as far as the mic port on my STX was concerned, the guitar barely existed. Turns out with no amplification they output a pathetically weak signal
    But it works great when fed into an audio interface and THEN into the microphone jack, or directly from the audio interface into the PC itself. Lots of amping!

Also Delt isn't exactly a guitar guy :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-01-31 at 05:56 PM.

Yeah my bass worked (i think because it's active), but direct playback was impossible. There was like a half-second delay. So i couldn't hear what I was playing.

I had that delay as well when using my Line 6 Pod XT but I was under the expression that the Xonar would actually fix it. Haven't given it a go yet though. Then again I don't see how DAC would be any different (it's usb interface like my Pod XT). For me it's a moot point nevertheless since I can just plug my headphones to the Pod itself and then plug that to the PC via USB and just record. There's some delay but I can't hear it since I'm not listening to the PC realtime.

And, as Xuvial said, since there's no amping nor any sound effects or processing the output is not only gonna sound weak but also very plain. No gain, distortion, nothing. Pretty hard to play like that. That's why you ultimately want a digital amp modeler to make it sound better.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-01-31 at 07:21 PM.

Then again I don't see how DAC would be any different
    The D1can't, however Deltrus's unit can do it. And you're right, it did sound really bland x'D

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    There was like a half-second delay. So i couldn't hear what I was playing.
    Oh, yeah I haven't found a way around that either. Even the slightest amount of delay really screws with being able to play properly.

Yahoo mail got hacked....atleast i know that everything is good on my end. The hacker just seemed to send a bad advirtisement to all my contacts.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Meh, the disadvantage of a 'good' speakerset and a DAC is you realise how pisspoor most recordings are...

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Meh, the disadvantage of a 'good' speakerset and a DAC is you realise how pisspoor most recordings are...
    Really comes down to how much a given musical artist, for example, cares about how their music sounds. I can say that Dream Theater is one who cares a lot and 99.5% of their stuff sounds crystal clear. The only time it gets a little rough is when they go to extreme highs at high volume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yahoo mail got hacked....atleast i know that everything is good on my end. The hacker just seemed to send a bad advirtisement to all my contacts.
    I don't know if anything was sent to my contacts, no one said anything. But I've been with Yahoo for almost a decade now... wow. I'm pretty comfortable. Beta tester, unlimited storage, all the good stuff! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Really comes down to how much a given musical artist, for example, cares about how their music sounds.
    Heh, Death Magnetic anyone? :'')

Also, indeed DT's albums sound nice. Never get tired of that 6string bass, much like Karnivool. It just sounds divine.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-02 at 12:26 AM.

I don't know if anything was sent to my contacts, no one said anything. But I've been with Yahoo for almost a decade now... wow. I'm pretty comfortable. Beta tester, unlimited storage, all the good stuff! ;D
    If your account was affected they would have auto-reseted your password. Anyway it wasn't hacking on yahoo per se since the attack took place on third party site afaik? So take some common precautions for password protection and you should be safe.

Yeah, i think the term 'hacking' gets used too loosely. I don't think a person actively went after your personal account to send a few spam. This looks more like a automatic hijack/keylog of your account.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-02 at 12:24 AM.

The only reason I noticed I was hacked is when I was at work, my other email emailed my work email. It look at it and was like "wtf is this?". Though the person did email my contact list, yahoo did lock my account right fast after that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You sending an email to your entire contactlist from another country is a nice telltale sign usually : )

Aaah this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjoWMA5d84

A server hard drive from the late 80's. The size was around 2GB and it costed freaking $250,000. Look at the beauty though...

Aaah this is awesome.

A server hard drive from the late 80's. The size was around 2GB and it costed freaking $250,000. Look at the beauty though...
    Holy SHIT that guy's voice is annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Also Delt isn't exactly a guitar guy :P
    Only in the matter of I don't play guitar...
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2014-02-04 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Only in the matter of I don't play guitar...
    Yeah that's what I meant

Aaah this is awesome.

The guy says 10MB. Also, just look at the engineering that went into that thing. It was designed to do one thing, and it does that one thing brilliantly and simply. A truly amazing and beautiful piece of design.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2014-02-04 at 01:04 PM.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The guy says 10MB. Also, just look at the engineering that went into that thing. It was designed to do one thing, and it does that one thing brilliantly and simply. A truly amazing and beautiful piece of design.
    It was later confirmed to be a bit bigger like 2-4gb I think. Anyway, such an awesome "little" thing indeed.

Anyone have an alternative for the NH-D14 quality-wise? Amazon is being a bit annoying (20 euros to ship to my country)... Preferably an air cooler
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Anyone have an alternative for the NH-D14 quality-wise? Amazon is being a bit annoying (20 euros to ship to my country)... Preferably an air cooler
    Thermalright Silver Arrow. Probably even harder to find then a NH-D14 though.