They've shown off industrial series before, and back then the RPMs were ridiculously high I think. Any specs on these?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Noctua are indirectly saying "oh you were hoping for another color scheme? Here, pick between a lower quality model or industrial-use fans". Fucking hell, way to go Noctua.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    They've shown off industrial series before, and back then the RPMs were ridiculously high I think. Any specs on these?
    The NF-A14 PPC can run between 500 and 2000 RPM via PWM.

http://noctua.at/main.php?show=produ...3&lng=en&set=1

Interesting, though this obviously ties into a new question... where do you buy them? Because I swear those industrial fans have been the talk for ages. Haven't they released yet or something?

Interesting, though this obviously ties into a new question... where do you buy them? Because I swear those industrial fans have been the talk for ages. Haven't they released yet or something?
    Press release says they are shipping to retailers right now. What with them being manufactured in Austria, it takes at least a day for the shipment to get to Rotterdam and then a week to cross the Atlantic and land on the east coast.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm looking for a windows 7 budget laptop. i think i'm going to buy this.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPa...ag=thnenedo-20

does anyone have any last minute suggestions or anything before i click buy. input is appreciated
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I'd personally look for something a little lighter than 2.5 kg, that weight can start to feel quite heavy after an hour of having it on your lap.

As for the specification, all laptops at that price-range have pretty much the same components inside them, so the only thing that really differentiates them is build quality and battery life-time, and Lenovo does both those quite well.

Deleted
    Considering 2000rpm max isn't something awesome, h100i fans are 2500-2600, those NF-A14 have acoustical noise 31.5db. The usual NF-F12/P12 are 19-22db @ 1300/1500 rpm, so that does make quite a difference. So from what i see they basically going to have pretty much the same noise as the other mid range fans.

I run fans in the 500-1000 RPM range, so that's why I'm not generally interested in high RPM fans.

Deleted
    Trying to decide which fans to buy to replace the default h100i ones. I know most ppl go for Noctua NF-F/P12 but those Be Quiet! are very tempting. Can go up to 1500rpm if needed, produce even less noise for about same air flow. Also no ugly brown ><

I run fans in the 500-1000 RPM range, so that's why I'm not generally interested in high RPM fans.
    I run my case fans at 600-700 RPM except in the height of summer.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a rather chilly basement (typically 55~ F) so I would probably be fine running with only 1 or 2 fans going, much less all of them.

I have them at 5v.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Yes during winter yes, but now here the temp is already ~30degrees andn its not even july yet for those 40-45. So i usually ran PWM ones connected to mobo or a controller . At idle today, around 15:00 cpu was idling at 42-44 with h100i fans at 600rpm (custom rpm curve).

10+ Year Old Account
    I run mine with the fan controller, the only unit getting max voltage is the H80 pump, all of the case fans run at minimum speeds. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    As you described getting the same paycheck is not the only thing. Its has to do more with what you have to do to get the same paycheck. It might be less hours for same money, or an easier job or just plain more pleasant enviroment either being the facilities/office and people working in it.

I think not having to deal with Windows 98 is a decent raise tbh

Deleted
    A quick question about speakers since i am not good with sound stuff be it speakers, headphones etc. My current logitech cheap ones after 5-6 years started doing some "electric bleed" sound and its annoying as hell. I usually have music lowish in the background when not using my headset and that bleed sounds as much as the music on low. I barely ever had the sound more than 50% and the same goes probably with the new ones i want to buy.

So i am looking something cheap say around say 25-30euros, 2 speakers not 2.1 and not usb. Its not that i cant spend another 10 or 15, its just that i dont really use them much to be worth it i think. I had bought my wife those like 6months ago and they are fine for their purpose. I am checking if i can buy something better for my money, here's the list from the shop i am usually buying. The important stuff is in english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Trying to decide which fans to buy to replace the default h100i ones. I know most ppl go for Noctua NF-F/P12 but those Be Quiet! are very tempting. Can go up to 1500rpm if needed, produce even less noise for about same air flow. Also no ugly brown ><
    They released cheaper and grey versions +)
    http://noctua.at/main.php?show=redux

Deleted
    Ok new goodies arived today.

Got myself Creative Gigaworks T20 seriesII and they are as good as advertised. Was looking for 2 speakers and not 2.1 and they are miles ahead of what i had especially considering the price of 70euros. There are others but didnt have access to them so.. all good.

Also Be quiet silent wings 2 pwm on h100i. Similar cfm to Noctuas, slightly cheaper, less noise according to specs and better looking. At max rpm i cant hear them at all having my ear to the case. All i can hear is the gpu fans now. Very pleased with this i definately reckon them against noctua's for the looks^^

Was lazy when i build this setup, since i had 2 builds during same afternoon and had kept h100i with its own paste on. Damn its crap. Before at idle 41-44oC. Now 27-29 across cores with an ambient of 23. That is with Xilence X5 thermal grease i had laying around.