15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think not having to deal with Windows 98 is a decent raise tbh
    And I thought my work was bad still having some xp laptops.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    And I thought my work was bad still having some xp laptops.
    XP is legit. don't hate!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    XP is legit. don't hate!
    I remeber windows ME being my first os.....>.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I remeber windows ME being my first os.....>.>
    Imho it was the worst Windows OS i've ever experienced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Imho it was the worst Windows OS i've ever experienced.
    I did not know any different...

I got my Moto X Kitkat rooted, hardest root I have had to do so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of selling my AudioEngine A5+'s for some KRK RP6/RP8 G3's. I'm pretty sure why i'm having issues with the A5's in the lowmids is the fact it's not bi-amped. Especially since I now have my B&W P7's, listening to the A5's is just meh.
    What do you guys think? Or are studio/desktop speakers in that pricerange (400-500 euro) never going to sound as comparable?
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-05-29 at 11:21 PM.

So I was randomly browsing reddit, and found...this post.

[...] i gave it [custom-built PC] to him and 2 hours later get this phone call; my computer just sparked all over the place and let out a loud hising noise, he brought it over to my house I looked at it and the case was full of holes, this conversation insued

-me: why is the case full of holes

-D: I drilled the holes and I was going to paint them to look like bullet holes

-me: why the hell would you think that was a good idea

-D: because bullet holes are cool and I want a cool computer

...how could someone be this stupid...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next trend: putting tank shell holes into everything, because getting shot at by tanks is cool.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So I was randomly browsing reddit
    and he expected me to fix it and replace the parts for free because "you did no tell me I could not drill holes into the side of the desktop"
    Hahaha, that is so American. The country where they have to put "do not use as hammer" on screwdrivers to prevent lawsuits.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-04 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infracted
    Dear Majesticii,
    You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.
    Reason: Forbidden Topics
    -------
    Nation bashing is forbidden here
    ------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that is some oversensitive shit right there. I don't even know why I bother visiting forums anymore. Everything is immediatly labelled 'edgy'.
    bye.

FYI, I wasn't lying. I have those screwdrivers in the case. Joke's on you people.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-06-05 at 11:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...

How can it be nation bashing if it's true (and hence funny)?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an issue with moderation, contact a global moderator. Don't derail threads to discuss it publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you have an issue with moderation, contact a global moderator. Don't derail threads to discuss it publicly.
    I would usually agree that we shouldn't derail, but this is "Computer Forum Chat Thread", so it's not like it has a 'topic' to start with in that sense.

Unrelated to above: Waiting for package. It spent 4 days in customs already, and then reached Hamar (neighbor town) yesterday. Did it go from neighbor town to here this morning then? Oh, no. Not at all. Nor did it go with the 3 PM truck either!

...What the heck is going on with this package right now. @.@

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Majesticii,
    -------

Wow, that is some oversensitive shit right there. I don't even know why I bother visiting forums anymore. Everything is immediatly labelled 'edgy'.
    bye.

FYI, I wasn't lying. I have those screwdrivers in the case. Joke's on you people.
    Seriously?? Wow. Some moderator must've woke up grouchy that morning.

I don't usually complain about who/what mods infract but that is simply absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This thread was never on the rails
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Folks, is it possible to change the background color of Windows's Mail app?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Majesticii,
    -------

bye.

<american, not offended, yes we have stupid things like that on everything, the real fun is the cancer warnings, some stuff only gives you cancer if you live in california

but i agree, the mod that infracted you was over the line

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

This is wrong. CPU consuming 100w/h means that's it's putting out about (slightly less then) 100w/h of heat all the time. All of this heat must be drawn away and transferred to the air, not just 20w/h or 50w/h like in your examples. If the amount of heat moved away was less then what the system was putting out it would over heat infinitely.
    sorry, i didn't state that right, to drop the temp, the cooler needs to pull the output rate plus more, so think of 20w/h and 50w/h as the rate past the base rate to keep the CPU at 100C, in that practical concept the heatsink would overall cool 120w/h and the waterloop would overall cool 150w/h

Why the hell not? And for that matter, explain to me how third law of thermodynamics would even apply on our layman napkin math conversation of the subject?
    because entropy is only a factor on a closed system where no more energy is being added, a CPU is not a closed system

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    sorry, i didn't state that right, to dro the temp, the cooler needs to pull the output rate plus more, so think of 20w/h and 50w/h as the rate past the base rate to keep the CPU at 100C, in that practical concept the heatsink would overall cool 120w/h and the waterloop would overall cool 150w/h
    Still doesn't add up. So where are those extra 20w/h and 30w/h coming from if the CPU is only outputting 100w/h?

If you insist on using these numbers to explain it I'd put it this way; As the cpu begins to output heat within the first hour 70w of energy is stored in the stock cooler and 50w in water cooler so within first hour water cooler has to exhaust 50w and air cooler 30w. After that first hour has passed and both coolers have reached the peak temperature they both are gonna exhaust 100w/h with the difference that stock cooler has 20w more energy stored in it that needs to be exhausted after you shut off the pc. So in essence there's 20w more heat in the room air TOTAL when using water cooler up to the point when the air cooled pc will be shut off and even that gap will close.

It's ridiculous that you're trying to argue that a cooler would somehow affect how much energy/ heat a cpu puts out. Energy cannot disappear or duplicate. It either stays in the matter or it moves forward.

sorry, i didn't state that right, to drop the temp, the cooler needs to pull the output rate plus more, so think of 20w/h and 50w/h as the rate past the base rate to keep the CPU at 100C, in that practical concept the heatsink would overall cool 120w/h and the waterloop would overall cool 150w/h
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding here. Wattage is not related at all to temperature. Saying that there is a base rate to keep a CPU at 100c is only useful when you also consider how well it can dissipate the heat. If it could not dissipate any heat at all, you could put 1w through it and it would heat to infinity.

I am not sure where the 3rd law of thermodynamics came into the conversation, but what is more appropriate is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convective_heat_transfer . Specifically, Newton's 3rd law of cooling. It explains why dissipation is completely dynamic based on the temperature difference and how your stock cooler can and will dissipate the same wattage as a fancy H20 system, it will just require a higher peak temperature to do it. In fact, if it could not, your CPU as above would never reach a stable temp. Like I said, in the long run this actually means the effect on ambient will be exactly the same, no matter what cooling solution you use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't add up. So where are those extra 20w/h and 30w/h coming from if the CPU is only outputting 100w/h?
    the extra energy comes in because the coolers are lowering the CPU temp, if the CPU temp of 100C is based on it generating 100w/h then you maintain 100C you need to cool 100w/h, if you cool more, say 150w/h, then you lower the temp below 100C

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding here. Wattage is not related at all to temperature.
    /facedesk

the extra energy comes in because the coolers are lowering the CPU temp, if the CPU temp of 100C is based on it generating 100w/h then you maintain 100C you need to cool 100w/h, if you cool more, say 150w/h, then you lower the temp below 100C
    Right, the better cooler would dissipate 150w@100c. It would cool down until it was dissipating 100w@whatever, as it cools down it loses ability to dissipate heat, this is why is does not freeze your cpu or even get it to ambient temperatures as 100% efficiency is impossible. There is no "extra" energy being sucked out of the system aside from the initial cooling down which as I have explained maybe 4 times now ultimately has no effect on ambient temperatures as whatever difference between 2 coolers exists will be equalised when they both return to resting temperature, in the mean time every cooler will be exactly the same.

/facedesk
    You know I don't appreciate this and to be completely blunt I am having a hard time dumbing this down sufficiently as you just don't seem to want to accept the fact that your "150w" cooler is not always cooling at 150w. You have had 2 people take the time to explain it 2 different ways so I would not be /facedesking too hard or the concept may be out of your reach forever.

You seem to be very hung up on wattage=temperature. This is meaningless unless you actually give consideration to how efficiently heat is being dissipated. Like a said, any wattage could heat something up to infinity if it had no way to dump heat. The more efficient the heat dissipation, the lower the temperature a given wattage can attain. So one more time...

If It take 100 seconds to boil my 1000w kettle it will have produced 100000w over that time period and my water will be hot.

If I then pipe the water in the kettle through my car radiator while the kettle is running(which I promise you can prevent a kettle from EVER boiling no matter how long you leave it) and run it for the same 100 seconds. My kettle will not boil, I will still have expended 100000w. All I need to do is wait for the above to cool down to the same temp and bam, the same 100000w has been transmitted to the room. The only difference with your computer is this cooling process takes seconds to happen even with a stock cooler, not minutes and therefore is not really worth discussing and you certainly are not detecting this effect with any accuracy with your feet. Did anyone ever tell you humans make terrible lab equipment?