Have you lot seen these Ram tests done with i7 4790k? 2133Mhz diffence to 1600.
    Armory 8month break over, yay!
    FR Mini R2 |Asus Maximus VI Gene | i5 4670k @4.4Ghz | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB 1866 | GA GTX770 | RM650W | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Anyway while T70 is a good choice I can't recommend wearing closed headphones outside.
    They'd be living on my desk at work. I have two goals:
    • make it obvious to everyone that I'm concentrating and don't want to be disturbed (headphones do that in a fantastic way).
    • blocking out sound that comes through the wall (the pub outside on top of the building next door has the music come through the wall)
    • not piss off/offend my co-workers: my taste in music isn't really shared so a small stereo or even open headphones isn't going to work.
    At home I'll always prefer a regular stereo, at the gym I like in-ears to block out the grunting and I like the way they stay-put on a treadmill. In 'the real world' I like noise cancelling in-ear items: they block out noise like the subway or wind-noise and make it easier to hear things like horns or bicycles, they're also great on airplanes just to silence the engines/wind.

You might want to take a look at Sennheiser HD 25-1 II:s.
    I'll have a look, tx.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Have you lot seen these Ram tests done with i7 4790k? 2133Mhz diffence to 1600.
    No. But it still means fuck all anywhere outside a synthetic benchmark.
    i5 4690k ♦ Z97-A ♦ GTX 760 SLI ♦ 8 GB ♦ 120Gb + 1Tb + 4Tb ♦ Define R4

Got my Fiio E10 today and holy crap.. This thing is freaking amazing. Glad I didn't go for a sound card for the new build. Not only it sounds better than the Sound Blaster Z, it's even cheaper. I got mine for 70$. Very happy with the purchase. Using the MMX 300 from Beyerdynamic.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

So I almost forgot about the Pentium G3258 with all the talk going on about the 4790k. I went and checked some reviews and... fucking hell..!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3849.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evXpqpNhu_Y

Is that thing just awesome or what? Literally the best thing since sliced bread.. Makes you want to just grab one or two and use it for small media center or the like. Too bad I don't really need one. Maybe low power mini-ITX build for summer or something?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

Yeah I almost grabbed that as my next CPU instead of 4690k but then I realised it wouldn't be the best idea for heavily multithreaded tasks. It's just a great little thing and runs cool as hell too!

Taking what I said from another thread and placing it here because this place is more appropriate:
    ...im going to likely be in the market for a desktop replacement laptop, considering the Sager NP9377-S from xoticpc with the 120hz screen, SLI 880M, i7-4810mq, 2x500GB SSDs in RAID0, 2x1TB HDDs in RAID 0, and the works with the IC diamond, copper upgrades, screen calibration, etc with the 3 year warranty, coverage, and accidental damage protection. Hoping this gets me through 4 years of college gaming and such.

Of course, there is the option of buying something for half that price with like a single 870m/880M to get me through roughly 2 years and then upgrade to a newer model down the line rather than trying to go balls to the wall from the get-go
    Anyone care to share any thoughts/experiences relevant to this?
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Played around with FRAPS in LFR Wing 2:

(click to enlarge)

Anyone seen the proposed Windows 9 DRM?

http://www.techpowerup.com/202830/mi...windows-9.html

Kind of on the fence about it personally since it would be yet another online account I'd likely have to sign up for but I would no longer have to type in a product key.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134
    Type: Steel with Magneton, Forretress, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Anyone seen the proposed Windows 9 DRM?

http://www.techpowerup.com/202830/mi...windows-9.html

Kind of on the fence about it personally since it would be yet another online account I'd likely have to sign up for but I would no longer have to type in a product key.
    So, more barriers for the legitimate user, and pirates will continue to pirate. Got it. *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So, more barriers for the legitimate user, and pirates will continue to pirate. Got it. *sighs*
    You mean more barriers for the legitimate user and therefore an increase in piracy rates :P

It's like MS are completely out of touch with how badly DRM backfired in gaming over the last 5-10 years -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You mean more barriers for the legitimate user and therefore an increase in piracy rates :P

It's like MS are completely out of touch with how badly DRM backfired in gaming over the last 5-10 years -_-
    Right. I did mean that, and I totally agree. I don't see why they're thinking about changing it...I believe it will hurt them if they do pursue this rumor.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I would need a good reason to change OS, tbqh.
    Even getting it free from school is not good enough of a reason.

Isn't this basically the phoning home system?

I like not having to phone microsoft to ask if they could pretty please reset the installation counter on my Windows licence, don't like having to make an account to do so. Hopefully you won't need a credit card to do so.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

I'm baaaack! Just bought a KBT Poker II and KBT Race II. Super excited. Poker gets here today, Race gets here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'm baaaack! Just bought a KBT Poker II and KBT Race II. Super excited. Poker gets here today, Race gets here tomorrow.
    Won't lie, had to look up what both of those were. :P I like how compact and tiny they look, while I like having numpad (for the few occasions I do actually use it) I still really appreciate desk-space-savers. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on these keyboards.

Speaking of keyboards, the Corsair K70 Cyanotical sent me with Cherry MX Blue switches has definitely replaced my K90. I dread the day, when, if he ever does, asks for it back. :P
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Won't lie, had to look up what both of those were. :P I like how compact and tiny they look, while I like having numpad (for the few occasions I do actually use it) I still really appreciate desk-space-savers. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on these keyboards.

Speaking of keyboards, the Corsair K70 Cyanotical sent me with Cherry MX Blue switches has definitely replaced my K90. I dread the day, when, if he ever does, asks for it back. :P
    I was utterly convinced that I'd hate typing on Cherry Reds, but I actually really like it. I think I can type faster. Now I just need to get used to this keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    I was utterly convinced that I'd hate typing on Cherry Reds, but I actually really like it. I think I can type faster. Now I just need to get used to this keyboard.
    I like both, I'm finding. The K70 just lacks the problem the K90 had (that one firmware problem) and also is fully mechanical and no extra macro keys. THANK GOD.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

With my K90's MX Reds I have found myself accidentally pushing down keys with just the weight of my fingers/hand. Occasionally during BF4 or Skyrim my character starts moving in a random direction (which confuses the heck out of me for a second), and then I notice I've pushed down one of my WASD keys halfway down without even realizing it.

MX Reds are a bit too light/smooth and IMO not the best kind for gaming. You can do repeated keystrokes really fast (great for typing) and you can bottom-out the keys easily, but for gaming it doesn't give a clear enough indication of when you activate the key.

Meanwhile my CM Storm's Cherry Browns have been a MUCH more satisfying experience. Same force as MX Red but gives you a nice "bump" (not clicky) when you activate the key. No more accidental key-presses

All hail MX Browns!
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-07-16 at 03:41 AM.