Unlimited FPS?

Probably. Similar thing happens in Minecraft (where I even get some coil whine because V-Sync isn't applied at the game menu, only when you load in to the world) and the graphics card is going crazy pumping out hundreds of FPS because Minecraft is a piece of shit.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Probably. Similar thing happens in Minecraft (where I even get some coil whine because V-Sync isn't applied at the game menu, only when you load in to the world) and the graphics card is going crazy pumping out hundreds of FPS because Minecraft is a piece of shit.
    That's exactly what it is. Hearthstone makes my computer hotter than any other game. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    On the topic of miniPC's, I wish I had one of these to play with. I almost bought it. I've been having so many frustrating problems with my PC. My seemingly stable 5.2ghz 2500k has begun to have a plethora of problems (probably due to the voltage I've been putting through it.) I really want to do a rebuild, but I can't be arsed to pull everything out. I mean-- I'd mourn the loss of my graphics setup, but I don't even play any games that use my two 7970's. I literally play osu!, CS:GO, and WoW. None of those are particularly graphics intensive. (In fact, I could probably get by with an IGP/APU.)
    Yeah Linus did a review on it and it unfortunately just could not keep itself cool. You're better off going with the Zotac alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

That's exactly what it is. Hearthstone makes my computer hotter than any other game. ;_;
    Just forced VSync on in CCC for hearthstone, let's see if that helps.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah Linus did a review on it and it unfortunately just could not keep itself cool. You're better off going with the Zotac alternative.
    I own some pretty big fans. You underestimate the size of my fan collection. Really.

There's hardly space left inside the unit though. And if you place them outside it kind of ruins the concept.

Forcing VSync on for Hearthstone via Catalyst Control Centre seems to have worked, btw

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    a) No.
    b) No.
    c) Yes.
    d) I've been wanting to replace my AX 850 for a while now due to coilwhine. So if I bought that I could use it to play around with the mini build and throw it in my main build when I grow tired. Also, Platinum rating and modular cables (have extra set of white sleeved cables to go with it). :>

The idea would be to basically have just really compact, quiet and low power machine I could use during summer to reduce the heat. Dunno what the hell I'd do afterwards. Maybe seat it in the living room and use as media PC? Only problem is that I don't really have a living room nor TV atm.
    What motherboard is in your main build? That might be why.

Depending on whether you mean computer or room temperature, I would advice you to go water cooling instead. Especially since you don't have a plan for it outside of summer computering.

Also, my Hearthstone caps FPS at 60 automagically. Which is great, because it used to be 30. It annoyed me for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's just that my computer constantly yells at me to turn off my aero theme with certain games. That bugs me and tells me it's time to upgrade. Maybe my assumption is wrong though, but that has to do with my vram right? The games run great otherwise.
    It happened to me way too much when playing BF3 on Windows 7 even with 2GB cards. The fix is just using Windows 8, the desktop in windows 7 still runs at dx9.
    Because you'd be most likely cpu bound in your other games therefore the gpu load would be drastically lower.
    [email protected] | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

I own some pretty big fans. You underestimate the size of my fan collection. Really.
    Hell yea buddy! Fan brothers 4 LYFE!

http://i.imgur.com/UYnDJ5t.jpg
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

... you're joking, right? O_O
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

... you're joking, right? O_O
    It's up to you to decide how eccentric I am.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    With that many fans, your room temperature must be -20°C. You should put them next to an H100i.
    Speaking of fans, I realised yesterday that I have an AC unit that is really great. I've only lived in this apartment since early April.. Oh well. Never been in a house with an AC unit before, it makes me feel oddly special. In the short school bus type of way.

And off-topic, but what does the acronym "smh" mean? I've assumed it meant "somehow", but it just doesn't seem to fit the contexts, and a needless shortening.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And off-topic, but what does the acronym "smh" mean? I've assumed it meant "somehow", but it just doesn't seem to fit the contexts, and a needless shortening.
    Shake My Head.

I've got nothing on-topic to contribute, sorries.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Shake My Head.

I've got nothing on-topic to contribute, sorries.
    Welcome to the chat thread, where the topics are made up and the posts don't matter.

Welcome to the chat thread, where the topics are made up and the posts don't matter.
    Pretty much.

So... I just brewed my first home brew! :O

Currently looks like this:

Pretty much.

Looking good man, once you get some extra send some my way! Sadly I don't brew but I do make hash oil from time to time
    Intel I7-5930K @ 4.5GHz | H100i GTX | Asus X99-A | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
    Intel 750 PCIe 400GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX | EVGA 850W | NXZT H440 NEW | Dell U3415W | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Schiit Asgard 2 | Schiit Modi 2 Uber | Presonus E5 x2 | Beyerdynamic DT990's 600 Ohm

Pretty much.

I'll drive up to Illinois to indulge if it's any good. I've been meaning to look more into home brewing. I'm subbed to the Homebrewing subreddit, and my Chem professor does, so huh... Seems like a fitting hobby for tinkerers and stuff. What are you making?

It's a 100% Columbus hop-based Rye IPA. No malt though, however some priming sugar will go into all of the bottles. It's very active this morning, I can happily say!

The Rye IPA choice was the voted for choice recipe. (This was a successful Kickstart campaign!)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ing-kits/posts

www.hopbox.co